New Theme Park on the Goldy

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
gregrogers257
Gold-Member ;)

New Theme Park on the Goldy

#1 Post by gregrogers257 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:35 am

Today I was shocked to find out that a new theme park is about to open on the gold coast....... I had no idea this was happening......

The park opens in december, and is called white water world. Its located right next to dreamworld
For more info. see http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/

One other surprising thing is that the park is only a $56 million development. That's not much for a major theme park. I am sure that movieworld and dreamwolrd would be worth a lot more than this.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#2 Post by Edgar » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:56 am

water parks are generally cheaper to build, because of the less technical mechanicals involved, all are pretty straight forward.

Movie world is probably the most expensive, especially with the amazing technologies that was brought and created in and from the park itself.

So....when are we getting one??? :lol:

gregrogers257
Gold-Member ;)

Cheap theme park........

#3 Post by gregrogers257 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:15 pm

edgar_raphael wrote:water parks are generally cheaper to build, because of the less technical mechanicals involved, all are pretty straight forward.

Movie world is probably the most expensive, especially with the amazing technologies that was brought and created in and from the park itself.

So....when are we getting one??? :lol:
Even though its only a water park, I still think 56 million is cheap. Also, its not all water attractions......there is 1 rollercoaster as well. Obviously its not going to be a massive park with a lot of attractions, otherwise they would need to spend more than 56 million....

Melbourne and Sydney dont have any major theme parks themselves so...... I cant see a park being setup here in adelaide..... I would not want one anyway. I would much prefer to see the suburbs and the cbd develop instead......

Sure theme parks are good the first couple of times that you go to them........but after that the novelty wears off.......

bdm
High Rise Poster!

#4 Post by bdm » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:57 pm

edgar_raphael wrote:So....when are we getting one??? :lol:
We had a theme park down at Glenelg with rollercoasters and all. They got rid of it.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#5 Post by crawf » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:16 am

Very soon

The approved dunes resort on the yorke peninsula features a theme park aswell as a 5 star resort, international standed golf course, commercial centre and over 1,600 houses.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#6 Post by AG » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:26 am

Sydney used to have a theme park out west near Blacktown called Wonderland, until it closed recently. I enjoyed that place. Have never been to Luna Park at Milson's Point or the one in St. Kilda in Melbourne though.

gregrogers257
Gold-Member ;)

Theme parks

#7 Post by gregrogers257 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:35 pm

AG wrote:Sydney used to have a theme park out west near Blacktown called Wonderland, until it closed recently. I enjoyed that place. Have never been to Luna Park at Milson's Point or the one in St. Kilda in Melbourne though.
I've seen the st. kilda luna park and its crap........I woudn't even compare it to the theme parks on the gold coast......... Actually St. Kilda in melbourne is one big disappointment, its not even worth going there...
I would say the one at Milson's point is ordinary as well - I never even knew one was there..... Luna park in sydney also is not much..

As far as the proposed theme park for port hughes goes........ it will never happen......... There's not a market for a theme park in sydney so how could there be one in port hughes ???

Pistol
Legendary Member!

#8 Post by Pistol » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:44 pm

^^^^^^ You are SO negative mate... Every post I have read from you you are bagging something.

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#9 Post by Edgar » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:51 pm

crawf wrote:
Very soon

The approved dunes resort on the yorke peninsula features a theme park aswell as a 5 star resort, international standed golf course, commercial centre and over 1,600 houses.
any information about this?

gregrogers257
Gold-Member ;)

Theme parks

#10 Post by gregrogers257 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:00 pm

Pistol78 wrote:^^^^^^ You are SO negative mate... Every post I have read from you you are bagging something.
Mate.......I am not negative........ Unlike all the other idiots on these forums, I am realistic....

Can you really see a theme park being successful at Port Hughes ???

Have you ever been to St, Kilda....... it's a shithole

Maximus_Marc
Gold-Member ;)

#11 Post by Maximus_Marc » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:34 pm

I've been to St Kilda's Luna Park and its not a show stopper, its more a historical theme park. St Kilda is a nice place though, don't diss the area, I love the quality eat-outs there and those vintage goodies you can find in some of the shops.

As for a theme park in Adelaide, hmmm, a dreamworld wouldn't work very well here but I think a wet & wild theme park would. I think it would do really well during the summer and the winter season wouldn't be dismal too if the water was heated. The beach house is doing well (I think its crap for someone my age) but if you built a waterslide theme park it would be a hit with all age groups.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Theme parks

#12 Post by AG » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:24 pm

gregrogers257 wrote: I would say the one at Milson's point is ordinary as well - I never even knew one was there..... Luna park in sydney also is not much..
Luna Park IS the one at Milson's Point.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#13 Post by crawf » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:51 am

edgar_raphael wrote:
crawf wrote:
Very soon

Yep

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... 067&page=5

Captain Howdy
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#14 Post by Captain Howdy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:49 pm

edgar_raphael wrote:
crawf wrote:
Very soon

Isn't it being funded by Greg Norman or someone? It was in the Advertiser in July.

mikesukat
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Theme park DL

#15 Post by mikesukat » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:41 am

if you want to share this cool game, I´ve solution for you! Theme Park download