[COM] 115 King William Street | 91m | 26lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Shuz
Banned
Banned

[COM] Re: #Proposed : 115 King William Street - 24 lvl - 90m

#46 Post by Shuz » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:37 pm

Seriously, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high on this one. There has always been a lack of quality information with this proposal, and probably will end up redundant.

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#47 Post by Ho Really » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:08 am

Wouldn't a quick call to Pascot solve the issue? Aren't they the developers of this proposed building?

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#48 Post by Cruise » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:17 am

From SSC:
by minale01
sorry guys, my mistake, only initial drawings have been approved this week.

if approved construction of a scaled down 16million $ development, 16 story from 24lv to start this time next year.

Ho Really

#49 Post by Ho Really » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:02 am

Cruise Control wrote:From SSC:
by minale01
sorry guys, my mistake, only initial drawings have been approved this week.

if approved construction of a scaled down 16million $ development, 16 story from 24lv to start this time next year.
That's more like it, now it sounds truthful, however that's disappointing news!. Why do we have to get these small plots in Adelaide. Would be nice if Pascot and the owner of the building on the corner of Waymouth and King William got together in a joint venture and built a nice 100metre 24 storey tower. On Pascot's website there's mention of joint ventures. Now that would be good.

Cheers

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#50 Post by Ben » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:15 pm

The new render:

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

#51 Post by Snorkie » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:23 pm

Ben wrote:The new render:

Looks like its down to about 60m now, cause the Adam internet building next to it is 48m or 49m. All these scaled back projects are really starting to piss me off now. It does however, look much nicer than the previous proposal.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#52 Post by Will » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:30 pm

Actually this new proposal may only be around the 50m mark. The Adam Internet Building is 49m, but that is to the top of the plant room, which is not visible in the render. In the render we can see to the top of roof of the Adam Internet Building, which is around 44m.

Regarding this development, I have nothing to say except that I am bitterly disappointed. At this rate our skyline will look pretty much the same in 10 years time, because lets face it, people do not pay attention to 50m buildings.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#53 Post by Ben » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:36 pm

It's about 64m and 16 Stories.

I don't like the monstrosity of the blank Northern Wall. Eastern side looks nice and modern though the taller version, given it's location, is much more preferred.

skyliner

[COM] Re: #Proposed : 115 King William Street - 16 lvl - 64m

#54 Post by skyliner » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:22 pm

Also bitterly disappointed. :( What's with all this dumbing down of so many buildings of late? Even the appearance is not as striking. :(

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member

#55 Post by Brando » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:31 pm

skyliner wrote:Also bitterly disappointed. :( What's with all this dumbing down of so many buildings of late? Even the appearance is not as striking. :(

I actually prefer the new render. For lack of a better word i think it looks more 'sophisticated'. Would prefer taller obviously, but...i'm still happy :D

Omicron

#56 Post by Omicron » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:28 pm

I would like to pick up this building and place it south of Victoria Square, or around Hindmarsh Square, or perhaps somewhere down Waymouth St. A 16 level, unassuming and unadventurous building such as this has no place in one of the last remaining development sites along the northern KWS corridor, especially seeing as it is one of the few areas with the most generous height restrictions of the CBD. Such prime sites need their potential maximised by those with the architectural and business ability to create dramatic buildings driven by strong tenants, not half-hearted efforts such as this. Put the half-hearted efforts in the zones with half-hearted height restrictions, not in these prime locations.

Blah.

Shuz
Banned
Banned

#57 Post by Shuz » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Omicron wrote:I would like to pick up this building and place it south of Victoria Square, or around Hindmarsh Square, or perhaps somewhere down Waymouth St. A 16 level, unassuming and unadventurous building such as this has no place in one of the last remaining development sites along the northern KWS corridor, especially seeing as it is one of the few areas with the most generous height restrictions of the CBD. Such prime sites need their potential maximised by those with the architectural and business ability to create dramatic buildings driven by strong tenants, not half-hearted efforts such as this. Put the half-hearted efforts in the zones with half-hearted height restrictions, not in these prime locations.

Blah.
I definetly agree, developers in this city should always try and make it in their best interests to develop as tall as possible wherever practical.
Oppurtunities like these rarely come around, and with such a damningly stringient city council I would also believe that building as high as possible would encourage height restrictions to be lifted furthermore.

Ho Really

#58 Post by Ho Really » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Omicron wrote:...A 16 level, unassuming and unadventurous building such as this has no place in one of the last remaining development sites along the northern KWS corridor, especially seeing as it is one of the few areas with the most generous height restrictions of the CBD...
Seriously, how could a decent looking building be built on such a small plot? The developer had no option but to scale down the original 105m design. If the Adam Internet building were part of the development, then you could say a 100m+ tower (even if it shadowed CC2) should be built. There needs to be bigger plots (allotments) for any decent sized building in this area. Unfortunately too many smaller ones are owned by different people. I guess if Prescot owned one further down KWS they would have thought of it. Pity.

Cheers

skyliner

#59 Post by skyliner » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:01 pm

Shuz wrote:
Omicron wrote:I would like to pick up this building and place it south of Victoria Square, or around Hindmarsh Square, or perhaps somewhere down Waymouth St. A 16 level, unassuming and unadventurous building such as this has no place in one of the last remaining development sites along the northern KWS corridor, especially seeing as it is one of the few areas with the most generous height restrictions of the CBD. Such prime sites need their potential maximised by those with the architectural and business ability to create dramatic buildings driven by strong tenants, not half-hearted efforts such as this. Put the half-hearted efforts in the zones with half-hearted height restrictions, not in these prime locations.

Blah.
I definetly agree, developers in this city should always try and make it in their best interests to develop as tall as possible wherever practical.
Oppurtunities like these rarely come around, and with such a damningly stringient city council I would also believe that building as high as possible would encourage height restrictions to be lifted furthermore.
Agreed!The building would much better in any of the suggested locations.What will probably happen is KWS Sth. will get most of the development due to so many buildings there that are ready to 'take their leave'. Prime sites in the heart of the CBD need to be used effectively to promote the city as well.

Jack.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#60 Post by Edgar » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:24 am

Utter disappointments. Down from 90m, what a shame. Well if this proposal goes through, this short building is there to contribute nothing to our skyline for the next 30-40 years.
Visit my website at http://www.edgarchieng.com for more photos of Adelaide and South Australia.