[COM] Rundle Mall Redevelopment | $30m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: Rundle Mall Redevelopment | $30m

#1021 Post by monotonehell » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:16 am

Nathan wrote:Maybe we could list out the obvious building owners that have refused.
I guess they would be the ones with a dirty great pole out front.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1022 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:34 am

Was in the mall last night - could not find a single 'bracket' that some of you are talking about. Am I doing a boy look?
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1023 Post by Ben » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:15 am

They are around but would be hard to see at night.

I think weve been conned. I think the "temporary" lighting is permanent. There is no overhead lighting. Atleast that's what I'm telling myself because it makes me angry how long its taking and literally nothing is being done!

Llessur2002

#1024 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:22 am

[Shuz] wrote:Was in the mall last night - could not find a single 'bracket' that some of you are talking about. Am I doing a boy look?
Probably.

Look for the obvious ones first - the Rundle Mall Plaza (i.e. JB Hi-Fi building) and Rundle Place ones are easy to spot as there's very little else on their facades other than signage and these brackets. They are in sets of two - one above the other, about a floor or so apart. On the Rundle Mall plaza building there's one pair virtually at the corner of the building nearest the Gawler Place shelter thingy (on the front face), and another about 2/3 of the way along the building towards the Myer Centre.

Once you've found these you'll know what you're looking for, the heights and the spacing etc - check out every building and you'll start to see quite a few sets of them - always in pairs, one about 10m directly above the other, and there should be a corresponding pair on the building on the opposite side of the Mall.

But, here's the fun part, they're all sorts of different colours, shapes and designs so some are much easier to spot that others...

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#1025 Post by how good is he » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:55 pm

Told these will be finished in August... didn't say the year tho.

Matt
Legendary Member!

#1026 Post by Matt » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:06 am

[Shuz] wrote:Was in the mall last night - could not find a single 'bracket' that some of you are talking about. Am I doing a boy look?
This pleases me.
If they're that difficult to spot, they've hopefully done a good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChillyPhilly

#1027 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:15 am

Can't help but see the recent lighting above the northern end of Bank Street as a bit of a trial run.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1028 Post by Ben » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:31 pm

Apparently will be finished in September. Why it continues to take so long is beyond comprehension.

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/sout ... 7432698210

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#1029 Post by citywatcher » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:19 pm

Cos the ACC is in charge and they're basically an inefficient bureaucracy.

Nathan

#1030 Post by Nathan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:04 am

Another 'tiser whine fest about the mall? Yes, the poles and delays are annoying, but it seems they have to drag out their favourite topic - pavers. Never mind that those areas around the poles have been sans pavers for months, even before the poles went in.

Criticise actual issues with the council (hello the recent Frome St nonsense), but this constant negativity is just draining.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1031 Post by Ben » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:14 pm

Channel 9 are doing a story on this. Saw them filming in front of the ripped up pavers before lol slow news day.

Nathan

#1032 Post by Nathan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:46 pm

Ben wrote:Channel 9 are doing a story on this. Saw them filming in front of the ripped up pavers before lol slow news day.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#1033 Post by citywatcher » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:38 pm

Personally I think it's been a fair enough criticism. The finish of this project hasn't been the
greatest of advertisements.

Llessur2002

#1034 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:00 pm

citywatcher wrote:Personally I think it's been a fair enough criticism. The finish of this project hasn't been the
greatest of advertisements.
Have to disagree on the fair bit - what's being widely touted by the Murdoch press and other 'light' (no pun intended) news sources as the "ripping up" of pavers is, in reality, the careful lifting of a very tiny percentage of the pavers in very localised areas to lay additional electrical services to power the new lights.

I can't help feeling it's a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' affair - if they'd left them as bitumen we'd be reading stories about how the pavers aren't even finished yet...

Yes the lighting system is behind schedule but, from my understanding, the Council have been a bit shafted by a few building owners along Rundle Mall (which is weird as I thought Haese owned all of them) and had to completely redesign the lighting system. Stuff like that doesn't happen overnight. In a few months we'll all be happy with our new mall and its lighting system, and will have forgotten all about this stupid bloody 'ripping up of pavers' rubbish.

Nathan

#1035 Post by Nathan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:47 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:if they'd left them as bitumen we'd be reading stories about how the pavers aren't even finished yet...
The silly thing is, that's pretty much what they've done. Most of the "ripped up" sections, have been that way since the pavers went down (and a small bit when the poles went in). The give a way is looking at the bitumen, very little of it is recently poured (I think I only saw about 7-8sqm of brand new bitumen total).