Discover Australia's Best Kept Hidden Secret

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

Discover Australia's Best Kept Hidden Secret

#1 Post by crawf » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:15 am

ive just made a thread "Discover Australia's Best Kept Hidden Secret" in the SSC world forums to showcase our beautiful city and state to the world.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=386809

please feel free to add any South Australian pictures to it

cheers, crawf

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2 Post by Will » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:45 pm

This is a good idea, however I visited the thread, and it is dissapointing that only South Australian people seem to have visited it.

And have to say, that Giorgios has made an excellent comment. Adelaide is not world renowned because of our state's negative mentallity. When South Australian's travel abroad it wouldn't surprise me if they told the world how 'boring' and 'backwards' we are.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#3 Post by crawf » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:39 am

thanks will

im a bit disapointed how many people have posted, but not how many people have visited - a stagering 732 people have viewed it (and its only been running for only 2 days)

the states mentallity is appauling, thats the biggest issue SA is currently facing IMO

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4 Post by Will » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:41 pm

crawf wrote:thanks will

im a bit disapointed how many people have posted, but not how many people have visited - a stagering 732 people have viewed it (and its only been running for only 2 days)

the states mentallity is appauling, thats the biggest issue SA is currently facing IMO

Crawf, I think it would be a good idea if you included picutures of the emotions people will feel if they visit South Australia. I say this, because as a state we do not have an icon to market and represent us, like say the Harbour Bridge for NSW and Ayers Rock for the NT.

I recommend you include pictures of people drinking wine, eating cheese platters, buying gourmet food at the Central market or eating seafood at the Marina in Glenelg.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#5 Post by Edgar » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:43 pm

The Flinders Ranges are amazing!

I am speechless :shock:

bva
High Rise Poster!

#6 Post by bva » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:37 am

i am definitely not negative about SA when i talk to people here in London. In fact, with my intervention quite a few work colleagues have visited SA and loved it!!
Actually what is annoying me is the new jacobs creek wine advert here (crap wine I know, but popular) which shows beautiful barossa scenes that many people are commenting favourably on and does not mention SA at all - if only people knew they would flock here

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#7 Post by crawf » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:56 am

Will wrote:Crawf, I think it would be a good idea if you included picutures of the emotions people will feel if they visit South Australia. I say this, because as a state we do not have an icon to market and represent us, like say the Harbour Bridge for NSW and Ayers Rock for the NT.

I recommend you include pictures of people drinking wine, eating cheese platters, buying gourmet food at the Central market or eating seafood at the Marina in Glenelg.
ill see what i can do...

btw ive changed a few of the photos