On Dit: University of Adelaide Student Newspaper

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

On Dit: University of Adelaide Student Newspaper

#1 Post by cruel_world00 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:48 pm

Hey...just thought I would put it out there that if you guys ever wanted to get a rant or article published in On Dit at the University of Adelaide, I am sure I could get it published.

On Dit is printed fornightly during the Uni term and about 3000 copies are printed every edition.

The reason I am saying this in case someone wanted to write an article about the lack of young people involved with the ACC or giving this site publicity because I am sure there are probably young South Australians out there who just don't know what outlets there are for their creativity or pro-development ideas.

On Dit is also distributed to UniSA so I'm sure if any of the architecture students see it they might feel compelled to get more involved with this site.

Just an idea.

Let me know if anyone is keen.

Cheers.

Hippodamus
High Rise Poster!

Re: On Dit: University of Adelaide Student Newspaper

#2 Post by Hippodamus » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:15 pm

i believe it is a fantastic idea, and what better way to entice young creative people than the Universities (should also be vetted to Flinders and UniSA - considering UniSA has the planning course).

however, apart from being a great place to vet frustrations and spur creativity and ideas... where to from then..? Perhaps a workshop session would be useful with possibly organising a Panel, where formal invitations are sent to ACC and State Government employees, Ministers and politicians to attend. Maybe it would even hit the Advertiser... exposure!! and at best case, someone 'up there' will listen and may have a great incentive or proposition...

ambitious but without action, we are those people we hate in Adelaide... this should be a doers site, not just a whingers...

my thoughts.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3 Post by cruel_world00 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:19 pm

My main point was to have people submit me articles that they wanted to do, feature stories etc that I could set aside for publishing and also you could gain wider knowledge of this website by the right people...the up and coming young adults from Universities.

If anyone has written pro development articles, well researched articles about why the ACC is useless, or maybe if you just want to send letters to the editor randomly and then plug this web site... all of the above I am quite passionate about and would have no problems with getting the right people to allow them to be printed.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by Howie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:20 pm

Sounds like a great idea, On Dit's a great publication I always pick up a copy when I pass through. How about getting some coverage on the Planning for a better Adelaide document we're putting together when it's finalised next week?

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#5 Post by cruel_world00 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:59 pm

Howie wrote:Sounds like a great idea, On Dit's a great publication I always pick up a copy when I pass through. How about getting some coverage on the Planning for a better Adelaide document we're putting together when it's finalised next week?

We would need an angle, which is why I was saying if someone could write a feature piece of the state of development in SA or a critical piece on the lack of youth on ACC or something like that... our next deadline is april 21 so you have while to put something together, although it falls after the submission I think......I just think it would be a good idea for an article to be written that you could also tie in the element of this website and what it does?

If anyone has any ideas they can PM me or just reply in here, maybe work out the best way to go about it....

Just a quick thought...our next edition's theme is "fanatic" so the fact that this site is 'fanatically' pro-development or something along those lines could work BUT it doesn't always have to tie into the theme either...

I would be keen to see if anyone had anything they were interested in getting off the ground

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#6 Post by Wayno » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:45 am

At a minimum we should include a short article/promotion for the S-A website. Maybe the publishers will be happy for it to appear in EVERY edition going forward. That would be so cool!
SensationalADELAIDE Needs You!
Are you a positive and constructive thinker? Hate people who whinge but do nothing to change the status quo? Want to learn more about what's happening and help to improve Adelaide and South Australia?

Join us and help us make a difference!
logo.JPG
logo.JPG (4.53 KiB) Viewed 3831 times
http://www.sensationaladelaide.com/aboutus
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#7 Post by cruel_world00 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:56 am

Well I'd definitely be keen for some kind of article to be written for this edition because like I said, the theme is "fanatics" so pretty much anything from being obsessed with troll dolls, to stalking people to be pro-development in SA could be covered!

Or if you want to do something really simple such as send a letter to the editor stating the website's position and include a banner and a plug for the website you can do that by sending it to:

[email protected]

Up to you guys...the deadline for the next edition is april 21st.

Hoops
Donating Member
Donating Member

#8 Post by Hoops » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:12 am

cruel_world00 wrote:Well I'd definitely be keen for some kind of article to be written for this edition because like I said, the theme is "fanatics" so pretty much anything from being obsessed with troll dolls, to stalking people to be pro-development in SA could be covered!

Or if you want to do something really simple such as send a letter to the editor stating the website's position and include a banner and a plug for the website you can do that by sending it to:

[email protected]

Up to you guys...the deadline for the next edition is april 21st.
I'm a Fanatical stalker of Troll Dolls that are Pro Development.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#9 Post by cruel_world00 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:15 am

Wayno wrote:At a minimum we should include a short article/promotion for the S-A website. Maybe the publishers will be happy for it to appear in EVERY edition going forward. That would be so cool!
Are you a positive and constructive thinker? Hate people who whinge but do nothing to change the status quo? Want to learn more about what's happening and help to improve Adelaide and South Australia?

logo.JPG

I'll try and get this in the next edition at the least...but seriously, any avid journos out there wanting to write articles criticising the ACC, pushing pro development (although not just for developments sake)...pushing interesting architecture etc....just let me know or email [email protected].

Cheers

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#10 Post by Wayno » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:53 pm

appreciate your efforts here cruel_world00!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#11 Post by cruel_world00 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:06 pm

Wayno wrote:At a minimum we should include a short article/promotion for the S-A website. Maybe the publishers will be happy for it to appear in EVERY edition going forward. That would be so cool!

logo.JPG

Alright kiddos,

the deadline for getting any kind of article in was today... noone sent anything or suggested anything of substance, but what I will do for this edition is place what is quoted in the letters page or somewhere... do my bit for a worthy cause... any time you have a suggestion of something that could go in On Dit, let me know and I'll do my best!

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#12 Post by monotonehell » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:13 am

On Dit pfft that reactionary, pinko lefty, lesbian, dope smoking rag? Everyone knows that Entropy is where it's at.
Okay that's my UniSA v UniAdel obligation fulfilled. ;)

CruelWorld, are you on the editorial team at OnDit or a contributor?
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#13 Post by cruel_world00 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:44 am

monotonehell wrote:On Dit pfft that reactionary, pinko lefty, lesbian, dope smoking rag? Everyone knows that Entropy is where it's at.
Okay that's my UniSA v UniAdel obligation fulfilled. ;)

CruelWorld, are you on the editorial team at OnDit or a contributor?

Editorial team.

By the way, Entropy...ugh... what a bland piece of UniSA propaganda. On Dit > Entropy

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#14 Post by Norman » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:07 am

Go Flinders Uni Student Magazine* :lol:

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#15 Post by SRW » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:15 pm

Norman wrote:Go Flinders Uni Student Magazine* :lol:
I miss Empire Times. All we have now is a quarterly. I wonder if they've found a name for this new one yet...I'll see if I can find out from my friends on the council.
Keep Adelaide Weird