News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Message
Author
User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 320 times
Contact:

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1201 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:47 am

The most immediate fix is to put Marion Road in a trench under ANZAC Highway, the tramline and Cross Road - killing three birds with one stone.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1202 Post by SBD » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:32 am

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:47 am
The most immediate fix is to put Marion Road in a trench under ANZAC Highway, the tramline and Cross Road - killing three birds with one stone.
Will finishing the North-South Motorway draw traffic off of Marion Road that has moved over there to avoid the roadworks and incomplete bits?

I imagine that completing the main through route is more important to do first than upgrading a parallel road a few kilometres west.

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 320 times
Contact:

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1203 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:04 pm

SBD wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:32 am
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:47 am
The most immediate fix is to put Marion Road in a trench under ANZAC Highway, the tramline and Cross Road - killing three birds with one stone.
Will finishing the North-South Motorway draw traffic off of Marion Road that has moved over there to avoid the roadworks and incomplete bits?

I imagine that completing the main through route is more important to do first than upgrading a parallel road a few kilometres west.
You'd hope that it will draw traffic away, but we both know that that is many years away.

I agree completely, but was saying that of all fixes (rather than painting some new lines at an intersection), this is the most immediate one that can make a permanent difference.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

User avatar
ginzahikari
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:31 am
Location: Marion
Has thanked: 7 times

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1204 Post by ginzahikari » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:35 pm

When did Greenhill Rd (outside of Ring Route) get a road number? I saw a sign saying B26 right before Portrush meets Greenhill. After looking it up on Location SA, I realise some other roads got new numbers:
B28 - Fullarton Rd (from Glen Osmond southwards), Old Belair Rd, James Rd, Upper Sturt Rd, Waverley Ridge Rd, Mt Lofty Summit Rd
B26 - Greenhill Rd (until Balhannah)
B27 - Magill Rd, Old Norton Summit Rd, Lobethal Rd, Mount Torrens Rd
Attachments
Screenshot 0031-06-24 at 18.26.08.png

OlympusAnt
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:31 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1205 Post by OlympusAnt » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:21 pm

There needs to be a bigger slip lane on the northbound side of Marion Rd at the intersection with Sir Donald Bradman Dr. There's always really bad queuing there.
Follow me on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/135625678@N06/

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 320 times
Contact:

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1206 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:16 pm

Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5636
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 756 times
Been thanked: 1342 times

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1207 Post by Norman » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:42 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:Not sure if this has been posted.

https://www.miragenews.com/infrastructu ... -adelaide/
It's just another re-announcement. I'm sure there will be many more re-announcements to come, to create the illusion that more is being done than there really is.

User avatar
1NEEDS2POST
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:01 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1208 Post by 1NEEDS2POST » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:34 am

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:16 pm
Not sure if this has been posted.

https://www.miragenews.com/infrastructu ... -adelaide/
Level crossing upgrades or level crossing removals?

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:01 pm
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1209 Post by adelaide transport » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:29 am

Upgrades only.

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 320 times
Contact:

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1210 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:47 am

adelaide transport wrote:Upgrades only.
That's the Liberal way, unfortunately. Torrens Road and Brighton Road looking like the only exceptions.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Eurostar
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 480
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1211 Post by Eurostar » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:48 am

And yet there is no plan announced to fix the Main North Road/Grand Junction Road/Port Wakefield Road intersection at Gepps Cross

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 320 times
Contact:

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1212 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:50 am

That's in their too hard basket.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1213 Post by SBD » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:15 am

Eurostar wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:48 am
And yet there is no plan announced to fix the Main North Road/Grand Junction Road/Port Wakefield Road intersection at Gepps Cross
The focus in the metro area has moved (both major parties) from efficient freight movement to commuter convenience. Is there a major problem (actual not just perceived) with that intersection compared to others? The Northern Connector and Regency to Pym projects might reduce some of the traffic through that intersection, it's hard to tell how much.

mawsonguy
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:11 am
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1214 Post by mawsonguy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:47 pm

The Industry Forward Work Plan 2019 has been updated https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 63rdqenKaX

Points of Interest:
  • Darlington is scheduled for completion at the end of 2020
  • Northern Connector works scheduled to finish last quarter 2019 (that's 4 months away - I think that they'll be pushing it)
  • Pym St\Regency Rd works start final quarter of 2019 and finish at end of 2021
  • No construction on remainder of North\South Motorway scheduled to commence during period from now to end 2021
  • There's a lot of intersection, level crossing and rural road upgrades in 2021 which might keep people employed until the Torrens to Darlington works start.

User avatar
ginzahikari
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:31 am
Location: Marion
Has thanked: 7 times

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1215 Post by ginzahikari » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:33 pm

mawsonguy wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:47 pm
The Industry Forward Work Plan 2019 has been updated https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 63rdqenKaX

Points of Interest:
  • Darlington is scheduled for completion at the end of 2020
  • Northern Connector works scheduled to finish last quarter 2019 (that's 4 months away - I think that they'll be pushing it)
  • Pym St\Regency Rd works start final quarter of 2019 and finish at end of 2021
  • No construction on remainder of North\South Motorway scheduled to commence during period from now to end 2021
  • There's a lot of intersection, level crossing and rural road upgrades in 2021 which might keep people employed until the Torrens to Darlington works start.
Also noticed that there are more than 2 pages worth of road projects, while there are only less than 10 PT projects listed...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bradj and 6 guests