[COM] Bunnings (ex-Masters) Adelaide Airport

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: Masters Adelaide Airport

#76 Post by The Scooter Guy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:49 pm

Torrens_5022 wrote:If Bunnings set up at Adelaide airport, would they keep the Mile End (South) store? If not what will become of the Mile End (South) site? I think JB-HiFi HOME would be eyeing off the Airport site - the closest Home style store is either Melrose Park or Gepps Cross, JB-HiFi is eyeing off The Good Guys anyway so who knows if this will play into the location of new JB (Home) stores.
So if Bunnings relocated the Mile End (South) store, what would be a good use of the land? I doubt a second homemaker centre would be a good idea - what about residential like apartments - you could build 10+ stories
Flip-Out is opening its first indoor trampoline centre (to rival BounceInc & Latitude) in the former Bunnings Munno Para in early next year.
So another Flip-Out could possibly be a good choice!

Side Note: Before Bunnings came to Mile End, there was Harry's.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

ChillyPhilly

#77 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:31 am

Mile End is one of Bunnings' national flagship stores. It's far and out the best performing location in SA. It won't be moving.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Adeguy72
Gold-Member ;)

#78 Post by Adeguy72 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:30 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:Mile End is one of Bunnings' national flagship stores. It's far and out the best performing location in SA. It won't be moving.
I agree. This store is always busy.

I can't see them closing it. The Masters site at Adelaide Airport would be a successful trading site - captures the market in the western suburbs.
Brucetiki wrote:I agree that Adelaide Airport will become a Bunnings. There isn't another Bunnings close by so it makes logical sense.

As for the two 'Development' sites (I'm assuming that's Parafield and Colonnades), be interesting to see what they become.

Parafield possibly a JB Hi-Fi - though Elizabeth, Gepps Cross and Modbury are all within 15 minutes of the site, and Officeworks is already next door. With Good Guys already at Gepps Cross, probably too close to Parafield to open one there? There isn't a Chemist Warehouse anywhere near Parafield so that'll be a perfect spot for it, along with Spotlight.

There's already a Good Guys and JB Hi Fi in the Noarlunga Centre/Colonnades precinct, so possibly an Anaconda/Chemist Warehouse/Spotlight split?
I am not sure about the sites at Parafield & Noarlunga but my guess is they will be divided up into smaller tenancies. Anaconda would work in both locations, together with Chemist Warehouse & Spotlight, and maybe JB Hifi Home stores?

The Scooter Guy

#79 Post by The Scooter Guy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:16 pm

Adeguy72 wrote:
ChillyPhilly wrote:Mile End is one of Bunnings' national flagship stores. It's far and out the best performing location in SA. It won't be moving.

I can't see them closing it. The Masters site at Adelaide Airport would be a successful trading site - captures the market in the western suburbs.
Brucetiki wrote:I agree that Adelaide Airport will become a Bunnings. There isn't another Bunnings close by so it makes logical sense.

As for the two 'Development' sites (I'm assuming that's Parafield and Colonnades), be interesting to see what they become.

Parafield possibly a JB Hi-Fi - though Elizabeth, Gepps Cross and Modbury are all within 15 minutes of the site, and Officeworks is already next door. With Good Guys already at Gepps Cross, probably too close to Parafield to open one there? There isn't a Chemist Warehouse anywhere near Parafield so that'll be a perfect spot for it, along with Spotlight.

There's already a Good Guys and JB Hi Fi in the Noarlunga Centre/Colonnades precinct, so possibly an Anaconda/Chemist Warehouse/Spotlight split?
I am not sure about the sites at Parafield & Noarlunga but my guess is they will be divided up into smaller tenancies. Anaconda would work in both locations, together with Chemist Warehouse & Spotlight, and maybe JB Hifi Home stores?
Masters now has its 'American Style' Store Closing signage in place.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#80 Post by crawf » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:10 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote:
Adeguy72 wrote:

Masters now has its 'American Style' Store Closing signage in place.
Errr what?

serca
High Rise Poster!

