[COM] 295-297 Pirie Street | 60m | 16 Levels | Apartments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: 295-297 Pirie Street | 61m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#31 Post by Wayno » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:43 pm

Nathan wrote:
Ben wrote:I think you guys may have forgotten or maybe unaware checkmates is relocating to Grote street near Central Adelaide apartment development actually so that site is also like to be redeveloped.
Moving diagonally across the city? Must be a bishop.
Comment of the month. Love it...
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

CDJ
High Rise Poster!

#32 Post by CDJ » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:11 pm

Yes I think it's in pre-lodgement.
Last edited by CDJ on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#33 Post by Ben » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:29 pm

Thanks for the info. Do you know where abouts on Pirie? Is it the site next to aurora? I know there is a proposal coming up for there.

adel aide
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#34 Post by adel aide » Sun May 01, 2016 2:48 pm

RoiMartel wrote:I'm with you guys in giving this one a big thumbs up. :applause: I especially like how the upper floor 3 bed apartments all come with an internal dedicated storage room inside the apartment. Good planning.
I'm a big fan of the East End but I'm still a bit 'iffy' on that part of Pirie street though.
I find it interesting that you point out the inclusion of dedicated storage rooms for the top floor apartments - although I agree this would be very useful for these apartments, it covers just 6 of 150 apartments in the development. Have you also noted that none of the remaining 144 apartments even appear to have laundry provisions, let alone a linen and/or broom cupboard! The bathrooms are too small to include a washing machine which means the laundry would have to be in the already small kitchens. Hopefully there is a laundromat close by!!
The application points out the amount of internal storage within the apartments as being sufficient to not require the provision of a storage cage or otherwise in the carpark. From what I can tell, the storage space they are referring to would be the wardrobes in the bedrooms.

Will be interesting to see the pricing of these apartments when they hit the market but I expect they will need to be very aggressive to get these away.

RoiMartel
Gold-Member ;)

#35 Post by RoiMartel » Sun May 01, 2016 3:53 pm

adel aide wrote:
RoiMartel wrote:I'm with you guys in giving this one a big thumbs up. :applause: I especially like how the upper floor 3 bed apartments all come with an internal dedicated storage room inside the apartment. Good planning.
I'm a big fan of the East End but I'm still a bit 'iffy' on that part of Pirie street though.
I find it interesting that you point out the inclusion of dedicated storage rooms for the top floor apartments - although I agree this would be very useful for these apartments, it covers just 6 of 150 apartments in the development. Have you also noted that none of the remaining 144 apartments even appear to have laundry provisions, let alone a linen and/or broom cupboard! The bathrooms are too small to include a washing machine which means the laundry would have to be in the already small kitchens. Hopefully there is a laundromat close by!!
The application points out the amount of internal storage within the apartments as being sufficient to not require the provision of a storage cage or otherwise in the carpark. From what I can tell, the storage space they are referring to would be the wardrobes in the bedrooms.

Will be interesting to see the pricing of these apartments when they hit the market but I expect they will need to be very aggressive to get these away.
What is it with this forum that encourages angry people to hack someone's post to pieces from their darkened bedrooms.

I find it interesting that you point out the inclusion of dedicated storage rooms for the top floor apartments - although I agree this would be very useful for these apartments, it covers just 6 of 150 apartments in the development.
Yes, and that's why I mentioned just those apartments.

Have you also noted that none of the remaining 144 apartments even appear to have laundry provisions, let alone a linen and/or broom cupboard!
Yes, and that's why I mentioned those 3 bed apartments as being well planned. As I have lived in apartments, I know how such a feature is a valuable and desired asset.

The bathrooms are too small to include a washing machine which means the laundry would have to be in the already small kitchens.
Firstly, its to hard to see really from the plans how small the bathrooms are.
Secondly, washing machines in kitchen cupboards has been a successful design feature in a multitude of small apartments.

This development is probably not for you.
I like the building design and I'm sure if correctly priced, the apartments will appeal to some investor/buyers and it will sell.

But listen; what's with the 'have you also noted.....' Of course I'd noticed that. Who the hell are you? Why do you feel the need to aggressively attack someone's post? If you don't like the development then put your own post up, but don't use someone else's comments as a platform for your own angered agenda.
Get a life.
Last edited by RoiMartel on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#36 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:12 am

adel aide wrote:

Like a lot of student accommodation buildings, perhaps there might be a coin laundry for residents located somewhere on the ground level of the building? Otherwise, they're stuffed. There's only two Laundromats left in the CBD.

adel aide
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#37 Post by adel aide » Mon May 02, 2016 10:43 am

Hi RoiMartel
Firstly, I apologise if I offended you - it was not my intention. I was merely looking to stimulate some discussion around the actual apartments rather than just the building and the location and, based on your previous comments of having lived in apartments as I have, I would think that you would understand some of the issues that I have pointed out.
And it is not just about this proposal but the same could be argued for most proposals in Adelaide currently.
One of my main concerns with the increasing number of developments being proposed for Adelaide at the moment is the overriding focus of DAC (and the majority of people on this forum - no offence intended) on the building structure and aesthetics and seemingly little regard for the internal amenity and liveability of the apartments themselves. As part of the design review process, why isn't someone on the "expert panel" asking questions of the architect and developer about where the laundry will be and ensure some minimum standards for things like storage in the apartments aside from just the wardrobes.
It seems like it is a model that works for international students (who perhaps don't have much "stuff") but there has to be a limit on that market and the quality of some of these apartments doesn't seem to support the push for encouraging more people to relocate from the burbs to the city.
Just my two bobs worth.

floplo
High Rise Poster!

#38 Post by floplo » Mon May 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Somebody else might be able to point you towards the actual regulations, but if you skim the application documents there are certain requirements about minimum size, private spaces, light, storage, etc as well. I guess that these are usually defined as minimum requirements, and from a developer's perspective it is a trade-off between higher costs for more extensive apartments and what they can charge for it. And seemingly, the market seems to favor smaller apartments rather than more expensive ones.

Algernon

#39 Post by Algernon » Wed May 04, 2016 3:25 pm

My experience of living overseas tells me that Aussies have an entirely irrational approach to laundry space. They need a dedicated laundry, complete with a fancy looking sink they never use. All to house a washing machine which lives comfortably in a cupboard in kitchens the world over. :hilarious:

Nathan

#40 Post by Nathan » Wed May 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Algernon wrote:My experience of living overseas tells me that Aussies have an entirely irrational approach to laundry space. They need a dedicated laundry, complete with a fancy looking sink they never use. All to house a washing machine which lives comfortably in a cupboard in kitchens the world over. :hilarious:
The floor plan for our apartment originally had a seperate laundry, adjacent to the main bathroom. We asked them to modify it and combine the two — which allowed us to just have the laundry stuff down one end with a screen across it, and replace the shower with a bath. Made much more sense.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#41 Post by Ben » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Hoarding was going up on one of these buildings and the other was being gutted.

serca
High Rise Poster!

#42 Post by serca » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:50 pm

Geez thats quick already.

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM] Re: 295-297 Pirie Street | 60m | 16 Levels | Apartments

#43 Post by wilkiebarkid » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:50 pm

In the newspaper this morning, pencilled in for construction commencement in the second quarter of 2017.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#44 Post by Will » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:00 pm

Website is now ready to take registrations of interest.

They have also placed an ad for this on a tram.

http://www.eastendliving.com.au/

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#45 Post by crawf » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:19 pm

Brilliant marketing!