[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
slenderman
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#3901 Post by slenderman » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:10 pm

It might be a small thing, but does anyone know what happened to that fountain that was outside the old Chappell Stand? Is it still there? Was it removed and will be it be put back in? Was it moved somewhere else? It was a nice touch, although it wouldn't look as nice in a sea of concrete. Has anyone else mentioned this before?

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#3902 Post by Brucetiki » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:53 pm

slenderman wrote:It might be a small thing, but does anyone know what happened to that fountain that was outside the old Chappell Stand? Is it still there? Was it removed and will be it be put back in? Was it moved somewhere else? It was a nice touch, although it wouldn't look as nice in a sea of concrete. Has anyone else mentioned this before?
I believe it will be restored when Cresswell Gardens will be restored later in the year.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3903 Post by cruel_world00 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:28 pm

Quick pic from last night. Can't wait for the Stones/Showdown.

http://instagram.com/p/loDUp6zWuc/

f1_power
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#3904 Post by f1_power » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:39 pm

Pic from flight in this morning

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3905 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:07 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
slenderman wrote:It might be a small thing, but does anyone know what happened to that fountain that was outside the old Chappell Stand? Is it still there? Was it removed and will be it be put back in? Was it moved somewhere else? It was a nice touch, although it wouldn't look as nice in a sea of concrete. Has anyone else mentioned this before?
I believe it will be restored when Cresswell Gardens will be restored later in the year.
I also believe the fountain currently in Rundle Mall outside Adelaide Arcade will also be relocated to Cresswell Gardens. Both fountains were originally a part of the (now demolished) Exhibition building on North Tce where the Adelaide Uni Law Building amd plaza is. Glad to see they will be reunited.

Patrick_27

#3906 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:12 pm

robboaustralia wrote:Quite alot of workers working outside the ground on the eastern side today. Laying pipes in trenches and alot of levelling and clearing.

Oh c'mon! More bloody Plane trees... Enough already! Just because they grown quickly shouldn't mean we plant them everywhere...

obituary resider
High Rise Poster!

#3907 Post by obituary resider » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:28 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
robboaustralia wrote:Quite alot of workers working outside the ground on the eastern side today. Laying pipes in trenches and alot of levelling and clearing.

Oh c'mon! More bloody Plane trees... Enough already! Just because they grown quickly shouldn't mean we plant them everywhere...
+1

I don't mean to start another tree debate but I think the gum trees on the River Torrens side of the stadium look fantastic and provide such a strong sense of local identity. I suppose that can only ever be a personal opinion though, not a fact.

Matt
Legendary Member!

#3908 Post by Matt » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:26 am

Toured the place yesterday and blown away.

LED and super screens were being tested and look magnificent. Really spectacular.

Sad to hear of Mick Jagger's news. Assume the concert is unlikely to go ahead which is a massive pity.

mattblack
Legendary Member!

#3909 Post by mattblack » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:39 am

The one in the mall is going to be restored and kept there. They were going to move it to Creswell Gdns but a petition from Adelaide Arcade to keep the fountain where it is in the mall was successful. Maybe they'll move the cockroach to the front of the stadium, now that would be awsome :wink:

SRJ
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#3910 Post by SRJ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:47 pm

I am new to this Forum. Just joined today. I love the Oval and the bridge. Does anyone know if they are going to build cafe's and Bar's along the torrens similar to Southbank in Melbourne? that would be great if that happened.

rhino

#3911 Post by rhino » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:36 pm

SRJ wrote:I am new to this Forum. Just joined today. I love the Oval and the bridge. Does anyone know if they are going to build cafe's and Bar's along the torrens similar to Southbank in Melbourne? that would be great if that happened.
Cafe's what? And Bar's what? Oh, you mean cafes and bars.

But seriously, welcome to the boards, SRJ :D
cheers,
Rhino

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3912 Post by monotonehell » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:10 pm

rhino wrote:
SRJ wrote:I am new to this Forum. Just joined today. I love the Oval and the bridge. Does anyone know if they are going to build cafe's and Bar's along the torrens similar to Southbank in Melbourne? that would be great if that happened.
Cafe's what? And Bar's what? Oh, you mean cafes and bars.

But seriously, welcome to the boards, SRJ :D
While we are being pedantic; it could have been cafés... but never bar's.

Welcome SRJ, there's been talk about this kind of thing. But nothing official has eventuated. The biggest problem there would be that there would not be enough foot traffic 99% of the time to keep a business alive. That is unless we can get some proper, around the clock, mixed use development and improve access somewhat.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

ChillyPhilly

#3913 Post by ChillyPhilly » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:11 pm

As it stands the most likely new bars and cafes will be located around the Festival Centre. I wouldn't expect much more new venues until the SkyCity upgrade and new hotel or whatever it is they want to build is underway or at least partially complete. Following that it's highly likely foot traffic will explore west and open up further investment opportunities there.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

joshyboy
Gold-Member ;)

#3914 Post by joshyboy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:32 am

The excitement this Tweet caused me would be considered sad anywhere but here and one or two other forums about AO:
:banana: :applause: :cheers: :mrgreen:

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#3915 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:39 pm

Channel 9 really clutching at straws now

- Some unfounded claim that there may be insufficient phone coverage in the area (based on a false claim of problems at the cricket - there were no problems at all during the BBL)
- The non-weatherproofing of the Western Stand (that's what several weeks old, and will be fixed in the next few weeks anyway)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1po4INXV67A

This is really embarrassing by Channel Nein