other sites for a new stadium?

Ideas and concepts of what Adelaide can be.
jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

Re: other sites for a new stadium?

#16 Post by jimmy_2486 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:37 pm

Oh you poor baby!!

There are some nice unspoilt places u can buy land, like KI!!

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#17 Post by Cruise » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:13 am

Bulldozer wrote:
Cruise wrote:yes that is just a copy paste of football park but you get the idea
That's a great idea though because it gives a good estimate of how much space is needed for a 60,000 or so seat facility. You can even rotate it to fit in those hard to reach spaces. :)
i actually had no idea how much room a stadium took up until i did that (i was surprised by how much!!!). It was quite a learning curve.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#18 Post by rev » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:39 pm

utaussiefan wrote:Since I Live Extremely close to Vic Park there is no way I would let this Happen
I don't think you would be able to stop it, as if such a proposal ever came about, I'm confident the government would declare it a major project.

And I don't see why people are so against the parkland's being utilised for a new, modern stadium? What are the majority of the parkland's used for at the moment?
So much water, even if it is bore water, is being wasted watering them, and for what? So a few hundred nimby's can go around telling their poshy snob mates interstate that Adelaide is surrounded by "luscious green" parkland's and their city aint?
Watching paint dry is more exciting then our parkland's.

Oh noez, our precious parkland's might be put to good use, heaven forbid we lose that marvellous dead grass in the middle.

:roll:

.::G!oRgOs::.
Gold-Member ;)

#19 Post by .::G!oRgOs::. » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:08 pm

Luscious green? Try eerie, baron and dry.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#20 Post by bm7500 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:40 pm

I think the best location for a new stadium is at Gepps X. It makes sense to have it in the same location as the Hockey Stadium and the Velodrome. Its not that far from the city but has plenty of access from Main North Road, Bridge Road & Grand Junction Road for smoother traffic dispersal. Also the train line that once ran through here could possibly be re-intsated with the line feed into the sports park area. Plenty of room for a bus interchange also.

ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#21 Post by jimmy_2486 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:26 pm

Yeah then after the footy game we could go around the corner to.........................??

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#22 Post by Shuz » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:58 pm

Thats just another West Lakes saga in the making. Terrible idea.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#23 Post by bm7500 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:08 pm

jimmy_2486 wrote:Yeah then after the footy game we could go around the corner to.........................??
You build a new venue like that and the entertainment precinct comes with it! Look at Docklands for example!!
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#24 Post by bm7500 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:09 pm

momentkiller wrote:Thats just another West Lakes saga in the making. Terrible idea.

Why would it be a terrible idea??????

If you are going to have a crack at someones idea, at least provide some reasoning for it!

ReallyBad
High Rise Poster!

#25 Post by ReallyBad » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:06 am

I think we can fit it at Keswick - with saving the heritage buildings. It will mean enclosing/tunnelising the rail but it can all be integrated with the showgrounds.

Oh yeah and the loss of LeCornu as well.

Studied Civil Engineering - graduated 1995 - now working in IT.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#26 Post by Shuz » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:30 am

bm7500 wrote:
momentkiller wrote:Thats just another West Lakes saga in the making. Terrible idea.

If you are going to have a crack at someones idea, at least provide some reasoning for it!
The 'West Lakes saga' IS the reasoning.

That place is in the middle of suburbia. No good PT, its at least 15km from the city, and traffic would be just as a nightmare as is the situation now.

That my friend, is the problems with our stadium, right where it is now. Minus the stupid shopping mall next to it, and the run-down facilities.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#27 Post by bm7500 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:01 pm

momentkiller wrote:
bm7500 wrote:

The 'West Lakes saga' IS the reasoning.

That place is in the middle of suburbia. No good PT, its at least 15km from the city, and traffic would be just as a nightmare as is the situation now.

That my friend, is the problems with our stadium, right where it is now. Minus the stupid shopping mall next to it, and the run-down facilities.
Firstly, why does a new Stadium have to be in the city?? You don't honestly think that having a stadium in the city would create less traffic congestion than Gepps Cross which is basically a commercial / industrial area?? There is a huge amount of room for parking and you said it yourself, no shopping centre next door to contend with.

Secondly, Gepps Cross is approx 11 Km's from the city not "..at least 15km.." as you quoted. As far as the PT goes, if you read my original post i gave some pretty clear ideas on public transport for the site.

This idea was merely my suggestion for a new stadium site and i have posted it in a thread which is encouraging just that. If you don't like the idea, thats your choice but don't slag it off unless you have the correct facts to back up your argument.

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#28 Post by jimmy_2486 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:34 pm

bm7500 wrote:
jimmy_2486 wrote:Yeah then after the footy game we could go around the corner to.........................??
You build a new venue like that and the entertainment precinct comes with it! Look at Docklands for example!!
yeah but I got news for u buddy....they didn't build docklands out in woop woop!! they built it basically in the city!! Mawson lakes is struggling to get any nightlife besides the granny's getting their duck ponds, so this place has buckleys chance.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#29 Post by Cruise » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:50 pm

murray bridge

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#30 Post by AG » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:44 pm

I think the Gepps Cross idea is plausible. There were many doubters when Telstra Stadium in Sydney (then called Stadium Australia) was constructed for the 2000 Olympics on the empty site in Homebush Bay. They featured it as part of a complex of several sporting arenas linked with a new suburban area (called Newington AFAIK), as well as joining the area up to the rest of the city by constructing the new Olympic Park rail extension from the main Inner West line. The Olympic Park area now has a whole heap of new office and residential development occurring now.