[U/C] Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#571 Post by Nathan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:29 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:12 pm
It really strips the character away!
In this case, quite literally.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#572 Post by Goodsy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:51 pm

the horrible state of the rest of the sign is still giving it plenty of "character"

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#573 Post by Brucetiki » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:05 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:12 pm
Toys R Us is no more!
It's quite alarming because once they've taken off the Toys R Us portion of the signboard, it just looks totally different now. :oops:
It really strips the character away! :cry:
Geoffrey's been decapitated!

malyzajaczek
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#574 Post by malyzajaczek » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:52 pm

I remember reading about funding announced for 20,000 new apprenticeships some time in July this year and wonder if there are any apprentices and how many on the job site as a result (or at least partial result) of that funding ?

Does anyone know if there is any way to find out how many apprentices are employed on this project or any other major project for that matter?
When things get intense, just remember "We're bunch of hairless apes, flying through space on a living spaceship".

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#575 Post by citywatcher » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:26 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Kasey771 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:53 pm
Brucetiki wrote:An update on the restaurants opening up in the new cafe precinct.

https://westfield.com.au/teatreeplaza/n ... ing-lineup

A little disappointed Westfield didn't take this opportunity to evict Caffe Primo. I can't see them being a good fit for the area.
Have to disagree. A ‘does it all’ restaurant is a fit for the middle class aspirational mortgage belt northeastern suburbs. Hence why they’ve been around for so long. My folks(60’s-70’s) go regularly and mum likes to eat there when I take her to the movies on mother-son outings. It’s just safe easy food nothing too edgy that might freak someone out. The old favourites at a reasonable price appeals to a broad demographic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No doubt Primo have their place in the North East, but they're going to stand out like the proverbial in among the restaurants in the new precinct. When people have the choice of the likes of TGI Friday's, Bangkok Boulevard, or Primo, you know who's going to be the last preference every day of the week.

Primo would've been better off finding a new location away from TTP, even if it was in one of the empty tenancies in Tea Tree Plus.
Food wasn't too bad for what it is
Salisbury Primo now that is bad

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#576 Post by Brucetiki » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Thursday 25 October is the opening date for the new precinct.

The Bavarian, Schnitz, Grill'd and TGI Friday's announced as the final 4 tenants in the precinct (though I think TGI Friday's had already been leaked by a council newsletter).

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#577 Post by HiTouch » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:14 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:30 pm

The Bavarian, Schnitz, Grill'd and TGI Friday's announced as the final 4 tenants in the precinct (though I think TGI Friday's had already been leaked by a council newsletter).
Seriously awesome!! :banana: :banana: Man Tea Tree Plaza is totally changing to what I call, high life rockstar living. Look out Hollywood

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#578 Post by crawf » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:01 am

HiTouch wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:14 pm
Brucetiki wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Seriously awesome!! :banana: :banana: Man Tea Tree Plaza is totally changing to what I call, high life rockstar living. Look out Hollywood
:|

duke
High Rise Poster!

#579 Post by duke » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:11 pm

No doubt Primo have their place in the North East, but they're going to stand out like the proverbial in among the restaurants in the new precinct. When people have the choice of the likes of TGI Friday's, Bangkok Boulevard, or Primo, you know who's going to be the last preference every day of the week.

Primo would've been better off finding a new location away from TTP, even if it was in one of the empty tenancies in Tea Tree Plus.
The old primo has been gutted and its opening further out with the other restaurants.
I assume the styling will fit in and they will have to try harder to be the first pick rather than last as you put it.
There is still a need for a primo style, especially with CafeB gone.

Add to that, they also applied for extended trading hours until 1 or 2 am. So I assume they are re-inventing themselves in some way.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#580 Post by Mpol03 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:15 pm

Dining area opens from today, as per their FB page:

https://m.facebook.com/WestfieldTeaTreePlaza/

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#581 Post by citywatcher » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:27 am

I was pretty underwhelmed by it to tell you the truth

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#582 Post by rev » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:02 pm

It's actually quite nice, and something different for Adelaide.
Now they just need to upgrade/renovate the rest of the center.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#583 Post by HiTouch » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:02 pm

You're all being prudes. I love it!! It activates that whole space and along with Civic Park and the Pickled Duck across the road, the whole area's vibe feels so much better. :bow: Westfield saved the North East!!! :bow:

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#584 Post by pushbutton » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:34 pm

I am very very very impressed with the new TTP extension.

It has the facilities and services one expects in a modern shopping centre, yet also has old fashioned community atmosphere and feels like a lot of effort was put into making it feel like part of the community. There's even a little place where you can borrow or swap books, for free and with no hassle ).

Also there are numerous high quality, yet affordable and comfortable restaurants.

Hoyts is once again completely unrecognisable, but in a good way this time! All the seats in all the cinemas are auto recliners and you can purchase a coffee and light meal to take into the movie if you like. In other words, Gold Class minus the waiter service, for about half the price! I'll be going out of my way to use it in preference to any other cinemas.

The exterior facades are mostly just precast concrete (in true Westfield style), but in another sign of Westfields NEW style they have had tallented artists make them look truly inviting. As long as that's maintained it's awesome (will probably need new artwork every so often to keep it fresh).

Even the rubbish bins are painted artistically, and even the restrooms feel so much nicer than most shopping centre ones.

Lastly there's a great kids play area (not a generic climbing structure but a really family friendly place ), and some spaces you can really relax (even though it is right next to a busy road)!

All in all, it's next level Westfield, and I love it!

Mpol03
Legendary Member!

#585 Post by Mpol03 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Is the entire centre refurbished or is it just a section? I’ve never been down to know what it was like.