The Krispy Kreme / On The Run thread

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Krispy Kreme opens on Port Road

#121 Post by rhino » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:12 am

pushbutton wrote:Pizza Hut is also an international company, with hundreds of dine-in restaurants all over the world. That includes a few in Australia, and one in SA (Marion).
They are also still at Blackwood, I believe. They were a couple of months ago, and had a dine-in restaurant.
cheers,
Rhino

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#122 Post by pushbutton » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:57 pm

rhino wrote:
pushbutton wrote:Pizza Hut is also an international company, with hundreds of dine-in restaurants all over the world. That includes a few in Australia, and one in SA (Marion).
They are also still at Blackwood, I believe. They were a couple of months ago, and had a dine-in restaurant.
Thanks. I didn't know that. Very odd that the Pizza Hut website doesn't show that one as dine-in.

I wonder how many other "secret" dine-in restaurants they have?

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#123 Post by rev » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:38 am

With the way Pizza Hut has changed, it's pizza's specifically, as if anyone would want to actually dine in and eat that garbage.
It's bad enough delivered, I can't imagine it being any better when it's a little warmer then when the driver finally gets to your house.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#124 Post by pushbutton » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:31 am

Ah, but it is! I'm not saying they're the best pizzas in the world but if you order one freshly made it can be quite nice!

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#125 Post by monotonehell » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:04 am

pushbutton wrote:Ah, but it is! I'm not saying they're the best pizzas in the world but if you order one freshly made it can be quite nice!
Nope.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Torrens_5022
High Rise Poster!

#126 Post by Torrens_5022 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:27 am

Only dine in Pizza Hut is in Marion, there's none in Blackwood it's only take away. I think each state has remained one restaurant.

rhino

#127 Post by rhino » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:42 am

Torrens_5022 wrote:Only dine in Pizza Hut is in Marion, there's none in Blackwood it's only take away. I think each state has remained one restaurant.
The Blackwood one must have closed very recently then, because 2 months ago (approx.) I called in there and it was definitely eat-in, with the pizzas cut into slices out in the buffet. It was 8:30pm and they wanted to close at 9:00 so they wouldn't let us eat in, even though we could see the pizzas waiting to be eaten! (this may explain why they are no longer eat-in, if that is definitely the case)
cheers,
Rhino

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#128 Post by crawf » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:40 am

Pizza Hut was good 10-15 years ago. These days Dominos is better.... which is saying something

ChillyPhilly

#129 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:43 am

The less Americanisation to our local food chains and/or restuarants, the better. Too many fat people as is.

Wow, I'm such a cynical and undiscerning individual...
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Phantom
High Rise Poster!

#130 Post by Phantom » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:56 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:The less Americanisation to our local food chains and/or restuarants, the better. Too many fat people as is.

Wow, I'm such a cynical and undiscerning individual...
You really are, for someone named after a Kraft product. :P
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#131 Post by pushbutton » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:31 am

You can now buy discounted "gasoline" at Costco (even though the store itself isn't open yet). How do you like that Americanisation?

[Shuz]

#132 Post by [Shuz] » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:02 am

crawf wrote:Pizza Hut was good 10-15 years ago. These days Dominos is better.... which is saying something
Crust Gourmet Pizza in Unley is the best.

Their service... not so great. But the meals are to die for!
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Nathan

#133 Post by Nathan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:48 pm

Crust are better as far as chains go, but that's about it. Better off going to Good Life, or a proper pizzeria (La Trat, Etica, Pizza E Mozzarella, etc)

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#134 Post by Brucetiki » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:51 pm

pushbutton wrote:You can now buy discounted "gasoline" at Costco (even though the store itself isn't open yet). How do you like that Americanisation?
The cost of membership offsets the 5c/litre savings you get at that servo, plus the OTR across the road is matching their prices without the need for a membership.

slenderman
High Rise Poster!

#135 Post by slenderman » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:33 pm

Pretty much all chain pizza is horrible. The pepperoni always looks and tastes cheap and nasty and the bacon/ham is always fatty. Sorry Shuz, but even Crust isn't very good, although it's admittedly better than Domino's, which I can't stand.

I haven't had Pizza Hut in years since they closed down in my area and don't even deliver here anymore (great idea alienating potential customers). They used to be good, but as Crawf said, their pizzas look a lot like Domino's these days so no big loss.

Local pizzerias are definitely the way to go. Support some locals and get some food worth spending money on. Or take the healthi(er) option and make your own, which can be pretty underrated.