[CAN] Spire Living | 107m | 37lvls | Residential

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN] Spire Living | 107m | 37lvls | Residential

#1 Post by Howie » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:03 pm

Render :

Old Render :

3D model :
* Spire Living (Howie)
Last edited by Howie on Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#2 Post by Howie » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:11 pm

Me too sam. Me too :)

Nice new render on the front page today... the conservatory on hindmarsh sq.. looks awesome in my opinion.

BTW, welcome to the site!

Algernon
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[CAN]

#3 Post by Algernon » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:53 pm

I too am looking to buy an apartment in the city. After I graduate of course :)

I've had a look at a site plan for City Central, and i'm not totally convinced by it all. A problem with this sort of large scale design is that with the whole environment planned as a single package in the same style, it comes across as a domesticated space. Whilst it has the population density to support localised activities (inner Sydney suburbs like Newtown for example), because City Central is all new buildings, there isn't any old charm and character in it. Another city residential development that suffers from this is Garden East. It tries so hard to have that old European charm to it, but in the end it's all the same old red brick, all of the same time period, and just generally boring to be in.

If I were to make the choice on an apartment today, i'd look at something in the Domain on Grenfell St. The East End is a lot more appealing to me than the Central Market. Cleaner and generally less dodgy feeling (but i'm a regular patron of the Crown and Anchor, so maybe i'm not qualified to comment!).

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#4 Post by Howie » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:00 pm

Gidday again Chris... I'm in love with the Domain building. It looks fantastic, but it definately is a premium apartment and comes with an equally expensive price. I doubt I could afford to live there anytime soon.

But octagon that's coming up on that side of town might be slightly more affordable

Algernon

[CAN]

#5 Post by Algernon » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:04 pm

Princes Apartments (next to the Grenfell Centre and Telstra building) has just about the best location imaginable for city workers. I'd consider an apartment there, and they're ultra cheap. However it's a heavily built up area, so if you enjoy the sunshine look elsewhere. No worries about having your view built out in future - it already is!

Octagon Apartments look to me like a cross between Adelaide Tafe and the Remand Centre :lol:

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#6 Post by Howie » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:08 pm

Princes apartment would be excellent i agree. It should come up a treat! I've noticed alot of commercial building redevelopments of late, scaffoldings up a few of the older buildings. Hopefully it'll give them a new shine.
chris wrote: Octagon Apartments look to me like a cross between Adelaide Tafe and the Remand Centre :lol:
So true. haha

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#7 Post by Pikey » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:11 pm

As I said on SSC, I saw several official looking dudes there today, stepping out boundries, looking up and making some encouraging comments. I was tempted to tell them what i knew, but I didn't want to freak them out!
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Algernon

[CAN]

#8 Post by Algernon » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:23 pm

I think the boundary of this tower is pretty much in line with the new Advertiser building's southern edge. Can you confirm, Pikey?

petermaloney
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#9 Post by petermaloney » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:33 pm

this is my favorite building in Aus at the moment pending.

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#10 Post by Pikey » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:26 pm

chris wrote:I think the boundary of this tower is pretty much in line with the new Advertiser building's southern edge. Can you confirm, Pikey?
Yep, hence the blank facade at the back of 'tiser, and I believe that the carpark that will form the base of this tower will stop just above the top of the 'tiser building. The fact that the base of this tower is only 438m2 will really make it look quite tall from some angels. I think the dimensions of the site are 13x35ish, roughly the same size as my house block!! So a 13 metre wide wall rising 100m will look pretty impressive!
Walking on over....

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#11 Post by Pikey » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:26 pm

It's a shitful render on my behalf, but here's a pic by AtD sowing what impact Bentham will have from the south. Just to give an idea how big and thin it will be.

Walking on over....

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#12 Post by Howie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:30 pm

that's neat! Thanks for that. Should be even more bulky if we're to include city central.

petermaloney
High Rise Poster!

[CAN]

#13 Post by petermaloney » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:21 pm

I love that render by ATD got any more from north ,west and east?

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#14 Post by Pikey » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:00 pm

Nah mate, the pic was from AtD, I did the render!

The amount of time I had was really limited, hence the crappyness of my render - I'll try and get another one from the north.
Walking on over....

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[CAN]

#15 Post by AG » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:19 pm

I love the render but unfortunately I don't think that is the side that we will be seeing from the south. The official rendering is taken of the western side of the building.