[CAN] [The Precinct] | 58m | 5 x 18lvls | Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Thunderstruck
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#61 Post by Thunderstruck » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:34 pm

This one sure is flying along!! I go past there about once a week and everytime I see it there has been so much progress. Good to see, can't wait for construction on the towers to start....or is it already? Seems to be all the way to Grote St frontage.

And totally agree re Keswick, it SURELY MUST be the next planned for an upgrade or total major re-development.
"He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards" - Pratchett

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[CAN]

#62 Post by crawf » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:56 pm

Oh dont get me started on Keswick :evil:

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#63 Post by AtD » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:26 pm

Re: Keswick, Adelaide only gets three interstate passenger services, so I don't think there'd be much of a point, unless the state government reinstated the country services.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[CAN]

#64 Post by crawf » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:28 am

It would be good if they did reinstated the country services to like Murray Bridge, Mount Gambier, Broken Hill, Kadina, Victor Harbor, Barossa Valley and Whyalla.

But the chances of it surviving would be nill, as more & more people are deciding to fly instead of using the country bus service which is dying.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[CAN]

#65 Post by crawf » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:58 am

of the topic, but the Baby store opposite Trustcotts, is now vacant - anyone know anymore about this??

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[CAN]

#66 Post by crawf » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:15 pm

Plus with the proposed Central Market Redevelopment :D

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#67 Post by AG » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:07 am

Latest $500m city showpieceRHIANNON HOYLE REAL ESTATE EDITOR
March 24, 2007 12:00am
Article from: Font size: + -
Send this article: Print Email
CONSTRUCTION will begin before the end of the year on a seven-storey apartment complex on Morphett St in the city.

Plans unveiled exclusively to The Advertiser reveal the contemporary building, which will be the first residential stage in the $500 million The Precinct project on the old Balfours site, will include 126 one and two-bedroom homes.
The complex, to be known as The Gallery, also features six street-level, two-storey "Soho" apartments, with office accommodation on Morphett St and living space upstairs.

A further stage in the project will include a multi-million dollar "rec deck", a recreational district, boasting a bowling alley, 20-person DVD cinema, bar, library, squash court, Tai Chi deck and Zen Garden.

There also will be an indoor and outdoor pool, spa, sauna and gymnasium. The project is a joint venture between Urban Construct and Multiplex Living.

Spokesman Todd Brown said registrations of interest would be taken for homes in The Gallery. Prices start in the $200,000 range but no firm price guide yet has been decided.

Mr Brown expected the building to be completed in early 2009. "This is a landmark development that will be a major catalyst for residential stimulation of the south-west sector of Adelaide," he said. "The Precinct will be unlike anything else in the CBD. It has been designed to be entirely in sync with social trends, both inside and out."The Precinct is one of the biggest projects undertaken in the city and will include 1300 new dwellings, including 360 student accommodation beds.

Stage one involves the construction of a new city bus terminal on Franklin St.

This is on schedule to be completed by September.

So this is the first of the residential buildings going up on the perimeter of the Morphett Street site. I wonder how long before they get to the other buildings.

shuza
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#68 Post by shuza » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:45 am

Im confused, aren't the towers supposed to be 19 levels? Or is this a completely different aspect of the project?

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#69 Post by AG » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:52 am

shuza wrote:Im confused, aren't the towers supposed to be 19 levels? Or is this a completely different aspect of the project?
This is only one of the buildings in the project. The towers are to be located away from the street behind these perimeter apartment blocks fronting Morphett and Franklin Streets.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[CAN]

#70 Post by crawf » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:31 pm

great stuff, that part of the CBD will be the place to be in the not to distance future. :D

Could someone please scan the render from todays tiser, thanks

Mants
Legendary Member!

[CAN]

#71 Post by Mants » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:10 pm

this entire development will look pretty huge from the SE freeway. i saw the render in the paper, it looked pretty good.

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[CAN]

#72 Post by Algernon » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:55 pm

UrbanSG wrote:Image

I think the new render is a lot different from the original which is great. Hopefully this means most of the apartment stages will be different in their design to get a bit of variation and reduce the 'commo' appearance of the 1st concepts. At least this one has a high chance of going ahead. One thing Urban Construct does is actually build their apartments unlike other developers, who knows if Bentham will ever get up. I know Urban Construct has a few issues with their dealings but at least their apartments go ahead. Once the bus station is finished we will start getting through more renders for that site as well I would think.
Dare I say cars will have a lot of trouble stopping on that glazed road surface :lol:

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#73 Post by Snorkie » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:31 pm

Looks good, however what this means is that the towers are quite a way away yet... One thing I dont understand is why they would start building apartment on that site first. Once The new bus dpot is complete wouldnt it make sense to demolish the old one, and start there, rather than jumping all over the place. Dont know why anyone hasnt scanned renders of the interiors, but i must say they looked good, and with prices starting from $200k, I think they will go in no time.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#74 Post by UrbanSG » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:48 pm

Snorkie this overall development is huge and was always slated to take years. 7-10 years infact. Urban Construct generally move quickly. Look at the Pt Adelaide waterfront. Already on subsequent stages thanks to strong sales. I think once this gets rolling, stages will keep comming on line. Hopefully anyway.

They are starting here because the land is sitting doing nothing. Whilst they have to wait until the bus station is completed and then demolish the old one to start on the other site, it will take a fair while.

Also, scanning takes time and the interiors were good but not worth the effort, maybe someone else can be stuffed!

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[CAN]

#75 Post by crawf » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:47 pm

Thanks UrbanSG, that looks better than the original concept. That whole area is going to look and feel so much different in a decades time.