Adelaide has to build a NEW stadium for 2018/2022 World Cup

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
Tyler_Durden
High Rise Poster!

Re: Adelaide has to build a NEW stadium for 2018/2022 World Cup

#91 Post by Tyler_Durden » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:49 pm

adam_stuckey wrote:Personally I’d say that England and Russia are our two main rivals I’m glad to see that there’s no China bid!
I agree with England being a favourite. 2018 will undoubtedly go to Europe after 2010 and 2014 being elsewhere. England haven't hosted since 1966 and are huge favourites to host 2018. Possibly the only thing against them is the hooligan factor.

USA are my tip for 2022. USA 1994 still holds the record for the highest attendance and best financial result for a World Cup. Their list of potential host stadiums is limitless. And crucially, USA is still seen as a devloping soccer nation with enormous untapped potential that FIFA are as keen as ever to exploit.

If we don't win it (and I don't think we can), I'd like to see USA get one.

adam73837
High Rise Poster!
Location: The wilderness being sustained by nutrients in the air and powering my laptop with positive energy

#92 Post by adam73837 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:07 pm

I agree with you Tyler that if we don't win it USA should get it, however I wouldn't underestimate our chances. Australia, like the USA but without the hundreds of millions of people, has quite a potential in soccer. Being right next to Asia and having a large number of Asian and African migrants (not to mention the South Americans, Europeans and the migrants-of-the-50s' descendants), we have a large number of people (including Anglo-Saxons) that would love to see the World's best play here. Like you said on the AAMI Stadium thread, "some people prefer to watch the best". Exactly my point, with the best players from around the world coming here, the atmosphere will be fantastic. Not only would you have the A-League fanatics, but you'll have the Soccer 'Purists', if you will, joining in the party. The World Cup is something we should all back. 8) COME PLAY, indeed. 8)

BTW, did anyone here notice that in the picture of today's Advertiser of Frank Lowy, Kevin Rudd and Malcom Turnbull announcing the bid, rather than looking at the audience, Kevin Rudd was looking at the person two spaces to his right; Turnbull. :lol:
I take back many of the things I said before 2010; particularly my anti-Rann rants. While I still maintain some of said opinions, I feel I could have been less arrogant. I also apologise to people I offended; while knowing I can't fully take much back. :)

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#93 Post by adam_stuckey » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:44 pm

BTW, did anyone here notice that in the picture of today's Advertiser of Frank Lowy, Kevin Rudd and Malcom Turnbull announcing the bid, rather than looking at the audience, Kevin Rudd was looking at the person two spaces to his right; Turnbull.
Ruddy would have been jealous that he's the only one not worth over $100 million!
To try to put it in some sort of perspective the World Cup is as big as having 2 grand finals a day for a month

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#94 Post by adam_stuckey » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:34 am

According to David Riccio at the Sunday telegraph the World Cup bid is all over because Tim Cahill got a little too drunk at a Sydney night club.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the anti-football media since we qualified for the World Cup? I honestly think its coming from the areas that have an invested interest in AFL or NRL, I think they can start to see some of their money slipping away!

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 21,00.html
To try to put it in some sort of perspective the World Cup is as big as having 2 grand finals a day for a month

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#95 Post by Cruise » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:53 pm

Seems our team in the world's post popular ball game can't even get a major sponsor. If they were really were well supportered sponsors would be lining up for them.
New kit:

Now don't give me the OMFG GFC!!111!!! arguement, If a sponsor was asured their business would get alot of exposer on AUFC's jumper they would be lining up.

So, Get yourselves a major sponsor and start selling out hindmarsh every week before you even think you need a new stadium.

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#96 Post by adam_stuckey » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:19 am

Now don't give me the OMFG GFC!!111!!! arguement, If a sponsor was asured their business would get alot of exposer on AUFC's jumper they would be lining up.

So, Get yourselves a major sponsor and start selling out hindmarsh every week before you even think you need a new stadium.
I would be surprised if we couldn't get the sponsorship printed on the shirt in time because i'm fairly sure Sakai is contracted for another year or two. I maybe wrong

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#97 Post by adam_stuckey » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:42 am

I found this video on youtube and I really think it displays the passion of football in Australia. Now I realise its a Melbourne game and I realise they're slagging off Adelaide but I have been to countless AFL games and you just never see this sort of fire at those games.

In short this video show the power of football not only in this country but generally

Also I have to say that i was at that game and i saw this crowd walking down the street together and as one guy in a red jacket it scared the s@#t out of me!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdbphEC7 ... re=related

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#98 Post by Norman » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:37 am

Being on a tram (in Melbourne) in Adelaide United gear after the game with Victory supporters coming onto it and shouting abuse at you is also quite scary :P

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#99 Post by Cruise » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:14 pm

adam_stuckey wrote:I found this video on youtube and I really think it displays the passion of football in Australia. Now I realise its a Melbourne game and I realise they're slagging off Adelaide but I have been to countless AFL games and you just never see this sort of fire at those games.

In short this video show the power of football not only in this country but generally

Also I have to say that i was at that game and i saw this crowd walking down the street together and as one guy in a red jacket it scared the s@#t out of me!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdbphEC7 ... re=related

One word: Hooligans

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#100 Post by Shuz » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:47 am

Isn't part of the bid includes hype about Australia's lack of "hooligan" element which makes it a "safe and family friendly" game to attend to.

Such bullshit they print out; hooligans have and always will be part of the soccer atmosphere. It's why it's the world game; that fierce rivalry and passion for the team.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#101 Post by Cruise » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Shuz wrote: It's why it's the world game; that fierce rivalry and passion for the team.

You can have passion for sport without feeling the need to light flares, start fights and turn over cars.

Some call it having common sense, I prefer to call it not being a friggin' retard.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#102 Post by Norman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:30 pm

Cruise wrote:
Shuz wrote: It's why it's the world game; that fierce rivalry and passion for the team.

You can have passion for sport without feeling the need to light flares, start fights and turn over cars.

Some call it having common sense, I prefer to call it not being a friggin' retard.
Hmm, hmm...
Centrals.jpg
Centrals.jpg (91.15 KiB) Viewed 2633 times

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#103 Post by monotonehell » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Norman wrote:Hmm, hmm...
Yes you can find 'friggin retards' at all kinds of sports events. :(
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#104 Post by Brando » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:45 am

Norman wrote:
Cruise wrote:

Hmm, hmm...
Centrals.jpg
How often do you see that in football...? Hardly ever, that would probably be the first time i have ever seen such studidty at a football game.

That's right soccer, i will never call soccer football as long as i am a proud Australian, no matter what you so called 'soccer' supporters may argue.... :roll:

adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!

#105 Post by adam_stuckey » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:11 am

Brando wrote:How often do you see that in football...? Hardly ever, that would probably be the first time i have ever seen such studidty at a football game.

That's right soccer, i will never call soccer football as long as i am a proud Australian, no matter what you so called 'soccer' supporters may argue....
I didn't realise it's Australian to call something the wrong name, if you are going to say it please do it in an American accent since they’re the only ones dumb enough to still call it that as a majority