[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
SuperEgz
Gold-Member ;)

[COM] Re: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

#4341 Post by SuperEgz » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:48 am

Play around by hovering over the bays in the map of the stadium to see that not many tickets are left. especially on day 1! http://premier.ticketek.com.au/events/T ... 47/tickets

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4342 Post by claybro » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:32 pm

skyliner wrote:Thanks for all the info guys. Just reinforces what I suspected. Would be great to be there. Some of the cricket tragics here just don't believe it, fobbing it off with, 'there can't be anything else to do in Adelaide!' (a hangover from the old 'rust bucket' days).

Very impressed. :D :D :D :applause:

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Same here in Perth. I have heard comments on the media about this test, and how well it is selling and the inevitable "must be nothing else to do in Adelaide" I think the sport commentators here are just embarrassed about how poorly the test in Perth was attended, particularly after bleating on last year about missing out on certain games here . Great to see the Adelaide Oval just sticking up a finger, it really is showing Adelaide in a different light, and as an expat for once I can hold my head slightly up.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4343 Post by Will » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:04 pm

claybro wrote:

as an expat for once I can hold my head slightly up.
Sorry to have to call you up on this, but this attitude is the reason why people interstate constantly put us down. If you tell all your new Perth mates about how crap Adelaide is, don't be too surprised when they start parroting such lines.

ghs

#4344 Post by ghs » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:19 pm

Norman wrote:I doubt it will only be half full. Most hotels are booked out!
One of the reasons for the hotels being booked out is the Pacific school games. 4000
people apparently.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4345 Post by crawf » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:48 pm

claybro wrote:
skyliner wrote:Thanks for all the info guys. Just reinforces what I suspected. Would be great to be there. Some of the cricket tragics here just don't believe it, fobbing it off with, 'there can't be anything else to do in Adelaide!' (a hangover from the old 'rust bucket' days).

Very impressed. :D :D :D :applause:

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Same here in Perth. I have heard comments on the media about this test, and how well it is selling and the inevitable "must be nothing else to do in Adelaide" I think the sport commentators here are just embarrassed about how poorly the test in Perth was attended, particularly after bleating on last year about missing out on certain games here . Great to see the Adelaide Oval just sticking up a finger, it really is showing Adelaide in a different light, and as an expat for once I can hold my head slightly up.
Ha!, what's there to do in Perth other than Fremantle. :P

The WACA looked deplorable last week on TV.

claybro

#4346 Post by claybro » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:51 pm

Well soon perth will have its shiny new stadium.. But I suspect while the stadium like AO will be a great draw card, it is poorly located to have any real impact in the perth CBD. In reality, the AO will become a small cousin to what is planned here, something akin to a spaceship, and the media will be raving about it nationally.. But as a catalyst to enlivening the CBD, it's just too far on the other side of the Swan river to be walkable. Adelaide really is poised to become a nationally renowned boutique City. Moving the basketball stadium to memorial drive and some less conservative city architecture to make a more attractive skyline, and adelaide can hold its head up high!

Patrick_27

#4347 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:35 am

claybro wrote:Well soon perth will have its shiny new stadium.. But I suspect while the stadium like AO will be a great draw card, it is poorly located to have any real impact in the perth CBD.
It's my understanding that cricket will remain at the WACA and the new stadium will only play host to AFL and larger (international) rugby and soccer games.

Last I checked there were plans for a mixed use development around the WACA which would also include a redevelopment of the grounds, which might I say really needs it... What a dump!

SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

#4348 Post by SouthAussie94 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:56 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
claybro wrote:Well soon perth will have its shiny new stadium.. But I suspect while the stadium like AO will be a great draw card, it is poorly located to have any real impact in the perth CBD.
It's my understanding that cricket will remain at the WACA and the new stadium will only play host to AFL and larger (international) rugby and soccer games.

Last I checked there were plans for a mixed use development around the WACA which would also include a redevelopment of the grounds, which might I say really needs it... What a dump!
Some cricket will remain at the WACA, but all international matches featuring England, India and South Africa will be played at the new stadium.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-03/w ... sh/6746438
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

Patrick_27

#4349 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:46 pm

SouthAussie94 wrote:
Patrick_27 wrote:

Some cricket will remain at the WACA, but all international matches featuring England, India and South Africa will be played at the new stadium.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-03/w ... sh/6746438
Ooh, thank you for clarity! :)

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#4350 Post by Goodsy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob08mmbjvAQ

a nice timelapse of the ACDC stage construction/deconstruction

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#4351 Post by Brucetiki » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:02 pm

Looks like most of level 5 of the eastern stand is empty today. Assuming that where all the after 5 tickets were sold.

Also for some reason CA have brought their own digital signage to put in front of the existing digital signage on level 1

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4352 Post by Wayno » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:14 pm

A few shots from the game today. Yep most of upper eastern stand is empty. Members areas (South & west stands) are quite full.

I guesstimate 32,000.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#4353 Post by I Follow PAFC » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:43 pm

Just over 44,000 at 6pm.
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4354 Post by Wayno » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:10 pm

44,000, really? Look at the empty seats in the eastern stands. Granted the other stands are fairly full.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#4355 Post by I Follow PAFC » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:55 pm

I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/