[CAN] 322 KWS - Echelon | 114m | 2 x 31 Lvls | Mixed Use

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Blimp
High Rise Poster!

[CAN] Re: 322 King William Street | ~100m | 2 x 30 Lvls | Mixed Us

#61 Post by Blimp » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:33 am

The office & retail components of this one are now listed on real commercial, which also features this render (see attached).

Source: http://www.realcommercial.com.au/proper ... ngType=buy
Attachments
KWS.jpg
KWS.jpg (97.25 KiB) Viewed 3517 times

Dvious
Legendary Member!

#62 Post by Dvious » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:44 am

I like it. The podium level looks much better than at first. Would be stellar if both towers were 50 levels each but hey!

phenom
High Rise Poster!

#63 Post by phenom » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:48 am

Dvious wrote:I like it. The podium level looks much better than at first. Would be stellar if both towers were 50 levels each but hey!
Agreed - this looks like a huge improvement on the podium level design from the first two (?) renders.

I also agree that the design of this would easily suit something much taller but I'm Ok with 'twin towers' at 100m. I like that these look (from the renders) more like a sleek office tower (balconies set in) but I guess we'll see how it evolves.

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#64 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:13 pm

This is one of those rare cases where I say, built it now! The podium may be a little high for it's surrounds but the ground level street activation looks great.

Algernon

#65 Post by Algernon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:20 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:This is one of those rare cases where I say, built it now! The podium may be a little high for it's surrounds but the ground level street activation looks great.
Back when the lunatics ran the asylum that podium was too high for that half of the city full stop. :lol:

[Shuz]

#66 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:47 pm

I count 29 levels and architectural feature accounting for at least 4m height. Quite possibly 100m tall.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

noted
High Rise Poster!

#67 Post by noted » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:12 pm

Looks great, and will make a huge impact especially with Kodo going up nearby as well. Mind you this design also shows up what an average design Kodo is with that tacky colour scheme and that prominent blank wall. One out of two ain't bad I suppose, or should that be two out of three....

Patrick_27

#68 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:30 pm

With a lack of demand, one of these larger scale (in terms of height) apartment developments is going to have to cave... Kodo's construction will commence shortly, so I doubt it will be that... The Sofitel building on Currie Street is moving forward (construction will start soon, I hope), that leaves the Park Hotel on Pirie Street and this. Despite how many apartments the Park Hotel building will have on offer, the fact that they've apparently signed a deal with Park Hotel Group tells me that they don't plan on walking away from the project... Unfortunately, I see it being this one taking the fall, even though there isn't that many apartments across the whole development, I simply can't see them doing well with their apartment and office sales. Will happily be proven wrong mind you, maybe if these guys get in before the GPO development (which with a 2018 completion date, seems likely) their office spaces will be snatched up quickly.

Nathan

#69 Post by Nathan » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:00 am

Isn't this one aimed more at retirees? It might well carve out its own niche in the apartment market.

noted
High Rise Poster!

#70 Post by noted » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:34 am

That's right, bit of a different market to the others- especially Kodo. I walked past the old Trims site the other day and the current tennant is having a demolition sale. Obviously you can't place too much stock in that, but at least it shows that so far everything is on track.

floplo
High Rise Poster!

#71 Post by floplo » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:37 am

noted wrote:That's right, bit of a different market to the others- especially Kodo. I walked past the old Trims site the other day and the current tennant is having a demolition sale. Obviously you can't place too much stock in that, but at least it shows that so far everything is on track.
That 'demolition' sale is going on since February....

the main competition for this one will be the Brougham project in North Adelaide, so the question is whether the city is big enough for two of these....

adel aide
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#72 Post by adel aide » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Don't forget the 250 apartments just approved on South Tce as well. From what I have heard, they are also going to be targeting the downsizer market. It appears that there will be more of these developments targeting that segment and I fear that supply will outweigh demand.
Whilst we haven't seen any plans or prices for these apartments, the way Karidis has been talking it up about the luxury aspects and 24hr concierge, etc, I would expect he will be pricing them at the top of the market. Is this section of KWS really that attractive to downsizers anyway?? Vue managed to sell well through the Ironfish machine to predominantly investors and no doubt a bunch of FHB's but I would expect wealthy downsizers will be far more discerning when looking at downsize options.

Algernon

#73 Post by Algernon » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:06 pm

adel aide wrote:Don't forget the 250 apartments just approved on South Tce as well. From what I have heard, they are also going to be targeting the downsizer market. It appears that there will be more of these developments targeting that segment and I fear that supply will outweigh demand.
Whilst we haven't seen any plans or prices for these apartments, the way Karidis has been talking it up about the luxury aspects and 24hr concierge, etc, I would expect he will be pricing them at the top of the market. Is this section of KWS really that attractive to downsizers anyway?? Vue managed to sell well through the Ironfish machine to predominantly investors and no doubt a bunch of FHB's but I would expect wealthy downsizers will be far more discerning when looking at downsize options.
It has a tram to take old fogies to 2/3 of the most important places in their lives - the new hospital and Glenelg. And if the grand children live along the tram line that makes 3/3.

adel aide
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#74 Post by adel aide » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:27 am

I can only assume that is tongue in cheek - otherwise, I think you might be misjudging the demographic they are seeking! These are mobile downsizers that probably have nice cars that they like to use so I don't think the tram is much of a drawcard. Their private health will probably lead them to a hospital other than the new RAH and their beach house on the Fleurieu probably means that they could care less for Glenelg!!!

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#75 Post by rev » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:57 pm

Blimp wrote:The office & retail components of this one are now listed on real commercial, which also features this render (see attached).

Source: http://www.realcommercial.com.au/proper ... ngType=buy

Much better then the other two renders.