News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Trains

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
PD2/20
High Rise Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Trains

#4726 Post by PD2/20 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:42 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:20 pm
PD2/20 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:05 pm

The schedule of closures which AdMet announced at the end of September covered the period through to October 2021. This schedule is still current on the AdMet website and is also displayed on notices at stations. Has AdelaideNow just picked up on this schedule or are there further delays envisaged beyond October 2021?

Since the full closure of Adelaide to Salisbury in October, there has been a noticeable increase in the rate of progress in the project. Masts and fitments can now be seen on considerable stretches of the line between North Adelaide and Chidda. Overhead support work has been done in Platforms 5-8 (and 9?). Cable ducting work has reached out to Parafield Gardens and signalling work has occurred between North Adelaide and Islington. There has been a fair amount of work done on the ARTC side.
I noticed Channel 10 getting excited on their socials over this - then saw that there was no change to the current schedule from Adelaide Metro, so just assumed Channel 10 were phoning in again from Melbourne realising this months after it was advised by Adelaide Metro.

I think it's just a slow news day.
What wasn't apparent from I Follow PAFC's post was that the planned Jan - Apr closure between Mawson Lakes and Gawler will now be a complete line closure. Since September the project closure schedule has progressed from evening + weekend + holiday to full time partial line closure and now to full time complete line closure!!

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#4727 Post by I Follow PAFC » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:44 pm

I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

Jacob_ULG3
Gold-Member ;)

#4728 Post by Jacob_ULG3 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:43 am

Yeah. Liberals just laughing the fact theyre not offering free buses for subs. They should do that because of the long delay, at the end of the day it screws commuters over, not the government

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4729 Post by SBD » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:10 pm

Jacob_ULG3 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:43 am
Yeah. Liberals just laughing the fact theyre not offering free buses for subs. They should do that because of the long delay, at the end of the day it screws commuters over, not the government
Are the substitute buses on the Tonsley/Flinders line free? If we charge for bus rides everywhere else, it seems reasonable to me that they should be charged for on the train substitute services too.

I think a bigger issue to address is that there could be more closures coming up for the Torrens Road overpass, as nobody is talking about getting that done during the same shutdown.

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

#4730 Post by adelaide transport » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:07 pm

SBD wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:10 pm
Jacob_ULG3 wrote:
Are the substitute buses on the Tonsley/Flinders line free? If we charge for bus rides everywhere else, it seems reasonable to me that they should be charged for on the train substitute services too.

I think a bigger issue to address is that there could be more closures coming up for the Torrens Road overpass, as nobody is talking about getting that done during the same shutdown.
Services on the N7 rail sub service between Woodlands Park and Clovelly Park operated by Busways Hino Poncho are fare-paying services.

Spotto
Legendary Member!

#4731 Post by Spotto » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:11 am

The railway station refurbishment is going well. The footpath along the North Terrace frontage is being dug up and Station Road is now mostly open. The little shopfronts at the very top of the ramp are being torn out and are pretty much gone.

No pictures unfortunately, almost missed my train 😂

ChillyPhilly

#4732 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:39 am

adelaide transport wrote:
SBD wrote:
Jacob_ULG3 wrote:

Services on the N7 rail sub service between Woodlands Park and Clovelly Park operated by Busways Hino Poncho are fare-paying services.
Gawler Line substitute services were a combination of free (coaches) and normal fare-paying Adelaide Metro buses, but I didn't see much enforcement.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4733 Post by Norman » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:11 pm

Spotto wrote:The railway station refurbishment is going well. The footpath along the North Terrace frontage is being dug up and Station Road is now mostly open. The little shopfronts at the very top of the ramp are being torn out and are pretty much gone.

No pictures unfortunately, almost missed my train Image
Here's a photo from earlier this week

Jacob_ULG3
Gold-Member ;)

#4734 Post by Jacob_ULG3 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:59 pm

SBD wrote:
Jacob_ULG3 wrote:

That could also explain why Ovingham doesnt have any portal or mast structures up yet. I could be part of the OCRP and hopefully that project runs parallel with GREP and that way it wont screw passengers up for 18 months which is probably whats gonna happen

ChillyPhilly

#4735 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:39 am

Jacob_ULG3 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:59 pm
SBD wrote:
Jacob_ULG3 wrote:

That could also explain why Ovingham doesnt have any portal or mast structures up yet. I could be part of the OCRP and hopefully that project runs parallel with GREP and that way it wont screw passengers up for 18 months which is probably whats gonna happen
I'm hopeful that this is part of the reason for the extended closures, but am equally not confident that lessons have been learnt from the Seaford line. Adelaide has never been much good at masterplanning - South Road is the epitome of this.

Pistol
Legendary Member!

#4736 Post by Pistol » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:20 pm

Overhead lines are being hung from just north of Ovingham onwards.
Finally starting to look like an electrified line train line :banana:
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

#4737 Post by adelaide transport » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:04 pm

Drove over Elizabeth Way bridge last week-no work whatsoever has started from Elizabeth Station heading North?

Jacob_ULG3
Gold-Member ;)

#4738 Post by Jacob_ULG3 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:35 pm

Pistol wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:20 pm
Overhead lines are being hung from just north of Ovingham onwards.
Finally starting to look like an electrified line train line :banana:
Have you got a picture you could possibly share? Just for curiousity. :D

ChillyPhilly

#4739 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:00 am

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:04 pm
Drove over Elizabeth Way bridge last week-no work whatsoever has started from Elizabeth Station heading North?
I feel like the bulk of the project will be done in two stages: Adelaide to Salisbury, then Salisbury to Gawler Central.

Jacob_ULG3
Gold-Member ;)

#4740 Post by Jacob_ULG3 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:10 am

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:00 am
Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:04 pm
I feel like the bulk of the project will be done in two stages: Adelaide to Salisbury, then Salisbury to Gawler Central.
That was how the project first started.

Stage One (est cost. $152.5 Mill) between Adl - Salisbury and Was state government funded.
Stage Two (Est cost. $462.5 Mill) between Salisbury and GAWC was jointly funded by state and federal.

without the federal govt getting involved, only half the line wouldve been done.

My theory is that they are getting Stage One Done in 2020 and then Stage Two Done Next Year. It shows when according to Adelaide Metro's Gawler Line closures site that from April 2021 that between Adelaide and Mawson Lakes will be open and the rest of the line being shut. Same when Stage One includes shut down from Adelaide to Salisbury Until Xmas Day 2020 and then full line closures afterwards. Even after the July 2021 school holidays that between Salisbury and Gawler Central is shut and then Adelaide to Salisbury is open.

Kind of gives it away seeing as they have been working on between Adelaide and Salisbury all year this year.