[COM] 20 Toms Court | 49m | 14 Levels | Hotel

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Jaymz
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: 20 Toms Court | 49m | 14 Levels | Hotel

#76 Post by Jaymz » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:04 pm

Wow. Just over 5 months from slab to top out! A real testament to the build quality :lol:

Who's the operator for this supposed hotel? I went back through the thread and it hasn't been mentioned.

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#77 Post by gnrc_louis » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:30 pm

A picture from the Synergy LinkedIn page: https://media-exp1.licdn.com/dms/image/ ... bSnA8-T3j4

PeFe
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#78 Post by PeFe » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:59 pm

Great view of the Adelaide skyline in the background....thank God you can't actually see Tom's Court!

noted
High Rise Poster!

#79 Post by noted » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:55 pm

PeFe wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:59 pm
Great view of the Adelaide skyline in the background....thank God you can't actually see Tom's Court!
Agreed. I hadn't been down that part of the city for a while, but drove past it today. This thing looks horrific when driving south down King William from Victoria Square.

I didn't think anything else could rival Dwell but this does imo.

EBG

#80 Post by EBG » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:03 pm

There still appears to bee a lot of work to be done on the side facing King William st

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#81 Post by Ben » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:48 am

The crane is coming down in the next week or so.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#82 Post by Ben » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:41 pm

Crane started coming down today

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#83 Post by gnrc_louis » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:40 pm

This will be a dedicated quarantine facility for returned travelers who test positive for Covid: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-01/ ... d/13025812

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#84 Post by HiTouch » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:28 pm

gnrc_louis wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:40 pm
This will be a dedicated quarantine facility for returned travelers who test positive for Covid: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-01/ ... d/13025812
How horrible for our community. Send the outsiders to the desert to fend for themselves.

SBD

#85 Post by SBD » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:45 pm

HiTouch wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:28 pm
gnrc_louis wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:40 pm
How horrible for our community. Send the outsiders to the desert to fend for themselves.
But they aren't "outsiders". Most are South Australians attempting to return home. The quarantine hotels need to be close enough to the RAH to provide high-level care if their condition deteriorates.

LMB
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#86 Post by LMB » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:10 pm

Actually that's not true.
Most are returning "Australians". Only a tiny percentage are South Australians.
35000 people to bring home - only a few are South Aussies but we will still be accommodating travellers in medi hotels until everyone is home.

All states are taking a share of returning travellers in their capitals. It''s just the luck of the draw as to which capital they fly into.
Once out of quarantine they head to their own state via domestic flight.

Algernon

#87 Post by Algernon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:03 pm

LMB wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:10 pm
35000 people to bring home - only a few are South Aussies but we will still be accommodating travellers in medi hotels until everyone is home.

All states are taking a share of returning travellers in their capitals. It''s just the luck of the draw as to which capital they fly into.
When I checked about 4 months ago, there were over 40,000 Australian citizens in line to go home. The government said they aimed to have them back by Christmas but obviously never happened. I never officially joined the queue because I knew it was basically impossible and I know a few others who gave up and have either extended their residency in Europe or otherwise been granted permission to overstay due to the corona restrictions (the country I'm in basically granted indefinite stays because people were stuck). We just gotta ride it out unfortunately. Australia is going damned well so far. Where I am it's a fucking disaster zone with our city's exhibition hall converted into a field hospital.

SBD

#88 Post by SBD » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:19 pm

Algernon wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:03 pm
LMB wrote:

When I checked about 4 months ago, there were over 40,000 Australian citizens in line to go home. The government said they aimed to have them back by Christmas but obviously never happened. I never officially joined the queue because I knew it was basically impossible and I know a few others who gave up and have either extended their residency in Europe or otherwise been granted permission to overstay due to the corona restrictions (the country I'm in basically granted indefinite stays because people were stuck). We just gotta ride it out unfortunately. Australia is going damned well so far. Where I am it's a fucking disaster zone with our city's exhibition hall converted into a field hospital.
If there is a queue, it might be worth you joining it just in case. It was on the news today that there are more people flying out of Australia than in to it, with the suggestion that the will all want to return, rather than my assumption that that they were making one way trips to their countries of citizenship.

Algernon

#89 Post by Algernon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:56 pm

SBD wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:19 pm
Algernon wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:03 pm
LMB wrote:

If there is a queue, it might be worth you joining it just in case. It was on the news today that there are more people flying out of Australia than in to it, with the suggestion that the will all want to return, rather than my assumption that that they were making one way trips to their countries of citizenship.
It depends on one's circumstances. For me, my primary concern is the ability to travel at short notice to Australia if a family member becomes sick or worse. Being able to travel like this won't happen in the current circumstances, so I just gotta ride this thing out. Until there is a global vaccination effort and/or introduction of covid vaccination certificates and an internationally agreed protocol on this, international travel will remain in this state and quarantine hotels will be a solid business...

By the way, by the term "queue", all people are really doing is referring to there being more wanting to travel than is permitted. I don't think there's an actual line where you take a number. The key constraint is a federal cap on the number of arrivals which in turn is determined by the quarantine hotel capacity. The government set a cap on arrivals, they calculate the "waiting list" as being the total number trying to get in divided by that capacity. In reality for an individual traveller, there's no system to this. I know some people who bought their tickets 9 months in advance, their reso is cancelled the day before flight. Others 2 months in advance, they flew. Pot luck.