Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
Goodsy
Legendary Member!

Re: Beer Garden

#3196 Post by Goodsy » Fri May 08, 2020 3:47 pm

just a little bit of photoshop fun :lol:

Original here

https://old.reddit.com/r/Adelaide/comme ... sunset_on/

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3197 Post by crawf » Fri May 08, 2020 7:59 pm

Goodsy wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:47 pm
just a little bit of photoshop fun :lol:

Original here

https://old.reddit.com/r/Adelaide/comme ... sunset_on/
Just looks like a chunkier version of Prima in Melbourne ;)

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#3198 Post by rev » Tue May 12, 2020 5:31 pm

^^ Still, imagine how good it would be if it was taller..

Anyhow like I've said many times but been attacked for it, China is no friend of Australia's, it is an enemy country and it is now more and more acting like it and showing it's true colours.

First they threatened to hit our barely exports with a whopping 80% tariff, now they've banned meat imports from Australia.
With the barley first they said there was a flood of Australian barley on their market, then they said it was a quality issue.

They are doing this, not for the bogus reasons stated, but because Australia, a much respected and valued member of the International community, is calling for an investigation into the source of the SARS-COV2 outbreak in China, and has now joined the EU lead investigation.

Add these things to the threats of military attacks against our armed forces operating in International waters and airspace in Asia....

Perhaps it's time our government grew a pair of testicles, and said ok fine, we will ban the export of Australian iron ore & gas to China.

I believe we send them some uranium too? Cut that off too. It's for peaceful purposes, for their power plants as we are signatories of certain agreements. But let's see them make a choice between further nuclear weapon developments or maintaining their nuclear power generation capabilities.

China is acting out, thinking it can bully and scare Australia.
This is when our government needs to stand up to these communist bullies and smack them back down. We wont be alone, we have the entire civilized Western world in our corner, including the two biggest consumer markets on the planet, the USA & EU. If you include Japan as well which is fourth, even India ranked 6th would side with us.
If we have a government with balls, brains, foresight and true vision, they can if not lead then push for a new economic/trade order which brings China down several pegs to where it belongs as a communist dictatorship.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#3199 Post by Goodsy » Tue May 19, 2020 8:49 am

interesting video worth a watch

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#3200 Post by Jaymz » Thu May 21, 2020 4:58 pm

Thought i'd share a random article I found recently, only a couple of months old. I'm surprised it didn't get any air time here, but I can understand why it didn't in other mainland states :P

Best Australian cities ranked by the so called "list king"......

https://travel.nine.com.au/latest/best- ... 4327b33e90

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3201 Post by Nathan » Thu May 21, 2020 5:35 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:58 pm
Thought i'd share a random article I found recently, only a couple of months old. I'm surprised it didn't get any air time here, but I can understand why it didn't in other mainland states :P

Best Australian cities ranked by the so called "list king"......

https://travel.nine.com.au/latest/best- ... 4327b33e90
LOL at the Gold Coast Tier.
But Bouchet did have a few kind words for his favourite cities, praising Newcastle and Hobart before calling Adelaide Australia's greatest city.

"It's as if someone picked up Melbourne, scraped off all the bad bits and plonked it down 700km away in the best climate area in the country," he wrote.

rev

#3202 Post by rev » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:02 pm

International flights are resuming soon, sadly more CCP fifth columnists posing as students will start arriving again.

Article 7 of the ccp National Intelleligence Law stipulates that any organization, and individual shall support, assist and cooperate with intelligence work.

Article 14 stipulates that CCP intelligence services can insist on said support, assistance and cooperation.

Nort

#3203 Post by Nort » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:38 pm

rev wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:02 pm
International flights are resuming soon, sadly more CCP fifth columnists posing as students will start arriving again.

Article 7 of the ccp National Intelleligence Law stipulates that any organization, and individual shall support, assist and cooperate with intelligence work.

Article 14 stipulates that CCP intelligence services can insist on said support, assistance and cooperation.
OK rev.

rev

#3204 Post by rev » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:04 pm

Nort wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:38 pm
rev wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:02 pm

OK rev.
What "ok rev"? You don't believe me? Go look it up your self, there's nothing stopping you.|

Here I'll save you the trouble and quote directly from a CCP pdf..
http://cs.brown.edu/courses/csci1800/so ... nceLaw.pdf
Article 7 Any organization or citizen shall support, assist and cooperate
with the state intelligence work in accordance with the law, and keep the
secrets of the national intelligence work known to the public.
Article 14 The state intelligence work organization shall carry out
intelligence work according to law, and may require relevant organs,
organizations and citizens to provide necessary support, assistance and
cooperation.
Isn't that what I said? Yes it is.
So, what's your issue now?

Put it into context of how China operates. Listen to the dissidents who have fled who have opened up about what goes on.
You really think that if CCP intelligence agencies asked Chinese people here for their "assistance", they wouldn't oblige? With or without pressure..?
Lets cast our minds back to the pro-Hong Kong democracy protests, we all saw pro-CCP Chinese counter protestors turn up.

rev

#3205 Post by rev » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:10 pm

Majority of Australians, Americans and Brits blame China for pandemic
Staff writers, News Corp Australia Network
June 4, 2020 10:57am
Subscriber only

Three out of four Australians, Brits and Americans blame China for the coronavirus pandemic, according to a new poll.

The poll, by global private investment firm Parabellum Investments, found that over half are less likely to buy goods and services from China as a result of the pandemic.

In Australia, public concern is highest, with 80 per cent blaming China for the disaster and 68 per cent of those now less likely to buy Chinese products.

The research, undertaken for Parabellum Investments, comes amid political criticism over China’s role in the crisis and gives one of the first indications of how consumers may react.

Across all three leading Western economies, it reveals unexpectedly high levels of public concern.

