News & Discussion: CBD Real Estate & Market Conditions

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Mants
Legendary Member!

Reserve Bank Building

#46 Post by Mants » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:11 pm

Does anyone know what is happening to the Reserve Bank on Victoria Square?

i noticed today that there is a fence around it and the podium seems to be covered in green mesh.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#47 Post by Will » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:26 pm

The Reserve Bank Building has been vacant for many years, and as a result the owners had realized that with the advent of new, mjodern energy efficient office accomodation coming onto the market, that the building needs a makeover.

Essentially the entire interior of the building will be transformed, and there will be slight changes to the outisde of the building. The mesh like blinds on the windows at the top of the building will be removed, however not much changes will be made as this building is heritage listed.

rogue
Donating Member
Donating Member

#48 Post by rogue » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:41 am

A site that has been mentioned few times for the possible DTEI HQ, is the corner on KW and Currie Streets where the Adelaide Metro office is now.

The building is completely vacant except for the ground floor.

Likely scenerio would be to demolish current building and construct new landmark building.

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

#49 Post by Snorkie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:30 pm

rogue wrote:A site that has been mentioned few times for the possible DTEI HQ, is the corner on KW and Currie Streets where the Adelaide Metro office is now.

The building is completely vacant except for the ground floor.

Likely scenerio would be to demolish current building and construct new landmark building.
I certainly hope your wrong. Another skyscraper in that part of KWS will just blend into crowd, and will make little impact on the skyline, unless it is 100m+. Personally i hope the twin towers on franklin st gets this one, or for that matter anywhere in the city that is underdeveloped, and not right next to santos. Only time will tell i guess...

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#50 Post by Ho Really » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:08 am

As far as I know Transport SA is looking at City Central. The move inside two years.

Cheers

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#51 Post by crawf » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:49 am

City Central isnt really in the west end :?

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#52 Post by UrbanSG » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:04 am

No it isn't. However they have mentioned in their tender that they are looking anywhere west of King William etc and City Central falls into that category. Gov already has space in CC1 and Caversham has a good reputation in Adelaide now so it is possible they will choose City Central. It would also be sensible transport wise right on the major routes for King William. I will be happy if it results in a height increase to CC3 or a tower on King William Street adjacent the GPO which was in the first plans for the whole block.

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

#53 Post by Snorkie » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:00 am

Keep in mind that the twin towers project is the next block over from city central, and prob less than a 200m walk from KWS. And with a desire to be in the west but close to KWS, then this would also be the ideal site for them. If its to be ready by 2010 then construction would have to start pretty soon, and by the time they redesign cc3, i think twin towers project would be the wiser choice. Meh only time will tell i guess.

tybalt
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#54 Post by tybalt » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:47 pm

I was talking to a mate of mine who is a Project Manager with TSA about this the other day... he says it's more than likely that a new building will go up on North Tce west of the skate park... which I guess makes sense with the re-direction of the Tramline to head up that way...

He says plans are being drawn up.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#55 Post by crawf » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:53 am

Snorkie wrote:Keep in mind that the twin towers project is the next block over from city central, and prob less than a 200m walk from KWS.
And not far from the new Bus Terminal and The Precinct Development.
he says it's more than likely that a new building will go up on North Tce west of the skate park...
That wouldnt be a good location for a information centre, the best location IMO would be at City Central. Though maybe Adelaide could have two info centres.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#56 Post by UrbanSG » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:46 am

Tybalt, that doesn't sound too good. If it goes in that location it will be a groundscraper for sure. A landmark building hey? Obviously not height-wise if it goes there, just a huge campus building taking up heaps of land. How about we try and get the central CBD core up to scratch before we try fixing the whole CBD at once eg this far west. Hopefully they opt for somewhere like City Central/Franklin Street.

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

#57 Post by Snorkie » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:53 am

UrbanSG wrote:Tybalt, that doesn't sound too good. If it goes in that location it will be a groundscraper for sure. A landmark building hey? Obviously not height-wise if it goes there, just a huge campus building taking up heaps of land. How about we try and get the central CBD core up to scratch before we try fixing the whole CBD at once eg this far west. Hopefully they opt for somewhere like City Central/Franklin Street.
If its west of the skate park doesnt that imply it will be built on the railway yard if im not mistaken? But yeah highly likely it will be a groundscraper, although it will be very close to embassy, horizon etc, so maybe around 50m could be possible... However building an information centre here would be more inconvenient than on franklin street... Hope your wrong tybalt, hope your wrong...

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#58 Post by Will » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:27 pm

West of the skate park on North Terrace, means that it will be west of Morphett Street. However a tour of the area reveals that the majority of land along North Terrace is taken up by the Uni SA campus, which I doubt will be demolished. I also doubt the Adelaide Day Surgery Centre, the Adelaide Riviera or the new 4-5 level office block will be demolished. This just leaves a warehouse next to HQ as the only possible site along North Terrace west of the skate park.

This in my opinion is a really bad choice of location.

tybalt
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#59 Post by tybalt » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:06 pm

From what I gathered it would be west of the skate park on the trainline side... not on the the UniSA side...

I'd rather see it in the west end over nearby Light Square or a few streets south (where the tramiline will be directed back through to link with Victoria Sqaure (according to TSA website)) but it sounds like TSA are committed to a new building if plans are underway.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#60 Post by AtD » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:29 pm

I know of one empty building in the area, next to Embassy. I used to be occupied by UniSA, but seems to be vacant now.