News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Trains

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Eurostar
Legendary Member!

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Trains

#4711 Post by Eurostar » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:00 am

I take it that the King Street Bridge in Gawler will be removed during the summer school holidays

Spotto
Legendary Member!

#4712 Post by Spotto » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:11 am

https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announ ... yX6LWMJI00
Tell us what you think of the new Flinders train line timetable

The timetable proposed for the new Flinders train line extends services until late on weeknights and will provide a 20 minute frequency during peak times on weekdays and 30 minutes at all other times.

The new service will also run on weekends for the first time from early morning to late night.

Staff at Flinders Medical Centre have been catered for, with services to ensure arrival at the precinct by 7am, 7 days a week.

The new Flinders train line will greatly improve public transport options for those living and working in the southern suburbs and will deliver better train services through investment in our public transport network.

Extended train services will help make the area more accessible and help connect employment, education, community resources, medical care and recreational opportunities.

The Flinders train line is expected to open for passengers in December.

To provide Flinders line timetable feedback

Email: [email protected]
Consultation will be open until 5pm Friday 30 October.

The Flinders train line timetable will replace the Tonsley train timetable and will continue to appear with the Seaford train timetable.

The introduction of weekend services on the Flinders line will allow for Seaford services to run express to and from Woodlands Park to the city, providing a consistent 30 minute frequency and reducing travel times for Seaford services by approximately 5 minutes.

Passengers wishing to travel to Flinders from the Seaford line or the reverse will continue to be able to transfer at Woodlands Park station.

More details of the Flinders train line opening will be available on this website as the project progresses.
The front pages of the timetables are also getting refreshed; the white and blue are now reversed. The link is on the AdMet website.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#4713 Post by I Follow PAFC » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:50 am

Spotto wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:11 am
https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announ ... yX6LWMJI00
Tell us what you think of the new Flinders train line timetable

The timetable proposed for the new Flinders train line extends services until late on weeknights and will provide a 20 minute frequency during peak times on weekdays and 30 minutes at all other times.

The new service will also run on weekends for the first time from early morning to late night.

Staff at Flinders Medical Centre have been catered for, with services to ensure arrival at the precinct by 7am, 7 days a week.

The new Flinders train line will greatly improve public transport options for those living and working in the southern suburbs and will deliver better train services through investment in our public transport network.

Extended train services will help make the area more accessible and help connect employment, education, community resources, medical care and recreational opportunities.

The Flinders train line is expected to open for passengers in December.

To provide Flinders line timetable feedback

Email: [email protected]
Consultation will be open until 5pm Friday 30 October.

The Flinders train line timetable will replace the Tonsley train timetable and will continue to appear with the Seaford train timetable.

The introduction of weekend services on the Flinders line will allow for Seaford services to run express to and from Woodlands Park to the city, providing a consistent 30 minute frequency and reducing travel times for Seaford services by approximately 5 minutes.

Passengers wishing to travel to Flinders from the Seaford line or the reverse will continue to be able to transfer at Woodlands Park station.

More details of the Flinders train line opening will be available on this website as the project progresses.
The front pages of the timetables are also getting refreshed; the white and blue are now reversed. The link is on the AdMet website.
Got it in Flinders Rail Link.
https://www.sensational-adelaide.com/fo ... f=9&t=6976
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

Jacob_ULG3
Gold-Member ;)

#4714 Post by Jacob_ULG3 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:36 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:18 pm
Taken from said substitute bus! Not a great photo.Image
They have updated google maps with all roads next to the rail corridor showing all the masts and OHW all set as of September 2020. Especially out at Dudley Park Railway Station and Belford Avenue. Its mainly between Grand Junction Road and the Torrens Junction Area

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4715 Post by ChillyPhilly » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:12 am

Jacob_ULG3 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:36 pm
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:18 pm
Taken from said substitute bus! Not a great photo.Image
They have updated google maps with all roads next to the rail corridor showing all the masts and OHW all set as of September 2020. Especially out at Dudley Park Railway Station and Belford Avenue. Its mainly between Grand Junction Road and the Torrens Junction Area
Welcome to the forum - and thanks for the update!
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

#4716 Post by adelaide transport » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:28 am

The new Flinders Link train service will begin operations from Monday 28th December.
A new Timetable incorporating this line and the Seaford line will come into operation.

Spotto
Legendary Member!

#4717 Post by Spotto » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:34 am

adelaide transport wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:28 am
The new Flinders Link train service will begin operations from Monday 28th December.
A new Timetable incorporating this line and the Seaford line will come into operation.
Source?

