[COM] 374-400 King William Street | 47m | 11lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: #U/C: 374-400 King William St | 47m | 11lvls | Office

#601 Post by Ben » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:36 pm

This building will not stall. People have been spreading rumours since it has started... i belive someone has a personal grudge on the developer. I watch this building every day and it is coming along rather quickly now. I will post an update pic later today.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#602 Post by Ben » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:46 pm

loud
High Rise Poster!

#603 Post by loud » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:09 pm

Ben wrote:This building will not stall. People have been spreading rumours since it has started... i belive someone has a personal grudge on the developer. I watch this building every day and it is coming along rather quickly now. I will post an update pic later today.
Ben, to me, this building is not coming along quickly, compare it's rate of progress to COH, it's like watching a race between a snail and a cheetah.

Given that you work across the road, can you tell us what the workers are actually doing on site at the moment? The only difference I see between last month's photo and this month's is the addition of cladding to the lower levels...

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#604 Post by Ben » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:13 pm

loud wrote:
Ben wrote:This building will not stall. People have been spreading rumours since it has started... i belive someone has a personal grudge on the developer. I watch this building every day and it is coming along rather quickly now. I will post an update pic later today.
Ben, to me, this building is not coming along quickly, compare it's rate of progress to COH, it's like watching a race between a snail and a cheetah.

Given that you work across the road, can you tell us what the workers are actually doing on site at the moment? The only difference I see between last month's photo and this month's is the addition of cladding to the lower levels...
There is a lot of internal work going on. I must admit i don't know much about construction but this afternoon they have lifed two massive metal "things" on to the roof. I think it has something to do with the lifts as thats where they have been placed. The lower levels are being prepared for glass installation and air conditioning has been completed up to about level 8 at this stage. Plasterboard has been installed and partial fitouts up to level 7. Also painting is almost complete on the northern most walls.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#605 Post by UrbanSG » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:19 pm

Thanks for the pic Ben.

I am starting to suspect you loud may be the one spreading the rumors? I was just waiting for you to come back on here and start casting doubt over this development again like you did before construction commenced.

The Advertiser article was pure 'beat-up' material.

This development is still progressing, all developments are at risk of stalling not just this one. If you follow your logic then many other developments around the city, under construction at the moment, must also be close to stalling? What about Edge? We don't even know the amount of space they have managed to lease? Why do you always single out this development?

loud
High Rise Poster!

#606 Post by loud » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:02 pm

Oh Urban, you Super Sleuth - you have ousted me.

I confess, I am Theo Samaras's evil arch enemy and I have subscribed to internet forums across the globe, months before news of this development appeared, just waiting for my opportunity to bring him down with completely unsubstantiated claims and rumours!

Give me a f'in break!

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#607 Post by UrbanSG » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:08 pm

I knew it :D

I just don't get why you are constantly willing to believe this particular development is about to stall or not proceed at all?

I think a bit more evidence (not Advertiser crap) and speculation is needed before we jump on that bandwagon. These claims can be very damaging for particular projects.

loud
High Rise Poster!

#608 Post by loud » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:27 pm

UrbanSG wrote:I knew it :D

I just don't get why you are constantly willing to believe this particular development is about to stall or not proceed at all?

I think a bit more evidence (not Advertiser crap) and speculation is needed before we jump on that bandwagon. These claims can be very damaging for particular projects.
Why? Years of working in the industry have made me very sceptical, and when I compare this project to others in Adelaide, it stacks up to be the most likely to struggle.

So when people go "ooooh, look! they have put some pretty marble and glass on the walls - this development is really rocketing along!", I think "thats great, but what about the more important stuff like significant pre-commitment from tenants to secure finance?" and "cosmetics are one thing, but what about the expensive stuff like a plantroom, lifts and machinery"...

I will be a lot more positive about the whole thing when the leasing agents can actually confirm some decent tenant commitment, and I see a more significant steps towards building completion.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#609 Post by Ben » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:30 pm

Well i can confirm that this building will be the new headquarters of the merged Satisfac and Powerstate Credit Unions.

loud
High Rise Poster!

#610 Post by loud » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:36 pm

Ben wrote:Well i can confirm that this building will be the new headquarters of the merged Satisfac and Powerstate Credit Unions.
cool, how much space are they taking?

I didn't think that confirmation of that merger was taking place until the 2nd half of this year...

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#611 Post by Ben » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:42 pm

loud wrote:
Ben wrote:Well i can confirm that this building will be the new headquarters of the merged Satisfac and Powerstate Credit Unions.
cool, how much space are they taking?

I didn't think that confirmation of that merger was taking place until the 2nd half of this year...
2 Floors at this stage.

And your right it's voted on in August. However the space has been leased assuming if it doesn't go ahead they will still both move in 1 floor each.

citybangbang
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#612 Post by citybangbang » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:09 pm

Satisfac is included in that 38.5 per cent leased figure

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#613 Post by Pants » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:52 am

loud wrote:Oh Urban, you Super Sleuth - you have ousted me.

I confess, I am Theo Samaras's evil arch enemy and I have subscribed to internet forums across the globe, months before news of this development appeared, just waiting for my opportunity to bring him down with completely unsubstantiated claims and rumours!

Give me a f'in break!
Thread started - 28/4/06
You joined - 18/9/07

You ARE Theo Samaras's evil arch enemy just waiting for your opportunity to bring him down with completely unsubstantiated claims and rumours!

loud
High Rise Poster!

#614 Post by loud » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:07 am

Pants wrote:
loud wrote:Oh Urban, you Super Sleuth - you have ousted me.

Give me a f'in break!
Thread started - 28/4/06
You joined - 18/9/07

You ARE Theo Samaras's evil arch enemy just waiting for your opportunity to bring him down with completely unsubstantiated claims and rumours!
yes...

skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#615 Post by skyliner » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:57 pm

And now...what about the bldg itself - construction progress. Anyone able to post a pic of the main entrance area (externally - just in case).

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.