[VIS] Adelaide Contemporary Art Gallery - Designs on Page 6

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[VIS] Re: [VIS] Re: Adelaide Contemporary Art Gallery - Designs on Page 6

#181 Post by claybro » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:34 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:15 pm
That's the way these clowns operate
They're not really interested
Just out of interest citywatcher...are the libs doing ANYTHING right? :roll:

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

[VIS] Re: Adelaide Contemporary Art Gallery - Designs on Page 6

#182 Post by HiTouch » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:30 pm

The only thing that is going to hold this development back is politics. Mainly orchestrated by none other than the South Australian Labor Party!!

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

[VIS] Re: [VIS] Re: [VIS] Re: Adelaide Contemporary Art Gallery - Designs on Page 6

#183 Post by citywatcher » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:56 pm

claybro wrote:
citywatcher wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:15 pm
That's the way these clowns operate
They're not really interested
Just out of interest citywatcher...are the libs doing ANYTHING right? :roll:
No

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

[VIS] Re: [VIS] Re: Adelaide Contemporary Art Gallery - Designs on Page 6

#184 Post by citywatcher » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:57 pm

HiTouch wrote:The only thing that is going to hold this development back is politics. Mainly orchestrated by none other than the South Australian Labor Party!!
How you come to that conclusion is fucken beyond me
Probably beyond you too

Spurdo
High Rise Poster!

#185 Post by Spurdo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:14 pm

You people do realise that the whole process of demolishing/decontaminating the site is expected to take until around 2020/2021 right?

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#186 Post by citywatcher » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:41 pm

Yes
It has Been stated by Marshall earliest build is 2022 assuming the clean up proceeds

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#187 Post by SBD » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:21 pm

Raider wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:48 am
It still worries me to hear the combination of a contemporary & aboriginal art gallery. If the aboriginal displays are to be genuine artworks and not artifacts from the museum's collection, then I've no problem. I'm concerned the government will think that a contemporary art gallery is an appropriate place to display historical artifacts and not just artworks. They are two very different things.
Isn't the contemporary art gallery plan an project of the Art gallery of South Australia, and the Indigenous artefacts thing is a project of the South Australian Museum? I imagine there is overlap in the potential collections, as indigenous people did not stop (or start) making artworks just because there were white people around. There are two different institutions next door to each other on North Terrace, and they both want more space to spread out some aspect of their collection. A bit further along are two education institutions, and they have both built new facilities further west on North Terrace without tripping on each other, so I have no problem with idea of both the SAM and the AGSA creating something new on the old hospital site, and complementing each other as they do now.

madelaide
Gold-Member ;)

#188 Post by madelaide » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:10 am

really looking forward to this moving forward with Aboriginal leadership and legitimacy...

https://indaily.com.au/news/2020/11/06/ ... o-reality/

AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!

#189 Post by AndyWelsh » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:13 pm

Update on the Aboriginal Cultures Centre:

https://indaily.com.au/news/2021/01/11/ ... es-centre/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NTRabbit
High Rise Poster!

#190 Post by NTRabbit » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:32 pm

SBD wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:21 pm
Isn't the contemporary art gallery plan an project of the Art gallery of South Australia, and the Indigenous artefacts thing is a project of the South Australian Museum? I imagine there is overlap in the potential collections, as indigenous people did not stop (or start) making artworks just because there were white people around. There are two different institutions next door to each other on North Terrace, and they both want more space to spread out some aspect of their collection. A bit further along are two education institutions, and they have both built new facilities further west on North Terrace without tripping on each other, so I have no problem with idea of both the SAM and the AGSA creating something new on the old hospital site, and complementing each other as they do now.
The Contemporary Art Gallery plan was a project of the Art Gallery of South Australia.

The Indigenous Museum plan was a project of the South Australian Museum and I'm pretty sure Tandanya in partnership.

The Indigenous Art Gallery was an NT State Government project that was launched at SA by the Federal Libs in a round of pork barreling when some opposing indigenous stakeholders in Alice Springs reached a stalemate (the chosen build location was a football oval, so the 'ar sports' sections immediately withdrew support), that the state Libs latched onto because it was free money, and petty partisanship meant they were refusing to continue the "Labor" gallery even though Labor had nothing to do with it beyond approving it.