[PRO] 124-126 Franklin Street | 87m | 26 Lvls | Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[PRO] Re: 124-126 Franklin Street | 86m | 26 Lvls | Apartments

#181 Post by Ben » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:17 pm

So we now know what GHS real name is. Hi James

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#182 Post by Jaymz » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:48 pm

Ben wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:17 pm
So we now know what GHS real name is. Hi James

Huh?? Not sure where you're going with that one Ben.

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#183 Post by SBD » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:20 pm

ghs wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:57 pm
Jaymz wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:29 am
how good is he wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:06 pm
Yes but what if the buyers slow up take of a development is the problem? The developers could also say the buyers need to get their act into gear (if they want things to happen).
Well the whole of S.A needs to get our act together with regards to our extremely low population growth rate (even lower than usual last place holder, Tasmania). The only way to do that is get the economy firing on all cylinders, preferably in the private sector. People go where the jobs are.

Governments and councils can artificially inflate the market with policies and incentives for a while, maybe convince people from the suburbs to move into the city. But nothing gets construction moving faster than when demand outstrips supply. And population growth creates demand.
Some good points there Jaymz, I particulary like the 'preferably in the private sector' comment. We need career opportunities, not jobs in the public service. There was a lot of fanfare a couple of weeks ago with the space agency announcement but it's only going to result in 20 public servants sitting on North Terrace doing nothing. I am sorry, but that's not a career.
I expect that those 20 public servants will be doing project management, promotion, and coordination. The "real work" will be done by the private sector, hopefully a lot of small businesses in South Australia.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

[PRO] Re: [APP] Re: 124-126 Franklin Street | 86m | 26 Lvls | Apartments

#184 Post by citywatcher » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:55 pm

SBD wrote:
ghs wrote:
Jaymz wrote:
Well the whole of S.A needs to get our act together with regards to our extremely low population growth rate (even lower than usual last place holder, Tasmania). The only way to do that is get the economy firing on all cylinders, preferably in the private sector. People go where the jobs are.

Governments and councils can artificially inflate the market with policies and incentives for a while, maybe convince people from the suburbs to move into the city. But nothing gets construction moving faster than when demand outstrips supply. And population growth creates demand.
Some good points there Jaymz, I particulary like the 'preferably in the private sector' comment. We need career opportunities, not jobs in the public service. There was a lot of fanfare a couple of weeks ago with the space agency announcement but it's only going to result in 20 public servants sitting on North Terrace doing nothing. I am sorry, but that's not a career.
I expect that those 20 public servants will be doing project management, promotion, and coordination. The "real work" will be done by the private sector, hopefully a lot of small businesses in South Australia.
Too bad they couldn't get the job done here

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#185 Post by rev » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:06 am

citywatcher wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:55 pm

There’s actually quite a bit that gets done here in SA, and more will be happening.

Here’s one example.
https://www.sasic.sa.gov.au/media/news/ ... s-in-orbit
Fleet Space Technologies even has a control centre at their Beverly office.

A couple more..
http://www.fullartonbio.com
http://myriota.com
https://www.inovor.com.au
http://www.sitael.com - Italy’s biggest space company has setup in Adelaide. Not Melbourne or Sydney, Adelaide.

Southern Launch also based here in Adelaide is going to build a launch facility on the Eyre peninsula, the first commercial facility in Australia.

SBD

#186 Post by SBD » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:43 am

This thread should probably be moved to either Lot 14 or a separate space thread.
rev wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:06 am
citywatcher wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:55 pm

There’s actually quite a bit that gets done here in SA, and more will be happening.

Here’s one example.
https://www.sasic.sa.gov.au/media/news/ ... s-in-orbit
Fleet Space Technologies even has a control centre at their Beverly office.

A couple more..
http://www.fullartonbio.com
http://myriota.com
https://www.inovor.com.au
http://www.sitael.com - Italy’s biggest space company has setup in Adelaide. Not Melbourne or Sydney, Adelaide.

Southern Launch also based here in Adelaide is going to build a launch facility on the Eyre peninsula, the first commercial facility in Australia.
Does every state have a Space School like the one that has been running here for twenty years or so? A bunch of year tens spend a week of their school holidays learning about and visiting employers. There are also a range of companies currently seen as “Defence Contractors” who would have relevant skills, experience , expertise as well as ones from the automotive industry that could be looking to diversify.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#187 Post by Jaymz » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:41 pm

SBD wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:20 pm
ghs wrote:
Jaymz wrote:

We'll see. Let's hope.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#188 Post by Jaymz » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:01 am

Let me be clear. I'm not being negative, just being a realist. Our population growth is dismal compared to the rest of mainland Australia. If it wasn't for overseas migration (inflated by federal policies) then SA would actually be in decline. We have more ppl leaving than we gain, have done for the past 30 years!

Since the 80's we've gone from 13 Federal seat to 10 now! Do I have a solution? No. Well beyond my powers. My best response is to stay here when I'm happy.

SBD

#189 Post by SBD » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:29 am

Jaymz wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:01 am

Since the 80's we've gone from 13 Federal seat to 10 now! Do I have a solution? No. Well beyond my powers. My best response is to stay here when I'm happy.
I believe our population has still grown, just not as fast as other places so the lower house seat allocation has changed.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#190 Post by Jaymz » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:49 am

SBD wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:29 am
Jaymz wrote:

I believe our population has still grown, just not as fast as other places so the lower house seat allocation has changed.
Correct. By Western country standards S.A's population has grown at quite a normal rate, just that the other states of Australia have grown much faster..... mostly due to increased overseas migration. Our natural increase (births v deaths) is negligible, a trend that is common in developed countries.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#191 Post by ml69 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:12 am

Jaymz wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:49 am
SBD wrote:
Jaymz wrote:

Correct. By Western country standards S.A's population has grown at quite a normal rate, just that the other states of Australia have grown much faster..... mostly due to increased overseas migration. Our natural increase (births v deaths) is negligible, a trend that is common in developed countries.
Not just that ... SA has suffered a net interstate migration loss for decades.

However, I’ve noticed (at least amongst my group of friends) an increase in the number of ex-Adelaideans returning permanently in recent months to live here. And they’ve found work in Adelaide before returning here. Has anyone else has noticed an uptick in people returning to Adelaide?

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#192 Post by Mpol03 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:21 am

Yes I have. Me being one of them.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#193 Post by Ben » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:12 am

I see a lot of people move in their 20s and come back in their 30s. Anyway this should be moved to the pub. Has nothing to do with this development.

Waewick

#194 Post by Waewick » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:01 pm

ml69 wrote:
Jaymz wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:49 am
SBD wrote:
Not just that ... SA has suffered a net interstate migration loss for decades.

However, I’ve noticed (at least amongst my group of friends) an increase in the number of ex-Adelaideans returning permanently in recent months to live here. And they’ve found work in Adelaide before returning here. Has anyone else has noticed an uptick in people returning to Adelaide?
Yep. Irritatingly they are taking jobs I'm going for.

AdelaideGold
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#195 Post by AdelaideGold » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:25 pm

I'm one of them mate, although using my long service leave from my Sydney job so will be looking for work soon! Adelaides ripining nicely right now