News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#1081 Post by crawf » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:22 am

Lol

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1082 Post by crawf » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Redevelopment of the Myer Centre is well underway. Scaffolding is now along Rundle Mall, the awning is in the process of being dismantled and the lifts have been closed for a couple of weeks now.

Whilst the Myer store revamp is going well aswell.

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#1083 Post by Dvious » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:19 am

Hope the re-development is worth it, the store is looking so sorry at times.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1084 Post by monotonehell » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:08 am

crawf wrote:Redevelopment of the Myer Centre is well underway. Scaffolding is now along Rundle Mall, the awning is in the process of being dismantled and the lifts have been closed for a couple of weeks now.

Whilst the Myer store revamp is going well aswell.
I forgot to mention; the upper floor's escalators have been spirited away. How will we get to Dazzeland now?
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Mants
Legendary Member!

#1085 Post by Mants » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:46 am

I have heard several exciting things regarding this redevelopment and the centre's top floors. If done properly, it could actually work really well.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#1086 Post by Brucetiki » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Mants wrote:I have heard several exciting things regarding this redevelopment and the centre's top floors. If done properly, it could actually work really well.
I really hope so - such a waste of space up there desperate for some reinvigorating.

russo92
Gold-Member ;)

#1087 Post by russo92 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:08 pm

Mants wrote:I have heard several exciting things regarding this redevelopment and the centre's top floors. If done properly, it could actually work really well.
Are you able to share any possible details or plans on whats planned for the top floors?

Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1088 Post by Xaragmata » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:14 am

A couple of Myer Centre pics from last week

sydneysider
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1089 Post by sydneysider » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:54 pm

Tease.

Those floors have been fenced off and gutted since Dazzeland closed right?

Mants
Legendary Member!

#1090 Post by Mants » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:29 pm

i'm sure it wont be long before things begin to be announced!

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1091 Post by crawf » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:22 pm

The exterior already looks better with that disgusting awning gone.

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1092 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:32 am

crawf wrote:The exterior already looks better with that disgusting awning gone.
Have to agree. It somehow makes the Rundle Mall frontage look 'cleaner'.

Still, the Myer Centre is not an attractive building and would be better off demolished.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1093 Post by crawf » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:26 am

Pretty big coup for the city and possibly Adelaide Central Plaza. Though my bet it's the CM building extension.
Jewellery chain Tiffany to open store in Adelaide
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/ ... 6703186617
GIUSEPPE TAURIELLO THE ADVERTISER AUGUST 23, 2013 11:34PM

IT'S news Adelaide women have been waiting for and their partners have been dreading.

After months of rumour and speculation, the long-awaited arrival of New York fashion icon Tiffany &Co. has been confirmed.

Yesterday, the company's Australian managing director Glen Schlehuber confirmed the jeweller would set up shop in the city next year.

He would not confirm the location of the new store but The Advertiser has been advised that tenants of Adelaide Central Plaza have been notified that Tiffany will take up residence.in the home of David Jones.

"I'm pleased to confirm that Tiffany &Co. will be opening a boutique in Adelaide in the second half of 2014," Mr Schlehuber said.

Made famous in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's starring Audrey Hepburn and worn by models, musicians and movie stars including Gwyneth Paltrow, Tiffany has become a global jewellery phenomenon.

The pilgrimage to its flagship store on Fifth Avenue has become a rite of passage for devotees of Tiffany's range of jewellery, fragrances, accessories, stationery and leather goods.

Its latest handbag line, TLC collection, has been featured on the US red carpet more than any other handbag this season. The label also offers a men's range including cufflinks, money clips and business cardholders.

Tiffany's Adelaide store will become its eighth in Australia, having already established a presence in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1094 Post by Will » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:04 pm

From news.com:
Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Topshop in talks to open Adelaide stores

GIUSEPPE TAURIELLO •
The Advertiser •
August 26, 2013 10:36PM

Luxury labels set to brand Adelaide

INTERNATIONAL fashion brands including Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Topshop are circling Adelaide as they expand their retail footprints across the country.

Adelaide is fast becoming a destination of choice for international retailers that have established stores along the eastern seaboard.

Last week Tiffany &Co. confirmed it would set up a boutique in Adelaide Central Plaza and in May Rundle Mall welcomed the city's first Apple store to the city .

Retail property tycoon Shaun Bonett spent three years convincing Tiffany to move into his Adelaide Central Plaza centre and confirmed he was in talks with the three international retailers about establishing stores alongside the New York icon.

"We've spoken to them . . . they are keen to come into Adelaide," he said.

"If you look at the other major cities in Australia and what has occurred, luxury retailers definitely move into cities in packs and I think it's exceptionally good news for Adelaide that the first one has now committed to doing so.

"Unfortunately with national and international brands the eastern states are often the place they want to begin the opening of their businesses in and then they will move onto other states.

"I think all of those brands will open in Adelaide over the course of the next two-to-three years and I think from a negotiation point of view, ultimately the first step with a luxury retailer is usually to identify the site that they want to be in."

With Tiffany joining luxury Italian fashion house Max Mara along North Terrace, the city's cultural boulevard is tipped to become the home of luxury shopping in the city.

Luxury international retailers require minimum shopfronts of at least 10-to-15 metres, ruling out traditional retail precincts like Rundle Mall that have been subdivided into smaller stores.

One CBD property owner who preferred not to be named confirmed he was also in talks to secure Chanel and Louis Vuitton a site in Adelaide.

"Typically the international luxury brand retailers look for prominent street-fronted locations like North Terrace and it would be highly unlikely that they would seek a position on Rundle Mall frontage," he said.

Topshop Topman group marketing director Prue Thomas said the entry of the UK fashion chain into Adelaide would rely on the company finding the right location.

"Topshop and Topman are very keen to continue to secure premium large format retail positions nationally and Adelaide features high on our wish list, providing the right site presents itself," she said.

Earlier this month Topshop announced it would open its fourth Australian outlet in Brisbane in December.

Mr Bonett said Tiffany &Co. would spend close to six months preparing a fit out for its new Adelaide store before an opening in the second half of next year.

"The store will be very comparable to their Melbourne and Brisbane stores," he said.

Chanel and Louis Vuitton declined to comment

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1095 Post by Ben » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:59 am

How many times have the Advertiser recycled that article? Atleast it has confirmation that 1 store will open unlike previous examples.

In other news Tigerlily is opening its first Adelaide store on Rundle Street in the former Lisa Ho store.