Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Beer Garden

#571 Post by Will » Sat May 09, 2009 12:40 pm

Shuz wrote:Some of you bought it :P
Sorry if some people fail to see the humour in a little pratical joke.
Shuz, please do not portray yourself as the victim of this saga. The true victim is the reputation of this website.

Very influential and important people visit this website. Imagine if someone at AAL had read your article and had to waste time calling the council, the developers, the state governemnt... for not being informed. Once such a person found out that this was a hoax and that this website made them waste their valuable time, do you think they would retain the confidence they had of the accuracy of information posted here?

Or, consider if Peter Vaughan had decided to initiate legal proceedings against this website for using his name and attributing a quote to him that he never made?

Sensational Adelaide is the vanguard of development information in South Australia. Never put this in jeopardy.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#572 Post by Cruise » Mon May 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Shuz, were you walking down king william street today at about 3 to 3:30PM today?

I think i saw you.

loud
High Rise Poster!

#573 Post by loud » Mon May 11, 2009 5:24 pm

Will wrote:
Shuz wrote:Some of you bought it :P
Sorry if some people fail to see the humour in a little pratical joke.
Shuz, please do not portray yourself as the victim of this saga. The true victim is the reputation of this website.

Very influential and important people visit this website. Imagine if someone at AAL had read your article and had to waste time calling the council, the developers, the state governemnt... for not being informed. Once such a person found out that this was a hoax and that this website made them waste their valuable time, do you think they would retain the confidence they had of the accuracy of information posted here?

Or, consider if Peter Vaughan had decided to initiate legal proceedings against this website for using his name and attributing a quote to him that he never made?

Sensational Adelaide is the vanguard of development information in South Australia. Never put this in jeopardy.
I second that Will... Shuz, wtf were you thinking???

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#574 Post by Shuz » Wed May 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Cruise wrote:Shuz, were you walking down king william street today at about 3 to 3:30PM today?

I think i saw you.
Nope, wasn't me; as I was at TAFE.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#575 Post by Omicron » Thu May 14, 2009 10:01 pm

So, how 'bout them tram rides?

*cough*

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#576 Post by Shuz » Fri May 15, 2009 8:53 am

Oh, yes. I happened to come across quite an interesting specimen aboard the tram only just the other day. He was an shrewdly unobservant, materialistically consumed, lanky pretentious grasshopper, bearing wickedly frail glasses and sported a rather tragic arrangement of hair follicles atop. Was quite the find.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#577 Post by Wayno » Fri May 15, 2009 9:27 am

Shuz wrote:Oh, yes. I happened to come across quite an interesting specimen aboard the tram only just the other day. He was an shrewdly unobservant, materialistically consumed, lanky pretentious grasshopper, bearing wickedly frail glasses and sported a rather tragic arrangement of hair follicles atop. Was quite the find.
was this him?
Grasshopper.jpg
Grasshopper.jpg (14.13 KiB) Viewed 2717 times
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#578 Post by Omicron » Sat May 16, 2009 12:07 am

Shuz wrote:Oh, yes. I happened to come across quite an interesting specimen aboard the tram only just the other day. He was an shrewdly unobservant, materialistically consumed, lanky pretentious grasshopper, bearing wickedly frail glasses and sported a rather tragic arrangement of hair follicles atop. Was quite the find.
Tragic! Tragic! Banish thyself from Verona, wench!
Wayno wrote:
was this him?
Grasshopper.jpg
Yes, it was.

stumpjumper
Legendary Member!

#579 Post by stumpjumper » Sat May 16, 2009 8:00 am

Having just looked in here, and with the number of apparently deleted threads, I'm fcuked if I know what's going on.

Glad you hit 2000, shuz. I only ever post here to keep your responses and posts up.

Farewell to riceknackers, I suppose.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#580 Post by Shuz » Sat May 16, 2009 1:36 pm

2156 now. I'd be interested to know how many hours I've spent foruming this site in my life.

Queen Anne
Donating Member
Donating Member

#581 Post by Queen Anne » Mon May 25, 2009 3:10 pm

..and now for something competely different

I'm bursting to share the amazing thing that happened to us today. We went for a drive north of Seattle to see Mt Baker, a volcano in the Cascade Mountains (and the home of snowboarding, according to George). Stunning place it is.

Anyhoo, we were driving along and a BLACK BEAR crossed the road in front of our car! I still can't believe it, it was truly amazing. No picture sadly, we were caught by surprise!

I'm still breaking into a grin as I think of it :D

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#582 Post by AtD » Mon May 25, 2009 3:41 pm

Did he swipe your pic-a-nick basket?

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#583 Post by monotonehell » Mon May 25, 2009 5:12 pm

I was driving through Toorak Gdns last month at about 1am and a koala walked across the road.

There that beats your common as mud black bear. ;)
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#584 Post by AtD » Mon May 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Don't forget the drop bears! They'll jump on to your car and try to get through the glass.

Queen Anne
Donating Member
Donating Member

#585 Post by Queen Anne » Tue May 26, 2009 2:38 pm

AtD wrote:Did he swipe your pic-a-nick basket?
And I blamed George when the lunch went missing :o

Mono, I'm sure you'll dine out well on the koala story :P