PRO: Port Adelaide Tramline | $260m

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
paul.h
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: #U/C: Port Adelaide Tram Line

#1321 Post by paul.h » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:52 pm

With the new timetable, how much chance is there being delays at the City West single line. Or have they timed it so the trams pass at other locations and will be able to negotiate this area without delay.

RayRichards
High Rise Poster!

#1322 Post by RayRichards » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Why was the CiryWest part still not double track? Did TransAdelaide do it to be special again??

Ray.

Tonsley213
High Rise Poster!

#1323 Post by Tonsley213 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:21 pm

it is the Adelaide City Council that won't allow it to be duplicated because of a few trees. Not TA.
Last edited by Tonsley213 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1324 Post by The Scooter Guy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:26 pm

The work I currently do at Barkuma is sorting paper (used contracts, dockets, newspapers, etc) from all sorts of businesses to be shredded!
Today, I shredded some of the plans for the new tramline as they were finished being used!
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

RayRichards
High Rise Poster!

#1325 Post by RayRichards » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:32 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote:The work I currently do at Barkuma is sorting paper (used contracts, dockets, newspapers, etc) from all sorts of businesses to be shredded!
Today, I shredded some of the plans for the new tramline as they were finished being used!
You shouldve knock some off and uploded it on the site. We wouldnt say anything.........

Ray.

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#1326 Post by Hooligan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:47 pm

RayRichards wrote:
The Scooter Guy wrote:The work I currently do at Barkuma is sorting paper (used contracts, dockets, newspapers, etc) from all sorts of businesses to be shredded!
You shouldve knock some off and uploded it on the site. We wouldnt say anything.........

Ray.
Indeed! bloody hell scooter guy.
if you uploaded them we would have considered you a martyr. And you know what happens to martyrs? they get hell virgins to play with when they die.

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

The Scooter Guy

#1327 Post by The Scooter Guy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Hooligan wrote:
RayRichards wrote:

Ray.
Indeed! bloody hell scooter guy.
if you uploaded them we would have considered you a martyr. And you know what happens to martyrs? they get hell virgins to play with when they die.
Veolia delivers the wheelie bins full of paper from the businesses, as well as the metal bins for the shredded paper.
Unfortunately, supervisor orders permitted that on NO account I should take any recycling stuff from the wheelie bins home, regardless of age because it contains personal information for instance... :(
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Aidan

#1328 Post by Aidan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:18 pm

RayRichards wrote:Why was the CiryWest part still not double track? Did TransAdelaide do it to be special again??
It wasn't TransAdelaide doing it, it was DTEI.
Tonsley213 wrote:it is the ACC that won't allow it to be duplicated. Not TA.
Have you got any evidence the ACC won't allow it to be duplicated? I thought it was just that nobody was willing to pay for it yet!
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1329 Post by Norman » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:48 am

Something to do with the Convention Centre right turn lane having to be preserved.

Tonsley213
High Rise Poster!

#1330 Post by Tonsley213 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:47 am

The convetion centre owner wants it duplicated but also wants his turning lane.

I think the info is form rail sa.

Alyx
High Rise Poster!

#1331 Post by Alyx » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:00 am

Eagle Eye wrote:With regards to the single-line running at the Convention Centre - the owner of the Centre has plenty of money and he is happy for the line to be duplicated through there - with a hook turn occuring at those traffic lights for right-turning and U-turning motorists. Obviously TA has been in favour since day one. The only problem is the Adelaide City Council. There are 4 trees on the road where the right-turn lane would be, on the left side of the road. The council won't touch these 4 trees, despite knocking over dozens or even hundreds of others over the course of the 2 extensions.
From http://www.railsa.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 932#p49932.

bay transit
High Rise Poster!

#1332 Post by bay transit » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:25 pm

Today as I had an appointment in the City I used the tram(Flexity 110) from Brighton Road to Rundle Mall.Good trip and heavy loadings -still arrived 5 mins late.On return in the afternoon caught Citadis 204 a very smooth ride,seemed a lot of people didn't validate tickets-in fact the first time I saw the conductor was just after stop 12.Loadings were very heavy and we stopped at every stop.Despite leaving City West on time we were 8 minutes late arriving at the Bay.
Fortunately the new timetables have a lot more running time and considerably more layover time at each terminus(on most trips).
One thing i found very disapointing was the lack of publicity on the trams,tram stops and Adelaide Metro City(cnr Currie and King William Sts.)about the new timetable starting next Monday.Apart from signs at Adelaide Metro promoting the new Park'n'Ride at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre(and brochures) nothing else about the new timetable.
I believe it is just as well we are getting another 4 Flexities later this year or earlier next year as they will be needed.I think when they arrive the Government should provide sufficient funds to Trans Adelaide to increase the Entertainment Centre service to Glenelg,and the West Terrace to South Terrace shuttle to 10 minutes each(weekdays-off peak).

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1333 Post by Will » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:38 am

From the Portside Messenger:
Semaphore tramline plea
newsLocal News17 Mar 10 @ 02:00pm by Heather Kennett

THE fate of the proposed Semaphore tramline may hang on the result of the March 20 State Election with all candidates endorsing the project except for Liberal candidate Sue Gow and Independent Joe Rossi.

Semaphore traders and the Port-Enfield Council have backed the tramline extension, which was announced by the State government in 2008 but is not expected to start until 2018.

The Semaphore Mainstreet Association said it was “exceptionally important” to get the trams to come to the coastal shopping and cafe strip.

“The traders, and indeed the residents, are looking forward to it,” SMA chair Jo Hemmings said.

“So we’d be really devastated and would hope the Liberal Party will reconsider any plan to scrap the project.”

Port-Enfield Mayor Gary Johanson said the tram was an important element of the Semaphore and Port Adelaide’s potential revitalisation.

“The trams will add colour and vitality to the area and will complement the regeneration of the main shopping strip,” he said.

Mr Johanson said if the Labor Government was re-elected he would lobby to have the project fast-tracked.

“With the project so far away there is a lot of opportunity for it to get de-railed ... it would be very wise of the government to accelerate it to a date earlier than 2018.”

Liberal transport spokesman David Ridgeway refused to endorse the tram extension to Semaphore and suggested the Labor Government was also not fully committed to the project.

“People need to understand while the current government has talked about it there is no money allocated in the budget at all for this project,” he said.

“They’ve talked about the project which is significantly outside forward estimates to give the impression they are doing more than they actually are.

“It’s one of these promises that’s out there but there’s no financial commitment to do it it’s not on their immediate agenda.”

A spokesman for Transport Minister Pat Conlon said no money had been allocated for the extension.

“There has been some preliminary planning done but nothing which has been finalised or ready to go out to public consultation,” spokesman Sam Ion said.

Mr Ion refused to speculate on whether a Labor government would fast-track the tram extension.

In a later emailed statement, Mr Conlon said if Labor was re-elected “there will be a tram down Semaphore Rd”.

skyliner

#1334 Post by skyliner » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:42 am

The more time delays the less likely - esp. with possible gov't changes.Too many extenuating factors. As the article says - bring the timeframe forward.

SA - STATE ON THE MOVE
Jack.

Waewick

#1335 Post by Waewick » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:41 pm

I love the end but

"Ithe labor are elected there will be a tram down semaphore road"

Given the fact that both parties have stated there is no money for the project and its a plan I fail to see why that last bit is even included.

If labor are elected - when ? this election or the next one allowing you to get the project done in 2018?