The Exclusive Brethren

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: The Exclusive Brethren

#46 Post by Ho Really » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:00 am

Will wrote:I most definately do not believe that people know when the world will end (if ever).

I believe in living a good life, doing good and helping others. Although I 'have not been chosen' I am certain that i am a better person than those who belong to cults, and who instead of doing good, spend their whole time telling others how holy they are.
I can't say you are entirely wrong. Cults do keep to themselves. The culpable ones are usually the leaders who can be hypocritical. Many members of cults are good honest people who do good. To some cults witnessing is a duty and they can become annoying. I can go on-and-on on this topic, but I'll quote the following passage from Matthew:

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." [Matt 22:37-40]

If we (believers and unbelievers) (and those in cults) put love first wouldn't it be a better place?

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#47 Post by Diamond » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:26 pm

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion."
-Ron Hubbard, Founder of Scientology
Vladimir Putin - TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year 2007

Hans
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#48 Post by Hans » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:38 am

I have a couple of friends too taken away by them to another country.... Do you have any contact with them at all? None of my ppl contact me.

GRUMPY PA
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#49 Post by GRUMPY PA » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:02 am

The Exclusive Bretheren are as bad as the catholic Church as they hide and move their own pedophiles among their church, but nothing gets done because the Government are to scared to upset them. This is fact.This is happening in South Australia.

dsriggs
Legendary Member!

#50 Post by dsriggs » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:41 am

Was it really neccessary to join the site just to bump a thread that's been dead for 5 1/2 years?

Your AdelaideNow-style username doesn't help.

GRUMPY PA
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#51 Post by GRUMPY PA » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:19 pm

dsriggs wrote:Was it really neccessary to join the site just to bump a thread that's been dead for 5 1/2 years?

Your AdelaideNow-style username doesn't help.
It is not the only reason, I will be using this forum for other things also. And with the royal commission for child abuse is under way, I hope some people who suffered whilst or after they were involved with The Adelaide Sect of the Exclusive Bretheren will come forward. My username is a good good example as I was one who did suffer from one of the sick Elder pedophiles hands and their Adelaide sect covered up. I am hoping some more people can be brave enough and let someone know. If you like I can even name and shame the people involved 30 years ago, this is how long I have suffered,because I was not brave enough to come forward at the time other children suffered because of me, whilst they are happy and free. Happy now dsriggs and I mean this in the Politest way.

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#52 Post by Waewick » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:21 pm

This really isn't the forum for that kind of stuff.

It is a terrible situation you have been put in, but perhaps you are best sticking to forms that cover tl the kind of issues you have.