News & Developments: Mawson Lakes

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Mawson Lakes - Not just another suburb

#331 Post by bm7500 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:34 am

The Quest Apartments development is almost complete. They are just in the process of installing the lower canopy. It also looks as though this one may have a pool deck too!
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

fishinajar
High Rise Poster!

#332 Post by fishinajar » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:33 am

AtD wrote:That's no different than any other suburb ever built, IMO. The key here is there's density rather than acres of front garden no one uses.
Well said. Amen

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#333 Post by Will » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:01 pm

A new one from realestate.com:

Pulse Apartments

Lot 5 Coventry Street, Mawson Lakes

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#334 Post by AtD » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:02 pm

A seven story building was announced in the local Messenger and spotted by metro_minotaur at SSC - http://digitaledition.nrmessenger.com.a ... _Messenger p14

On the corner of Capital St and Metro Pde, the building will have 38 units, 44 car parks and cost $10m.

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#335 Post by ghs » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:22 pm

Good height but the building looks pretty slim....

38 shoeboxes & 44 car parks.

Omicron

#336 Post by Omicron » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:57 pm

Has anyone had any experience with Mawson Lakes' purple taps? Do things seem to be nice and green all year round?

Nort

#337 Post by Nort » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:50 pm

Omicron wrote:Has anyone had any experience with Mawson Lakes' purple taps? Do things seem to be nice and green all year round?
I live in an apartment a street away from that proposed 7 storey block. We only use the purple tap for the toilet, however lots of gardens around and the park are kept nice and lively. There is actually a water truck that comes around once or twice a week and waters all the small trees with a hose.

ghs

#338 Post by ghs » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:29 pm

wtf is a purple tap ?

Aidan

#339 Post by Aidan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:52 pm

ghs wrote:wtf is a purple tap ?
Recycled water - partly from Bolivar, partly from stormwater.
Just build it wrote:Bye Union Hall. I'll see you in another life, when we are both cats.

Nort

#340 Post by Nort » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:15 am

Like Aidan side, it's recycled water. Not suitable for drinking, but fine for watering gardens and flushing toilets. Most importantly because not many places are using it at the moment there are no water restrictions for Mawson Lakes so long as you are using the recycled water. That doesn't help me so much being in an apartment, but it sure makes for pretty gardens

Prince George
Legendary Member!

#341 Post by Prince George » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:49 am

Nort wrote:
Like Aidan side, it's recycled water. Not suitable for drinking, but fine for watering gardens and flushing toilets. Most importantly because not many places are using it at the moment there are no water restrictions for Mawson Lakes so long as you are using the recycled water. That doesn't help me so much being in an apartment, but it sure makes for pretty gardens
But you say that you're using it in the toilet? That's cool - I'd seriously consider getting some plumbing work done on our place to put grey water into our cistern. Even with a pretty stingy toilet, we must be dumping a few hundred litres of drinking quality water down there every week.

Nort

#342 Post by Nort » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:00 am

Prince George wrote:
Nort wrote:
But you say that you're using it in the toilet? That's cool - I'd seriously consider getting some plumbing work done on our place to put grey water into our cistern. Even with a pretty stingy toilet, we must be dumping a few hundred litres of drinking quality water down there every week.
This is what the taps look like.
Attachments
19022010137.jpg
purple recycled water tap
19022010137.jpg (170.43 KiB) Viewed 2671 times

skyliner

#343 Post by skyliner » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:39 pm

Wayno wrote:While i like the increased density (via height) at Mawson Lakes, i see all these buildings as near-clones, differentiated by a set of fins and/or splashes of bright colour scattered here and there. Sure you need a theme across the suburb, but there's still something missing. Maybe it's because the majority of the buidlings appear as simple cubes with windows, or maybe it's the width of the streets that cancels out the effect of increased height. Maybe it's because the renders look so cheap (as to whether they end up looking cheap in real life is another matter).

Is it just me - or do others feel the same? Sorry for not being able to exactly put my finger on it.
Sorry to get into this discussion so late - I think I know what you are getting at Wayno - take a look at Sydney's inner suburbs around Randwick. Nearly all 4 floors (due to lift expenses if higher) and almost identical. It gives slum potential seeing they are also so close. I accept also that many outer suburbs are very much like this only one floor - probably a function of big developments by one compan as well as 'affordability' seeing i am into architecture, aesthetics and variety, I baulk at this.

SA - STATE ON THE MOVE
Jack.

Hooligan
Legendary Member!

#344 Post by Hooligan » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:14 pm

Nort wrote: This is what the taps look like.
Please post a larger and more difficult to view picture :wink:

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#345 Post by pushbutton » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:57 pm

I'm so glad that the toilet connections have those signs on. The number of times I help myself to a quick glass of toilet water on a hot day I'd get very ill in Mawson Lakes if it weren't for those helpful warning signs.