[CAN] 322 KWS - Echelon | 114m | 2 x 31 Lvls | Mixed Use

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[CAN] Re: 322 KWS - Echelon | 114m | 2 x 31 Lvls | Mixed Use

#181 Post by ghs » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:42 pm

Well if greek people are dishonest then obviously Australian people are not going to like it.

Would you be friends with a person who wants to take advantage of you ?

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#182 Post by Ben » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:52 pm

ghs wrote:Construction to start early next year. I'll believe that when I see it. Remember that Karidis is greek.

Correct me if I am wrong but the showroom for this project has just opened over the last few weeks.
So after just a month or two they're going to close the showroom and start construction ?
Besides from the casual racism the showroom is in a completely separate building so I'm not sure why you think it would need to close when construction starts. It was built there for this exact reason.

arki
High Rise Poster!

#183 Post by arki » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Many of my Greek and Italian friends say they experience racism in Adelaide even as third generation children of migrants. I always thought there was no way this could be true after 60 years of assimilation and their highly evident contributions to the Australian lifestyle and culture fabric.

Well congratulations to ghs for proving me wrong on that. :(

ghs

#184 Post by ghs » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:26 pm

There's quite a few users on this forum (in the Le cornu thread) who have been negative towards Makris due to
him being dishonest / dodgy.

Con Polites who was also greek didn't have the best reputation. I remember as a kid one family friend said
once 'He is more of a Con then he is polite.'

Some Australian people are negative towards Greek / Italian people but there are good reasons for
it. They're not always honest.

Patrick_27

#185 Post by Patrick_27 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:27 pm

ghs, I can't speak for your comments on Polites but in regards to Makris, you have no idea what you're talking about. Speaking as someone who knows the guy, he's not the friendliest person around but he's certainly not dishonest, in-fact quite the opposite. He'd certainly put you in your place if you made such comments regarding Greek people in-front of him, which let's be real here, you won't because right now you're safely behind your computer screen. :wink:

Matt
Legendary Member!

#186 Post by Matt » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:28 pm

Here's some honesty for you:

Give the racist garbage a rest. You're making a complete dick of yourself.

ghs

#187 Post by ghs » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:53 pm

I don't have a problem with people from other countries but I do have a problem with people
who are dishonest. Makris has been talking about developing the Lecornu site for years but
nothing has happened. He was also in trouble in greece a few years ago :

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 02e2520bdf

YellowRoad
Gold-Member ;)

#188 Post by YellowRoad » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:29 pm

Getting back on topic, the original post for this development depicts two other buildings to presumably be built along with the twin towers. Any updates on these buildings? I Wouldn't be fussed if that average looking concrete building never saw daylight, however the slim hotel has some merit too it.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#189 Post by rev » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:33 pm

ghs wrote:There's quite a few users on this forum (in the Le cornu thread) who have been negative towards Makris due to
him being dishonest / dodgy.

Con Polites who was also greek didn't have the best reputation. I remember as a kid one family friend said
once 'He is more of a Con then he is polite.'

Some Australian people are negative towards Greek / Italian people but there are good reasons for
it. They're not always honest.
I'm of Greek background, but I guess because my parents were born in another country, that means I'm not a real Australian like you, even though I was born here.

Iain Mott, Jed Raymond Coffey, Michelle Kay Hack. These are 3 of 6 police officers busted during a police sting targeting corrupt police. They were caught stealing from mock drug houses.
Take note of the names. Anglo Saxons.

Three corrupt officers, guilty of stealing and other offences.

You have a whinge about Makris failure to develop a site and link it to his ethnicity.
Well let me play that game too.
Just like those three corrupt dodgy Anglo Saxon cops, you're corrupt and dodgy too.

Or should I assume since you are either from a Catholic or Anglican family, you must be a pedo like most of your denominations priests?

You might be an intolerant racist whose been raised that way in/by an obviously racist family(judging by your comment), but don't project your racist stupidity onto the rest of the state, to try and excuse your racism.

And if you want, let's meet up on the weekend and you can make your racist remarks face to face. I promise I'll leave my 500 first cousins out of it. We can have a coffee or a yiros or maybe some Chinese. My shout.

Oh btw, people being critical of Makris and the whole lecornu saga, aren't beige racist. There's a difference between your blatant racism and their criticism of the failure to develop the lecornu site. One is warranted one isn't..I'll let you guess which.
Last edited by rev on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rev

#190 Post by rev » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:36 pm

ghs wrote:I don't have a problem with people from other countries but I do have a problem with people
who are dishonest. Makris has been talking about developing the Lecornu site for years but
nothing has happened. He was also in trouble in greece a few years ago :

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 02e2520bdf
Get out you don't have a problem with people different from you.
You just made your whole post about a guy's ethnicity and even mentioned another guy whose long dead now, and made a whole point about how Greeks and Italians are al dodgy.

rev

#191 Post by rev » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:38 pm

YellowRoad wrote:Getting back on topic, the original post for this development depicts two other buildings to presumably be built along with the twin towers. Any updates on these buildings? I Wouldn't be fussed if that average looking concrete building never saw daylight, however the slim hotel has some merit too it.
Are you sure?
Maybe I missed it being distracted by the main towers

rev

#192 Post by rev » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:44 pm

ghs wrote:Well if greek people are dishonest then obviously Australian people are not going to like it.

Would you be friends with a person who wants to take advantage of you ?
You know that proposal for a new tallest on Frome, a Samaras is behind that. They're Greek too.
Surprised you haven't mentioned them in your racist babbling.

I suppose at least we don't have to hear about valleys of death and all your usual doom and gloom bullshit.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#193 Post by Norman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:13 am

YellowRoad wrote:Getting back on topic, the original post for this development depicts two other buildings to presumably be built along with the twin towers. Any updates on these buildings? I Wouldn't be fussed if that average looking concrete building never saw daylight, however the slim hotel has some merit too it.
I believe they are placeholders, they are not part of this development.

floplo
High Rise Poster!

#194 Post by floplo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:31 am

Norman wrote:
I believe they are placeholders, they are not part of this development.
If I understood the sales rep correctly, at least the slim building is still on the cards down the line. Didn't really talk about details, it was mostly to confirm that the plans for that building imply that it's only 20 floors or so, meaning it doesn't block the views from the apartment floors of the main tower.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#195 Post by monotonehell » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:36 am

And again, second day in a row I've had to have conversations with people.

I thought this could go unsaid, but apparently not.

Just like personal attacks, sweeping generalisations based on race, sexuality, etc are not acceptable.

The idea that since some people act a certain way, and belong to a larger group, then all people in that group behave the same way, is a logical fallacy.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.