[COM] 374-400 King William Street | 47m | 11lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] 374-400 King William Street | 47m | 11lvls | Office

#1 Post by Will » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:28 pm

Kyren Pty Ltd is set to submit a proposal to the ACC for a office tower on the former Repco site, at the corner of King William Street and Gilles Street. Exact address: 374-400 King William Street.

This new office tower will include:

*11 levels
*over 20 000 sqm2 of premium office space
*If approved construction will start next year
*Expected completion: 2008

It is expected that this development will be a category 1 development thus it will not require public consultation.

Adelarch
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#2 Post by Adelarch » Mon May 01, 2006 7:16 pm

Good find mate. Lets hope the design is half decent because we're talking about one helluva long facade potentially:

What I'm really liking about these proposals though is the scale they will add to this end of the town, which obviously has very few buildings over around the 6 storey mark. I'm still dreaming about a skyscraper spine the full length of King Willy St :wink:

Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#3 Post by Al » Mon May 01, 2006 8:42 pm

Yeah. About time that Optus building had some company. :D

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#4 Post by AtD » Mon May 01, 2006 11:11 pm

Out of curiosity, what's your source, Will? It's a goldmine, whatever it is.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#5 Post by Howie » Tue May 02, 2006 12:02 am

Most definately... you're a gun mate.

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#6 Post by Pants » Tue May 02, 2006 9:43 am

I'm nervous about this one. The carpark/offices that Kyren P/L put on that block aren't going to trouble any judges for Architetural awards and Alpha and Palais apartments aren't exactly great buildings either.

Hopefully they'll spend a bit more money on Architects with this tower, as it has a huge frontage and will be able to hide the carpark.

It's a shame that Watermans proposal never went through for this site.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#7 Post by Will » Tue May 02, 2006 2:44 pm

AtD wrote:Out of curiosity, what's your source, Will? It's a goldmine, whatever it is.
A nice person that works in the council. :wink:

However I will not disclose much more because due to this source I am able to break development stories a full 5-6 days before they become public.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#8 Post by Will » Tue May 02, 2006 2:49 pm

Pants wrote:I'm nervous about this one. The carpark/offices that Kyren P/L put on that block aren't going to trouble any judges for Architetural awards and Alpha and Palais apartments aren't exactly great buildings either.

Hopefully they'll spend a bit more money on Architects with this tower, as it has a huge frontage and will be able to hide the carpark.

It's a shame that Watermans proposal never went through for this site.
Indeed this proposed tower is designed to block the carpark from view.

Kyren does not have a good design reputation, however I am confident that this tower will be relatively stylish, as the office market is becoming very competitive in Adelaide, and Kyren cannot afford to make an ugly building.

Just on a side note I was looking at the recent Autumn edition of the Colliers International Adelaide office market report, and there it says that the SA Police are looking for 20 000 sqm2 of office space. Seeing that this building is planned to have 20 000 sqm2 I think they may be the eventual tenants.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#9 Post by Will » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:03 pm

8)

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#10 Post by Howie » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:06 pm

edit : merged threads.

Now that it's in the Tiser, i guess it's okay for us to post this here.

Thanks for the scoop Will.

More details to follow.

$70m go-ahead for city projects

ANNA VLACH, CIVIC REPORTER

September 05, 2006 12:15am
Article from: The Advertiser

TWO multi-million dollar city building developments were approved by Adelaide City Council last night.
The council's Development Assessment Panel unanimously voted in favour of both applications.

The first one passed, the Mayfair Apartments, will be a $40 million five-storey residential and retail development on the corner of Hutt and Angas streets.

Karidis Corporation will develop the former Hutt Street Hospital site, which has been lying vacant since 2003. It will have 36 apartments, two commercial tenancies and a car park.

The second development, by the Samaras Group, is a $30 million 10-storey glass-fronted office complex on the corner of Gilles and King William streets at the former Repco site.

Facing King William St in front of a recently completed eight-storey car park, the environmentally-friendly building will have a 4-5 Greenstar rating.

Architect of both buildings, Rob Cheesman, said the King William St office complex would attract major tenants and give the precinct a boulevard character.

"It will be the first cab off the rank under the council's Development Assessment Panel's plans for inviting new buildings to King William St south," he said.

Mr Cheesman, who is a member of the Development Assessment Panel, excused himself from last night's meeting citing a conflict of interest.

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM]

#11 Post by Ho Really » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:36 pm

Hope this development and the one opposite at 379 King William, spurs property owners and other developers to improve this part of Adelaide. It has true potential.

Cheers

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#12 Post by Will » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:56 pm

For those interested here is the technical data for the building:

Height to roof: 39.35m

Height of structure: 39.60m

Elevators: 3

Escalators: 3

GFA: 22 834m2

Length: 90m

width: 29m

Height floor to floor: 3.5m

Adelarch
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#13 Post by Adelarch » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:32 pm

initial reaction...I like it. Simple and elegant. The glass box seems to float over the lower stories. Perhaps more importantly it should give Optus some company...finally!
Nice scoop Howie

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#14 Post by Howie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:45 am

You'll have to thank Will for the scoop.

Thanks for posting the technical specs of the building too mate.

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM]

#15 Post by Ho Really » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:01 pm

Adelarch wrote:...Simple and elegant. The glass box seems to float over the lower stories...
I agree. It looks great. I love all the glass and what looks like polished granite on the podium. One question though, is this building too bulky? Wouldn't two (taller) towers look better, or would they be too prominent in some other way?

Also, only 3 lifts? One every 20 metres or so...mmmh.

Cheers