[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Pistol
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

#4246 Post by Pistol » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:48 am

I find it funny that in the 'sports' section they named the AFL and cricket teams but didn't name the actual team that Liverpool FC is over here to play.

Wait, Adelaidenow probably doesn't know themselves...
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!

#4247 Post by Honey of a City » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:23 am

Any new developments in the Adelaide Oval redevelopment folks? That's what I though this thread was about. Noticed the landscaping of the parklands at the northern end is close to completion. Massive amount of paving for car parking, but not a bad look overall.

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4248 Post by Patrick_27 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:23 pm

Honey of a City wrote:Any new developments in the Adelaide Oval redevelopment folks? That's what I though this thread was about. Noticed the landscaping of the parklands at the northern end is close to completion. Massive amount of paving for car parking, but not a bad look overall.
I completely agree. Considering I've recently been criticised for going off topic on certain threads by people talking on this thread, and whilst I recognise this article stinks, it's not at all relevant to this thread, it belongs in the pub.

Does anyone have any photos of the Northern development of the oval?

Llessur2002

#4249 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:30 am

Only this crap one taken from light's Vision about a week ago. The sun was on the screen and I couldn't for the life of me see what I was taking a picture of...

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4250 Post by Wayno » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:35 am

A series of photos starting near the east gate and going around the grounds perimeter towards Colonel Light. Then looping back towards the east gate close to the oval.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Honey of a City
High Rise Poster!

#4251 Post by Honey of a City » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:30 pm

Thanks for the photos Wayno and LLessur2002. It's taken a long time to get this bit done - about 16 months from the official opening of the Oval. Looking good though and looking forward to entering the ground from the northern end without being up to the ankles in mud. Any news on the other statues that are to be placed around the perimeter apron? So far only the Barrie Robran one is up I think.

Patrick_27

#4252 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:09 pm

Great photos, guys! For the most part it looks pretty good, can't understand how that took so long to complete...

My only bone to pick with the area is the car-park, why is it so damn big? And why bitumen? Surely they could have picked something that doesn't look so harsh on the area? Particularly considering it's replacing a substantial chunk of grass area.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4253 Post by Wayno » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:52 am

Patrick_27 wrote:My only bone to pick with the area is the car-park, why is it so damn big? And why bitumen? Surely they could have picked something that doesn't look so harsh on the area? Particularly considering it's replacing a substantial chunk of grass area.
I know what you mean, but I sometimes enter the ground (i'm a SACA member) through this entrance and it's a congregation point. A sizeable solid surface is good from that perspective. Paving would have been nicer...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#4254 Post by Kasey771 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:57 am

Patrick_27 wrote:Great photos, guys! For the most part it looks pretty good, can't understand how that took so long to complete...

My only bone to pick with the area is the car-park, why is it so damn big? And why bitumen? Surely they could have picked something that doesn't look so harsh on the area? Particularly considering it's replacing a substantial chunk of grass area.
Bitumen looks like it was the cheap and easy option, perhaps they were running short of time and funds?? I think paving might have looked better in the area. Or even that concrete with the finish that mimics pavers??
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

Nathan

#4255 Post by Nathan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:59 am

Do we really want another set of pavers for the Advertiser to whine over?

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#4256 Post by Kasey771 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:05 am

Nathan wrote:Do we really want another set of pavers for the Advertiser to whine over?
Thank you for the morning chortle :applause: :applause: :cheers:
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

[Shuz]

#4257 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:27 am

I know of these really good quality Chinese pavers which ought to do just the trick.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4258 Post by Ben » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:57 pm

Kasey771 wrote:
rhino wrote:
Waewick wrote: Its satire ffs.

Getting offended by that article is way more pathetic than the article itself.

Whats more pathetic is getting offended becuase someone else might get offended.
Would it not offend you to read an alternate piece in the Liverpool news if you were over there watching LFC play Adelaide United in Liverpool?
Out of curiosity, I'm interested to read the response from the Liverpool Echo;)
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/new ... de-9672675

sigh

Waewick

#4259 Post by Waewick » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:00 pm

Ben wrote:
Kasey771 wrote:
rhino wrote: Would it not offend you to read an alternate piece in the Liverpool news if you were over there watching LFC play Adelaide United in Liverpool?
Out of curiosity, I'm interested to read the response from the Liverpool Echo;)
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/new ... de-9672675

sigh
What's wrong with that? It's fine light hearted and appropriate.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4260 Post by Ben » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:08 pm

Yes I agree with nearly all of it. I just don't like them reinforcing the negative stereotype Adelaide is boring. Nothing happens here etc etc.