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

#4718 Post by adelaide transport » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:20 am

Adelaide Metro

Spotto
Legendary Member!

#4719 Post by Spotto » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:21 am

adelaide transport wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:20 am
Adelaide Metro
A link would be appreciated.

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#4720 Post by I Follow PAFC » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:14 pm

Gawler line blowout means more months on buses.
Commuters will be put out for much longer after the government reveals a major overrun on the Gawler rail upgrade.

Behind a paywall.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... 0f09dea37e
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

PD2/20
High Rise Poster!

#4721 Post by PD2/20 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:05 pm

I Follow PAFC wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:14 pm
Commuters will be put out for much longer after the government reveals a major overrun on the Gawler rail upgrade.

Behind a paywall.
The schedule of closures which AdMet announced at the end of September covered the period through to October 2021. This schedule is still current on the AdMet website and is also displayed on notices at stations. Has AdelaideNow just picked up on this schedule or are there further delays envisaged beyond October 2021?

Since the full closure of Adelaide to Salisbury in October, there has been a noticeable increase in the rate of progress in the project. Masts and fitments can now be seen on considerable stretches of the line between North Adelaide and Chidda. Overhead support work has been done in Platforms 5-8 (and 9?). Cable ducting work has reached out to Parafield Gardens and signalling work has occurred between North Adelaide and Islington. There has been a fair amount of work done on the ARTC side.

Jacob_ULG3
Gold-Member ;)

#4722 Post by Jacob_ULG3 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:43 pm

PD2/20 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:05 pm
I Follow PAFC wrote:

Behind a paywall.
The schedule of closures which AdMet announced at the end of September covered the period through to October 2021. This schedule is still current on the AdMet website and is also displayed on notices at stations. Has AdelaideNow just picked up on this schedule or are there further delays envisaged beyond October 2021?

Since the full closure of Adelaide to Salisbury in October, there has been a noticeable increase in the rate of progress in the project. Masts and fitments can now be seen on considerable stretches of the line between North Adelaide and Chidda. Overhead support work has been done in Platforms 5-8 (and 9?). Cable ducting work has reached out to Parafield Gardens and signalling work has occurred between North Adelaide and Islington. There has been a fair amount of work done on the ARTC side.
The schedule is currently only projecting closures on the adelaide metro site until 2021, the news article says the line is gonna be shut fully between Adelaide and Gawler between Jan-Apr next year instead of being partial closures between that period of time. I believe that the line will be complete after Jan 2022 and sub busses are gonna be running until then, but im not calling odds yet cos its too soon to say.

You are right though, since the line has been shut between Adl-Salisbury Twin Cantilevers have been erected between Chidda and Parafield, Parafield Gardens has some mast footings on the ARTC side indicating portal structures are spanning over the track. its even noticable when your on port wakefield road looking at the stretch between mawson lakes and dry creek depot. I will be shocked when they actually thread some of the overhead contact wire then, ladies and gentlemen, the gawler line is finally got some electrification.

Theres also subtle hints that the adelaide yard is undergoing mast hangers being done to the existing portal structures with the Belair, OH/Grange, Seaford lines closing for quote on quote essential work when according to the belair page on Adelaide Metro its for GREP works, know why they are doing it but to claim its essential works is a bit of a game of hide and seek to detect this stuff.

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4723 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:38 am

Curse Tony Abbott for canning the funding back in 2013 for this project.

I recently moved from Salisbury to Wayville so I am free of the commitment to get an extra early substitute bus, but the project team and AdelaideMetro have done incredibly well to provide these services. They have generally been perfectly on time and there has always been enough space or a seat - while allowing for physical distancing.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#4724 Post by Brucetiki » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:20 pm

PD2/20 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:05 pm
I Follow PAFC wrote:

Behind a paywall.

I noticed Channel 10 getting excited on their socials over this - then saw that there was no change to the current schedule from Adelaide Metro, so just assumed Channel 10 were phoning in again from Melbourne realising this months after it was advised by Adelaide Metro.

I think it's just a slow news day.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#4725 Post by Brucetiki » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:28 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:38 am
Curse Tony Abbott for canning the funding back in 2013 for this project.

I recently moved from Salisbury to Wayville so I am free of the commitment to get an extra early substitute bus, but the project team and AdelaideMetro have done incredibly well to provide these services. They have generally been perfectly on time and there has always been enough space or a seat - while allowing for physical distancing.
I've used the GA3 a couple of times and it's been fantastic. On time, and was easily able to connect with another bus for the remainder of the journey home.

Haven't been lucky with getting one of these yet but selected GA3 services are being run by Kanga Coaches