News & Developments: Port Adelaide

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Port Adelaide | Developments & News

#441 Post by Llessur2002 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:32 pm

I like the corrugated iron bin shelter. It's the small touches that make all the difference.

Blimp
High Rise Poster!

#442 Post by Blimp » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:38 pm

My favorite part of the render is that all the people in it seem to forgotten where they've parked. :lol: :lol:

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#443 Post by I Follow PAFC » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:53 pm

Attachments
b.jpg
b.jpg (261.41 KiB) Viewed 3848 times
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

Patrick_27

#444 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:20 am

Hang on a second, if the site the government are putting out for tender is on the corner of Nile and Robe Streets that would mean that the renders posted on the previous page are obviously one of the designs that have been submitted... Nice!

Patrick_27

#445 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:26 am

Just a thought, though. That's definitely the government's way of saying ta-ta to the Fisherman's Wharf market shed, building on that site will remove almost all of the market's parking.

If the markets do close for the sake of the port's history, I'd like to see that shed completely refurbished and repurposed; perhaps a new and expanded maritime museum which could somehow incorporate the City of Adelaide clipper which has been left to rot a little further down the water front. What an awesome drawcard that would be for the area!

claybro

#446 Post by claybro » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:30 pm

so can they clean the pigeon poo off the buildings in St Vincent street now? Its an absolute tragedy that some beautiful old shopfronts have been left to rot in the state they are. Cant the council pass a by-law about street frontage presentation? And the redevelopment of the Black diamond corner building (former pub and shops) was a major disappointment. Tack-o-rama. :toilet: In any other situation, the collection of ornate heritage buildings along St Vincent Street would be a thriving café and shop strip. The old post office, banks, shipping offices etc..beautiful! Hopefully this will prove to be the seed to get this strip up and running, although I have been eagerly awaiting this since I lived in Dale Street in the early 90's. :roll:

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#447 Post by I Follow PAFC » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:55 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:Just a thought, though. That's definitely the government's way of saying ta-ta to the Fisherman's Wharf market shed, building on that site will remove almost all of the market's parking.

If the markets do close for the sake of the port's history, I'd like to see that shed completely refurbished and repurposed; perhaps a new and expanded maritime museum which could somehow incorporate the City of Adelaide clipper which has been left to rot a little further down the water front. What an awesome drawcard that would be for the area!
There was talk about moving the market last year so they can do a redevelopment.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#448 Post by Goodsy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:07 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:Just a thought, though. That's definitely the government's way of saying ta-ta to the Fisherman's Wharf market shed, building on that site will remove almost all of the market's parking.

You're overestimating how interested people are in maritime history. A maritime museum doesn't deserve to sit on a place as prominent as the shed, nor does a rinky dink sunday market for that matter

Allkai
High Rise Poster!

#449 Post by Allkai » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:06 am

Patrick_27 wrote:That's definitely the government's way of saying ta-ta to the Fisherman's Wharf market shed, building on that site will remove almost all of the market's parking.
Unless the new building parking is available to the public on weekends.....

Patrick_27

#450 Post by Patrick_27 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:23 pm

GoodSmackUp wrote:

You're overestimating how interested people are in maritime history. A maritime museum doesn't deserve to sit on a place as prominent as the shed, nor does a rinky dink sunday market for that matter
No, I think you're underestimating people's interest in maritime history. It wouldn't even need to be a tourism drawcard to be popular, think of all the schools, senior citizens and families who would make up a majority of it's use.

Oh, so what does deserve this land then? Private apartments? More retail space that the Port clearly doesn't need? Please do tell of what you think deserves to be situated on such prime land.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#451 Post by I Follow PAFC » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:10 pm

Mall revamp hopes.

PORT Mall traders hope the centre’s sale will trigger an upgrade of the site, which could include homes in buildings up to five storeys high.

http://messenger.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

Llessur2002

#452 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:14 pm

Govt building to return Port Adelaide to "former glory"

The State Government says a new office building to accommodate 500 relocated public servants will help return Port Adelaide to its "former glory".

About 500 public servants are to be transferred into the building after construction is finished, expected in early 2018.

Minister for Infrastructure and Urban Development Stephen Mullighan announced this morning that the Government had awarded the tender for the construction to developer epc.Pacific.

“The State Government has prioritised the renewal of Port Adelaide to return this unique and historic precinct to its former glory, and these projects will help to further grow and regenerate the area,” Mullighan said.

“Port Adelaide is going well at the moment … we’re seeing the old pubs being refurbished and re-opened, we’re seeing new businesses start up.

“We’ll have a wide cross-section of government [employees] down here.”

The Government has yet to finalise which public servants will be transferred to the Port from the city and other locations.

But Mullighan said the Government was interested in transferring bureaucrats from the departments of Premier and Cabinet, Transport, Agriculture, Environment, Renewal SA and Service SA into the building.

Mullighan said construction – which would support about 275 jobs – was expected to begin within two to three months.

The building, planned for the corner of Nile and Robe Streets, is to be owned by epc.Pacific, and the Government will lease the office space.

The construction remains subject to Development Assessment Commission approval.
http://indaily.com.au/news/local/2016/0 ... mer-glory/

Nathan

#453 Post by Nathan » Fri May 20, 2016 12:35 pm

So not the JPE proposal from the previous page? :?

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#454 Post by Dvious » Fri May 20, 2016 12:45 pm

I personally like this much more than the JPE proposal!

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#455 Post by crawf » Fri May 20, 2016 1:20 pm

I like it aswell