#81 Post by serca » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:47 pm

Why would Bunnings relocate to here from Mile End ?? Surely not

Like someone already mentioned what a massive fail. Im not sure who their target market was? Masters really didn't seem to have one.

Felt like a clinical Hardware store. They had very high end products such as Hilti - (no other trade store usually sells Hilti bar Hilti) and festool etc. Their range of hardwood structural beams was actually quiet impressive. Yet they also had the cheapest nastiest stock/merchandise available. It is kind of like Apple selling their product in Kmart, just doesn't seem right.

Combining a white goods store with a hardware store/warehouse is not a good idea.

Unfortunately for Masters, Bunning's has Mastered :wink: the hardware/warehouse market

bits
Legendary Member!

#82 Post by bits » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:31 am

serca wrote:Why would Bunnings relocate to here from Mile End ?? Surely not
As i already said the major airports are not sa land, they are federal. This means they are excluded from sa trading laws limiting opening hours and public holiday trade. This is the same with Harbour Town.
Parafield Airport Bunnings has the longest trading hours in the country, try to find a Bunnings store anywhere that even equals it.

Mile End and Adelaide airport are fairly close, so they likely would not lose customers if relocated. Bunnings just relocated Munno para much further. They would gain extended trading hours, allowing it to equal the success of the Parafield Airport store.

Trading hours is a huge thing, how much money would be made with an additional 8 hours of trade on the weekend alone. I think they could open 24/7 if they wanted.

Parafield weekend hours
sat 7-9
sun 7-7

Vs

Mile End weekend hours
Sat 7-5
Sun 9-5

I heard someone say Mile End is the flagship store for the state, but i think Parafield is. But maybe it isn't classed as being in SA.

The Scooter Guy

#83 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:27 am

crawf wrote:Errr what?
I'll show you when I have the photos on Flickr!

serca
High Rise Poster!

#84 Post by serca » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:21 pm

I agree they might not lose customers moving to the airport but they wouldn't gain any so makes for a costly unwarranted move.

True re opening hours as Ikea is only open to 5pm weekends but still has the flexibility of being open to 9pm every weekday.

Parafield bunnings has one of the highest revenue nation wide. Id suggest Munno Para relocated because its store was too small. Half the size of others with no trade drive through

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#85 Post by how good is he » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:10 pm

The other relevant thing is Bunnnings (their property trusts) own the Mile End site & would never move.

Rene
Gold-Member ;)

#86 Post by Rene » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:10 pm

Adeguy72 wrote:

Spotlight and Anaconda already have a presence near Colonnades across the car park from Harvey Norman/BCF, etc.

bits
Legendary Member!

#87 Post by bits » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:57 pm

how good is he wrote:The other relevant thing is Bunnnings (their property trusts) own the Mile End site & would never move.
Nope
http://www.afr.com/real-estate/commerci ... 825-gr1lk9

"Shares in $2 billion BWP Trust, the country's biggest owner of Bunnings Warehouses, fell heavily after it revealed that the Wesfarmers-owned DIY giant would vacate up to seven of its warehouses and occupy Home Consortium's Masters sites instead."

bits
Legendary Member!

#88 Post by bits » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:04 am

I'm not saying Mile End Vs Adelaide Airport is happening, just that it would make a lot of sense.

I am unsure why people think Mile End store is some sacred site. Parafield is a perfect working example of just how much money Bunnings can make on similar land.

Find the 7 Masters stores next to Bunnings stores owned by BWP(Bunnings) that will relocate.

Torrens_5022
High Rise Poster!

#89 Post by Torrens_5022 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:42 am

Parafield could move to the empty Masters store, seems easier to get into the carpark , I doubt this will happen, The Noarlunga store could move to the new location (not sure where it is though? anyone have an address - it's somewhere around Colonnades - right?) - doubtful - both are near Bunnings stores so this could be 2 of 7 stores - something else odd / funny - https://www.masters.com.au/Stores/SA-OP ... field-7805

Nathan

#90 Post by Nathan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:32 am

Again, they're currently doing renovations to the Mile End store. If there was even a hint of them considering a move, that wouldn't be happening.