News & Discussion: Squares and Parklands

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
how good is he
Legendary Member!

Re: News & Discussion: Squares and Parklands

#571 Post by how good is he » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:23 pm

Or of course you, as the owner, could spend $20m just on repairs of your old house and continue to lose say $1m per year on maintaining it or of course build a new house for $60m - $100m and probably continue to lose even more money & faster. Oh btw, at anytime if you have got any other takers/any better option, lets hear it and by all means, please go right ahead and take it. [and btw, I'm not an AFC supporter].

bits
Legendary Member!

#572 Post by bits » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:28 pm

AFC has shown its concept plan and I believe ACC is working through if there is legal and community support for that idea now.

I don't think it offers anything great to the community but my opinion is not the only one that matters. My opinion barely matters at the best of times ;)

I don't believe it is at all right for ACC to make any suggestion about what it wants from AFC when it was AFC that initiated the idea.
Giving a list of requirements starts suggesting that if those minimum requirements are met this will be built.
It suggests that ACC has investigated that it is the best way to deliver a swimming centre and will not end with people claiming a corrupt government doing under the table deals.
It also starts suggesting this is a tender that all other private companies should have access to. Perhaps Thomas Foods wants a new HQ and could handle charging for a public pool also.

Nort
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#573 Post by Nort » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:13 pm

Given that Citywatcher was complaining about how the parklands aren't of a good enough quality a couple of days ago and is complaining about people caring too much about them today I suspect they may actually be multiple personalities.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#574 Post by citywatcher » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:41 pm

Nort wrote:Given that Citywatcher was complaining about how the parklands aren't of a good enough quality a couple of days ago and is complaining about people caring too much about them today I suspect they may actually be multiple personalities.
I was stating that parts of the parklands are rubbish. Is that not caring for them?
Is it caring for them to try and stop a development that will bring up to scratch a run down part of those same parklands?
Honestly you wonder about the mentality of some people on here.
Multiple personalities would probably be an improvement for them .

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

bits
Legendary Member!

#575 Post by bits » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:12 pm

I don't mind the attacks, I think they only strengthen what I am saying.
When an argument is weak and lacking facts it is typical to resort to attacking the man instead of the subject.
Posts that lack simple presentation skills such as punctuation also assist the opposite side.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#576 Post by citywatcher » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:54 pm

bits wrote:I don't mind the attacks, I think they only strengthen what I am saying.
When an argument is weak and lacking facts it is typical to resort to attacking the man instead of the subject.
Posts that lack simple presentation skills such as punctuation also assist the opposite side.
Just to prove you're a complete nufty
We actually pointed out facts
You didn't
Which is why you personally got derided too
Now you are acting holier than thou
Sad

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#577 Post by Eurostar » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:01 pm

citywatcher wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:54 pm
bits wrote:I don't mind the attacks, I think they only strengthen what I am saying.
Just to prove you're a complete nufty
We actually pointed out facts
You didn't
Which is why you personally got derided too
Now you are acting holier than thou
Sad

Give it a rest the both of you and go have a drink

Waewick

#578 Post by Waewick » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:25 pm

Well yes, you are helping a lot.

Happy to play the ball, if you'd bring one.

Joelmark
High Rise Poster!

#579 Post by Joelmark » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:10 pm

The Adelaide Crows (AFC) have put on hold indefinitely their proposal for the redevelopment of the Aquatic Centre site. The detail of the announcement seems to go further with the words "officially withdraw" included. The full statement is on the AFC's hompage.

Nort

#580 Post by Nort » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:47 am

Joelmark wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:10 pm
The Adelaide Crows (AFC) have put on hold indefinitely their proposal for the redevelopment of the Aquatic Centre site. The detail of the announcement seems to go further with the words "officially withdraw" included. The full statement is on the AFC's hompage.
Not overly surprising given the state of things.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#581 Post by how good is he » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:12 pm

Will the ACC still be releasing their own results from their consultation/questionnaire about the Aquatic centre? I would like to see what their plans are say in one year. Do we just expect them to sit on the fence and do nothing anyway?

Algernon

#582 Post by Algernon » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:52 pm

how good is he wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:12 pm
Will the ACC still be releasing their own results from their consultation/questionnaire about the Aquatic centre? I would like to see what their plans are say in one year. Do we just expect them to sit on the fence and do nothing anyway?
Only 4 of the AFL clubs are believed to have the resources to survive the year with no football and no financial bailout. The Crows (or Port for that matter) aren't one of them.

Big cap ex projects are as far from the agenda as can be for the foreseeable future

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#583 Post by how good is he » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:20 pm

I think you misinterpreted me, this is not directed to or expecting anything of the AFL or the AFC. My long term question was to the ACC ~ the Adelaide City Council as owner of the aquatic centre. In particular, I look forward to hearing their plan in one years time (or longer) based on no other options on the table for the long foreseeable future ie so you can forget about the Crows and am looking forward to hearing the ACC plan in the next few years.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#584 Post by SRW » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:14 pm

Well the Commonwealth gave (or was due to give) the Crows $15 million for this, so I wonder if they're holding onto it now they've withdrawn the proposal.
Keep Adelaide Weird

OlympusAnt
High Rise Poster!

#585 Post by OlympusAnt » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:32 pm

This Corona will change the way sporting teams go about this over elaborate upgrades.
Follow me on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/135625678@N06/