News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Trains

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
RetroGamer87
High Rise Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Trains

#5191 Post by RetroGamer87 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:23 am

Spotto wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:39 pm
Rare chance to catch a ride, you never see diesels in revenue service on those lines anymore.
Not often but I swear I saw a random pair of 3000 class railcars go past the Marino Rocks crossing in late 2020.

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#5192 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:24 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Spotto wrote:
Rare chance to catch a ride, you never see diesels in revenue service on those lines anymore.
Not often but I swear I saw a random pair of 3000 class railcars go past the Marino Rocks crossing in late 2020.
May have been due to a localised power outage. This last happened late last year.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Spotto
Legendary Member!

#5193 Post by Spotto » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:37 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:23 am
Spotto wrote:
Was probably the 3000s heading down to Seaford Meadows to get refuelled during a Gawler Line closure. If so, they weren’t in revenue service.

SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

#5194 Post by SouthAussie94 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:51 pm

The DEMUs have been going back and forth on the Seaford Line in non-revenue service for the past year or so. There's typically a set that goes through Oaklands at around 10pm most evenings.
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

VLtom
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#5195 Post by VLtom » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:03 pm

Advertiser/InDaily reporting more problems in completing GREP. Project cost now at a staggering $842 million (original $615), additional $127 million blowout.

It now stands at a cost of $20 million per kilometre, with the line seemingly unlikely to open till May. Driver training now a critical issue going forward.

More weird excuses from the libs of but Covid and but Labor. Though Wingard actually apologized for how long it's taking this time (he might've done this before but also no free buses)

Actual infra seems likely to be ready by the end of Feb, with train testing and a lot of driver training to do going forward.

PeFe

#5196 Post by PeFe » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:06 pm

The Advertiser have pulled the story off the main digital site....there are no problems with the Gawler line electrification and if there are, they don't warrant any media coverage.

When your mates in the media decide to squash any stories that harm Marshall's electoral chances....

Jacob_ULG3
Gold-Member ;)

#5197 Post by Jacob_ULG3 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:33 pm

PeFe wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:06 pm
The Advertiser have pulled the story off the main digital site....there are no problems with the Gawler line electrification and if there are, they don't warrant any media coverage.

When your mates in the media decide to squash any stories that harm Marshall's electoral chances....
If the Gawler line is gonna open in April. At least we have a date instead of it being irrelevant. If the wiring component is finished and all the signalling is installed, then testing and commissioning of the signals is in February and energization occurs during the weekend closure on the 19th and 20th Feb, driver training during march and then hopefully services open either start or end of April. Hopefully by then a new Gawler Timetable will be announced when it does open as it's due for it by then hopefully.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#5198 Post by Brucetiki » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:54 am

One minute Wingard is saying Labor is pulling stories out of their backsides about delays.

Next minute he's confirming the exact same delays.

He really should've stuck to hosting d-grade football shows at Channel 10

gnrc_louis
Legendary Member!

#5199 Post by gnrc_louis » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:09 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:54 am
One minute Wingard is saying Labor is pulling stories out of their backsides about delays.

Next minute he's confirming the exact same delays.

He really should've stuck to hosting d-grade football shows at Channel 10
:lol: I heard a story from a friend, that prior to him being elected, he was at some sort of community event and started off his speech by saying "Now, I know I'm a celebrity..." :lol:

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#5200 Post by AG » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:15 pm

First test trains are being run over part of the Gawler Line at Dry Creek tomorrow.

PD2/20
High Rise Poster!

#5201 Post by PD2/20 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:22 pm

AG wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:15 pm
First test trains are being run over part of the Gawler Line at Dry Creek tomorrow.
The notification is at https://www.dit.sa.gov.au/__data/assets ... VED_JK.pdf . The wording is similar to what appeared when work on the ARTC line took place at Park Terrace, Salisbury, last year. Quite a lot of work has been occurring at ARTC signal cabinets recently.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#5202 Post by I Follow PAFC » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:32 pm

Temporary rail closures in February for All lines.
https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/about- ... n_february
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

whatstheirnamesmom
Gold-Member ;)

#5203 Post by whatstheirnamesmom » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:27 pm

Jayne Stinson MP, Member for Badcoe, is putting a $1.5m upgrade of Woodlands Park station on the cards should Labor win the election.
https://www.facebook.com/JayneStinsonMP ... 7694077747
TRAIN CAMPAIGN: 🚆 I've chatted with many Edwardstown train commuters this year about upgrades needed at Woodlands Park station. You might have seen me there early in the mornings 🥱

I'm delighted that a $1.5 million upgrade to Woodlands Park station is now on the cards! I've been surveying people about how they want that money spent. 💰 💰

I've written to the Transport Minister with the results of my survey so far. Thanks to everyone who provided super useful feedback. If a Labor government is elected, we'll be taking on board that feedback and making sure the changes locals want are implemented.

We want more people using public transport - for the good of our economy and our environment. 🚊 🚌 🚃

It's not too late to have your say here:
https://jaynestinsonmp.app.do/fix-my-st ... lands-park

Do you want to see upgrades at another train or tram station? Let me know here: https://jaynestinsonmp.app.do/fix-my-station-badcoe
Similarly, Chris Picton MP, Member for Kaurna, is promising a $2m upgrade of the Noarlunga Centre Interchange
https://www.facebook.com/pictonlabor/po ... 8435557991
What would you define as “temporarily”? 🤔

Because the escalators at Noarlunga Station have been broken “temporarily” since October. 🚧

It’s a sign of how this station is neglected. It’s got so much worse since service was privatised. 💰

I’m excited to announce today that an elected Malinauskas Labor Government will invest $2 million to upgrade Noarlunga Train Station. 👷‍♀️

It’s part of our plans that include reversing the Liberals privatisation. 🔄

The first priority at Noarlunga Station will be new escalators and better lighting to improve safety. 🛗💡

But there’s so much more we can do to improve the amenity of the station. 🧹🎨

I’m keen to get your ideas on the priorities for our $2 million upgrade policy - so please complete the survey at https://chrispicton.com.au/noarlungastation/ ✍️

It’s about improving services for the South and making it easier and safer to catch public transport. 🚂😀

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#5204 Post by Norman » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:02 pm

Sounds pretty similar to what the Liberals are doing with their $110m fund. Basic maintenance.

Woodlands Park and Edwardstown should be merged to form a new station alongside an urban renewal project of the old Hills site. If not that, then Woodlands Park really needs to be rebuilt to a higher standard as it is an interchange between the Seaford and Flinders Lines.

Nathan

#5205 Post by Nathan » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:09 pm

Did ❓
politicians 🗳
just ⌚️
learn 🎓
to 2️⃣
use 👨‍💻
emojis? 🧐