Murray Bridge | Developments & News

Developments in Regional South Australia. Including Port Lincoln, Victor Harbor, Wallaroo, Gawler and Mount Barker.
SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Murray Bridge | Developments & News

#151 Post by SBD » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:37 pm

how good is he wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:10 pm
I would say they have already secured a site before making this announcement and doubt they would be looking at any still for sale/on the market.
An article below I found talks about the potential airport & transport hub being at Monarto... so maybe this area is likely for Thomas foods?
https://www.murrayvalleystandard.com.au ... ht-bypass/
I'd expect a land purchase contract to be signed, but subject to various conditions such as approval to built an abattoir on the site and access to sufficient electricity, water, finance etc before settlement. The announcement today presumably means that all of these conditions are satisfied.
Real estate agents don't take down their ads while there is any possibility of the sale falling through for two related reasons - 1) to ensure they have a fallback buyer interested and 2) to maximise their exposure so that any newly-interested parties can be switched to another property through the same agent.

I guess we will find out in time where it will be. I'm not sure if the railway and freeway junctions or route have been finalised yet, so the airport may have a few possibilities depending on who is ready to sell land cheapest when/if the time comes.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#152 Post by how good is he » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:06 pm

They wouldn’t take down the ad but they would at least put under contract on it and I think they would be obliged to disclose this very material fact. I also doubt Thomas Foods would wait this long to secure a new site.. I would expect it was done many, many months ago.
I also wouldn’t be surprised if the land isn’t already secured for any potential airport/transport hub but not that it was bought land but existing Crown/Govt land that has been reserved.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#153 Post by Norman » Sat May 16, 2020 10:28 pm

The development of the new Bridgeport Hotel started a few months ago and is due to be completed in 12 months or so.

Here's a photo from the hotel's Facebook page

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#154 Post by SBD » Tue May 26, 2020 10:22 pm

I haven't seen anyone else mention that state and federal governments are spending a total of $14 million on a road upgrade to service the planned new factory for Thomas Foods international a few kilometres out of Murray Bridge. The plan says it will upgrade a stretch of Mannum Road to provide safe deceleration and acceleration of road trains, and provide a 2.2km access road to the site of the factory. Tender to be awarded soon, for the road work to be completed around the end of the year.

The DPTI page also answers the earlier question about where the factory will be, northeast of Murray Bridge Airport, accessed from a new junction on Mannum Road.

eKwatee
High Rise Poster!

#155 Post by eKwatee » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:35 pm

A $50-million residential development with up to 350 allotments has been announced on the former home of the Murray Bridge Racing Club.

Located on a 45-hectare land parcel near the centre of Murray Bridge, the Newbridge project is adjacent to the Murray Bridge Golf Club and is being developed by South Australian real estate business Burke Urban.

Burke Urban said the first stage, which had been granted development approval from the Rural City of Murray Bridge, included 23 hectares with 129 Torrens Title allotments ranging from 412 sqm to 1061 sqm.

https://indaily.com.au/news/business/20 ... LSgE6KHK_A

flat04
Gold-Member ;)

#156 Post by flat04 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:56 pm

Looks like the proposed Water Sport Park has been derailed. Hopefully it can get back on track, it would be great to have it at that location.
Sounds like it was approved by the council planning department, Department of Environment and Water and the EPA but still got knocked back by council.
https://www.murrayvalleystandard.com.au ... -rejected/
2020-11-24_16-47-06 MB Water Park.jpg

eKwatee
High Rise Poster!

#157 Post by eKwatee » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:54 pm

flat04 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:56 pm
Looks like the proposed Water Sport Park has been derailed. Hopefully it can get back on track, it would be great to have it at that location.
Sounds like it was approved by the council planning department, Department of Environment and Water and the EPA but still got knocked back by council.
https://www.murrayvalleystandard.com.au ... -rejected/
2020-11-24_16-47-06 MB Water Park.jpg
The word on the street is the water park is now going to be being built at Mannum Waters https://mannumwaters.com.au/. The Mannum Waters development, as part of their master plan, already had an approval for some type of recreation activity/water park to be constructed on the western section of the development, which will be surrounded by the construction of wetlands. Apparently trenching has already begun.

Be interested to know if they've teamed up with the operator who was behind the Murray Bridge proposal.