[COM] SAHMRI | $200m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Hooligan
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: #PRO - Health and Medical Research Institute (HMRI) - $200m

#46 Post by Hooligan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:46 pm

People who post on Adelaidenow would know more about a hat full of arse holes than they know about the merits of good architecture.

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

yousername
High Rise Poster!

#47 Post by yousername » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:17 pm

Pistol wrote:AdelaideNow must be a bit perplexed by the positive comments for this stunning looking building.

They have just added a poll to the story. This is what you can choose from:
1. Tone it down a bit.
2. Don't like it much.
3. It's dreadful.
4. Waste of money.

Talk about your biased journalism.
Oh wait, its AdelaideNow... I forgot.
Saw that too, but when i voted to see the results, it turns out that the first one is really "Looks great"
Will wrote:Victorians can get f#$%^&*!

waz94
Gold-Member ;)

#48 Post by waz94 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Another monument built for RANN.

The only question remains, will the statue be made from bronze or marble?

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#49 Post by rhino » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:34 pm

waz94 wrote:Another monument built for RANN.
That's it? Unbelievable.

As for me - WOW!!! Very impressed, I would love to see this go ahead - talk about lifting the bar!

As for Rann, as a figurehead I can take him or leave him, but the way this state is moving ahead since his party took up the reins, certainly impresses me. This building is just another step in the right direction. :applause: :applause:
cheers,
Rhino

yousername
High Rise Poster!

#50 Post by yousername » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:41 pm

I wish it was election season the whole time. Great developments for Labor.

dsriggs
Legendary Member!

#51 Post by dsriggs » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:46 pm

FANTASTIC building. :applause:

Gotta love the people on AdelaideNow who assume that because it's clear, the building will be 50 degrees on the inside.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#52 Post by Will » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:40 am

waz94 wrote:Another monument built for RANN.

The only question remains, will the statue be made from bronze or marble?
If this building were to be built by the libs, would you be saying that this is a monument to Redmond or Abbott?

yousername
High Rise Poster!

#53 Post by yousername » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:04 am

Will wrote:
waz94 wrote:If this building were to be built by the libs, would you be saying that this is a monument to Redmond or Abbott?
Or Jesus with Abbott. But dont worry, he thinks the country should still be secular.

rubegoldbergdevice
Gold-Member ;)

#54 Post by rubegoldbergdevice » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 am

Jesus H Christ. Is The Bog Roll I Mean The Advertiser blatantly biased here or what? Good on you pistol for posting that as it saved me doing it.

BTW:
1. The university is about 1.5km down the road so there is an immediate issue with young trainee doctors doing their rotations at the RAH and actually being able to get there.
1.5 kms. Damn that's a long way. If only we had internal combustion engines. Oh wait! WE DO!

Ridiculous comment. It is literally and actually "just down the street". Come on.

This building is great stuff and would not turn a head over here in Melbourne. Or anywhere else sensible in the world. In Adelaide it would be an awesome plus.

Adelarch
Donating Member
Donating Member

#55 Post by Adelarch » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:24 am

Well there goes my credibility :oops:

But anyway what a superb looking building. Loving it :applause:

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#56 Post by Waewick » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:16 am

This will be like the RAH

a massive announcement then....oh wait we aren't actually going to build it intil 2055 when the economy is back on track

good to see people aren't fooled by a few nice pictures.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#57 Post by Howie » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:31 am

capitalist wrote:This will be like the RAH

a massive announcement then....oh wait we aren't actually going to build it intil 2055 when the economy is back on track

good to see people aren't fooled by a few nice pictures.
I think most people on this forum understand it's all politics, but there's no knocking the architecture.. I just wish it was election time more often so we can see more of these bad boys around town.

Also the fact that it'll be federally funded will mean it gets built with either Labor or Liberal in charge. Would be nice to see a retained RAH and research precinct on Frome Road, while having the HMRI in the west with a Riverside/stadium development next door. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#58 Post by Will » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:02 pm

rubegoldbergdevice wrote:Jesus H Christ. Is The Bog Roll I Mean The Advertiser blatantly biased here or what? Good on you pistol for posting that as it saved me doing it.

BTW:
1. The university is about 1.5km down the road so there is an immediate issue with young trainee doctors doing their rotations at the RAH and actually being able to get there.
1.5 kms. Damn that's a long way. If only we had internal combustion engines. Oh wait! WE DO!

Ridiculous comment. It is literally and actually "just down the street". Come on.

This building is great stuff and would not turn a head over here in Melbourne. Or anywhere else sensible in the world. In Adelaide it would be an awesome plus.

The comment regarding the medical school is valid.

I don't understand why they just can't build a new medical school in the new RAH?

The medical school at Flinders is located within the actual Flinders Hospital, and not at the main Flinders campus.

A medical school does not need to be located at the main campus of a university.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#59 Post by Will » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:23 pm

rubegoldbergdevice wrote:Jesus H Christ. Is The Bog Roll I Mean The Advertiser blatantly biased here or what? Good on you pistol for posting that as it saved me doing it.

BTW:

Did you write this comment on AdelaideNow:
Phil N of Melbourne Posted at 3:31 AM Today
Goddam it Advertiser, your poll is blatantly biased. What about those of us who think that the building is awesome and one that in any other city in the world wouldn't even raise an eyebrow? I literally can't vote in this as you don't give me a voice. This is typical of Adelaide. If it wants to stop being a backwater (and it is), maybe stop thinking that way. Particularly the prime daily. Anybody thought about this?? This is why I moved to Melbourne. Enjoy your terminal decline over there

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#60 Post by AtD » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Seriously people. Stop reading AdelaideNow comments. It's not good for your health.