“This pandemic has clearly demonstrated the dangers of Western economies being overly dependent on China,” said Rami Cassis, Founder and CEO of Parabellum Investments.

“This is already influencing international trade and prompting governments and enterprise to look for ways to guarantee supply of critical goods and services. We believe it will transform international supply chains and change today’s globalisation model relying on China as the world’s factory which will bring with it investment opportunities arising from reshoring and nearshoring.”

Asked whether they held the Chinese government responsible for the global spread of COVID-19, 77 per cent of consumers surveyed across all three countries said they did.

Although governments in the UK, US and Australia have responded differently, levels of public concern are strikingly similar across the three continents, with 80 per cent of Australian consumers blaming China for the crisis, against 77 per cent of in the UK and 73 per cent in the US.

The poll also reveals a clear link between consumers blaming China for spreading the pandemic and their purchasing intentions. Just over 60 per cent of respondents who hold China responsible for the global spread of COVID-19 say they are now less likely to buy Chinese goods and services.

The impact on buying intentions is evident in all three countries, but most evident in Australia, where 68 per cent of consumers blaming China for the pandemic said the pandemic has made them much or slightly less likely to buy goods and services from China.

“We think increasingly negative consumer attitudes to China will influence how major corporations reconfigure their supply chains in the wake of this pandemic,” Mr Cassis continued. “We expect many more to look for ways to source products and services locally, or from countries which are physically closer and culturally aligned.

Some of the regional winners gaining from China’s loss are expected to be India, North Africa, Eastern Europe & Belarus, Argentina & Mexico. While investment driving the reshoring and nearshoring trend is already afoot in pharmaceuticals and medical services, we also expect to see this happen in numerous other sectors.”

Parabellum Investments has recently acquired pharma-tech product serialisation firm advance based in the US, Belgium and Turkey. As part of its global portfolio, Parabellum Investment also has nearshore / offshore operations in Bulgaria, Turkey and multiple sites in India where it is seeking further acquisitions.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/coronavi ... c84ade3789

People have woken up to the threat.
By buying Chinese, you support the anti-democratic CCP which doesn't share our values and threatens our country.

Nort

#3206 Post by Nort » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:17 pm

Ok.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3207 Post by Norman » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:50 pm

I don't think every Chinese citizen or student is a member of the communist party though. There probably are a few, but not all of them. Wikipedia states that there are 90 million party members, so it should be about 6.5%.

rev

#3208 Post by rev » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:06 pm

Norman wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:50 pm
I don't think every Chinese citizen or student is a member of the communist party though. There probably are a few, but not all of them. Wikipedia states that there are 90 million party members, so it should be about 6.5%.
Never said they were.
The issue is that they are here temporarily, still citizens of China and therefore still bound by Chinas laws.
They can be forced to assist intelligence operations. Might be something as simple as attending an air show at a RAAF base and taking photos.

Its another example of where we've become dependent on them, their sending students, and what a mistake it is to continue it.

That, along with buying Chinese goods, and allowing unchecked Chinese investment especially when most of it comes from "businesses" controlled by the CCP or directly linked to it.

The CCP isnt Australia's "friend".
Their recent actions should highlight this for everyone. If anyone needed clarification or a reminder after China threatened it would sink our frigates in international waters in the scs.

Our government wants an independent international investigation into where this virus came from and how it spread, so as to prevent it from happening again or at least better prepare in case it happens again. Whats China got to hide? They havent been lying to the world have they?

Their response? 80% tarrif on our barely exports and sudden immediate ban on partial meat imports.

I don't know what our government is doing or waiting for before taking them to the WTO, or, better yet, ban export of our minerals to China. We have a trade surplus with them, so we have some wiggle room to play with.

Chinas leader isnt taking calls from Canberra btw. Like a petulant child crying before being disciplined and sent to it's room.

SBD

#3209 Post by SBD » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:12 am

rev wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:06 pm
Norman wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:50 pm
Never said they were.
The issue is that they are here temporarily, still citizens of China and therefore still bound by Chinas laws.
They can be forced to assist intelligence operations. Might be something as simple as attending an air show at a RAAF base and taking photos.

Its another example of where we've become dependent on them, their sending students, and what a mistake it is to continue it.

That, along with buying Chinese goods, and allowing unchecked Chinese investment especially when most of it comes from "businesses" controlled by the CCP or directly linked to it.

The CCP isnt Australia's "friend".
Their recent actions should highlight this for everyone. If anyone needed clarification or a reminder after China threatened it would sink our frigates in international waters in the scs.

Our government wants an independent international investigation into where this virus came from and how it spread, so as to prevent it from happening again or at least better prepare in case it happens again. Whats China got to hide? They havent been lying to the world have they?

Their response? 80% tarrif on our barely exports and sudden immediate ban on partial meat imports.

I don't know what our government is doing or waiting for before taking them to the WTO, or, better yet, ban export of our minerals to China. We have a trade surplus with them, so we have some wiggle room to play with.

Chinas leader isnt taking calls from Canberra btw. Like a petulant child crying before being disciplined and sent to it's room.
I expect lots of countries have laws or provisions for things like that. I expect the RAAF hide anything that can't be seen from a satellite before holding an open day.

I doubt all Chinese investors and citizens go out of their way to support their government in all things, any more than Australian citizens support every decision of our government. Imagine being a big Chinese investor who has spent millions buying Australian beef production, then your government turns round and says "that's nice, but you can't bring the beef to China".

rev

#3210 Post by rev » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:00 am

It doesn't matter if they do or don't. What matters is that an authoritarian dictatorship has laws and the will to enforce those laws, obligating and forcing its citizens to comply.

Trying to compare that situation to a free, open and democratic country like Australia is wrong.