[U/C] M2 North-South Motorway

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

[U/C] Re: News & Discussion: South Road / North-South Corridor

#1661 Post by SouthAussie94 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:25 am

SRW wrote:What's the progress on the Darlington upgrade? I think the last post I remember regarding it was that the trees had been removed, but I thought major works were supposed to have begun by now for a completion by 2018. Anyone seen/heard?
Demolition is still underway. 1 building remains south of Sturt Rd, with around a dozen north. Of the 12 north of sturt road, 3/4 appear to still be occupied. The remained are fenced off and are in varying stages of demolition.

A large amount of work is occuring South of Flinders drive where the houses once stood. Large pipes (>1m in diameter) are being installed. In recent days, it appears as if a similar thing has been occuring on the western side of South Rd just to the South of the Expressway.

In the last few days a section of the median strip north of Flinders Drive has been removed and bituminised.
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

victorious80
Gold-Member ;)

#1662 Post by victorious80 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:44 am

They are installing new large diameter water mains along the eastern edge of the road corridor, so they can remove the existing water mains that are within the current South Rd alignment (and will consequently be demolished once road construction begins).

This is the first of many service relocations that will need to happen prior to road works beginning in earnest.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#1663 Post by neoballmon » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:55 pm

SouthAussie94 wrote:In the last few days a section of the median strip north of Flinders Drive has been removed and bituminised.
There's another section north of Sturt Road (at Mimosa Drive I think) that they've done the same, although it's not as noticeable. This would be so they can contra-flow traffic when they do works at the Sturt Road intersection, so I imagine things will really pick up here in the coming months.
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1664 Post by SRW » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:21 pm

Thanks guys! Sounds like it won't be too long before things really get going.
Keep Adelaide Weird

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#1665 Post by how good is he » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:06 pm

Really impressed how much has happened since they started the T2T. Does anyone know if they are working 24/7 and if so will it continue to the end of the project? At this rate it looks like it should finish well before 2 years time..

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1666 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:01 am

2 factors would play a huge influence.

1. Weather - if it continues to be sunnier and drier than expected, they can complete the project sooner.

2. Economics - basically if labour or materials become cheaper, they could hire more workers on site to complete the project sooner. I'm not really well informed of the state of the market at the moment; I'm under the impression its a quite low cost environment at the moment, and it'd be hard to get much lower. But who knows what will happen.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Blimp
High Rise Poster!

#1667 Post by Blimp » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:54 pm

Saw this post on DPTIs Facebook Page for anyone interested in the T2T project:

STAGE 2 OF T2T TRAFFIC SWITCH – TONIGHT
From tonight all right turns from South Road from either direction into Port Road will be banned.
Following this traffic switch, motorists wishing to turn right from South Road into Port Road will need to use the new signalised u-turn facilities near Coglin Street and at Queen Street.
These critical works will allow construction of a new bridge at the South Road intersection with Port Road.
For more info, please visit www.t2talliance.com.au

Llessur2002

#1668 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:57 am

Some photos taken around the Port Road intersection yesterday of the southbound surface carriageway:

Looking north:

Looking south:

And of the Queen Street U-turn facility:

Last edited by Llessur2002 on Mon May 09, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#1669 Post by rev » Mon May 09, 2016 7:06 pm

ChillyPhilly

#1670 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu May 12, 2016 2:34 am

The latest from Nearmap, 25 April.

Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

EBG

#1671 Post by EBG » Thu May 12, 2016 11:09 pm

To Llessur, Rev and ChillyPhilly and others please send more pictures. I was coming along South Rd from Regency Rd heading south last Sunday but I lost the plot and grave up at Port Rd . Everyting just ground to halt.

ChillyPhilly

#1672 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri May 13, 2016 4:00 am

EBG wrote:To Llessur, Rev and ChillyPhilly and others please send more pictures. I was coming along South Rd from Regency Rd heading south last Sunday but I lost the plot and grave up at Port Rd . Everyting just ground to halt.
Will do for sure, as they come through. I like to keep a hawk's eye on Nearmap.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Llessur2002

#1673 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:48 am

EBG wrote:To Llessur, Rev and ChillyPhilly and others please send more pictures. I was coming along South Rd from Regency Rd heading south last Sunday but I lost the plot and grave up at Port Rd . Everyting just ground to halt.
Will try to take a walk round this weekend and see what's going on. It looks really different now - especially as the current (temporary) configuration of South Road is very bendy...

alexczarn
Gold-Member ;)

#1674 Post by alexczarn » Fri May 13, 2016 11:57 am

Llessur2002 wrote:
Will try to take a walk round this weekend and see what's going on. It looks really different now - especially as the current (temporary) configuration of South Road is very bendy...
From experience driving thru it in rush hour, seems like it flows a little more smoothly thanks to the extra lane

Raider
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1675 Post by Raider » Mon May 23, 2016 10:17 pm

The last house in the Darlington/Bedford Park section is now being demolished.