[U/C] M2 North-South Motorway

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
aceman
High Rise Poster!

[U/C] Re: North-South Motorway

#3721 Post by aceman » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:44 pm

quick update for those of us that don't travel north of the city, regarding the pym st to superway section, between pym st and Regency road on both the eastern and western sides most properties have now been fenced off awaiting demolition. a few have already been demoed. does anyone know if there is a timeline for construction of this section?

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#3722 Post by how good is he » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:11 pm

Demo’s will continue all this year (ie Croydon Kings soccer club has until the end of their season before they need to vacate). I think construction is from early 2020 and take until the end of 2022 for completion. The main job is the overpass. It will be interesting if they assemble a bridge/overpass on-site and move it into place to save time (as they did at Darlington).

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#3723 Post by aceman » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:37 pm

thanks mate, yeah the Regency overpass will be interesting to see how it's done now that we've seen the way they were done at Darlington. having said that this section seems quite small compared to what's been done so far!

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#3724 Post by how good is he » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:55 pm

I agree.. why 3 years to do just 1.8km and at a cost of $354m .. something seems wrong .... I know there is an overpass but this averages $2m per metre.

aaronjameslange
Gold-Member ;)

#3725 Post by aaronjameslange » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:43 am

how good is he wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:11 pm
Demo’s will continue all this year (ie Croydon Kings soccer club has until the end of their season before they need to vacate). I think construction is from early 2020 and take until the end of 2022 for completion. The main job is the overpass. It will be interesting if they assemble a bridge/overpass on-site and move it into place to save time (as they did at Darlington).
Im surprised at how quickly properties are being demolished. The t2t section seemed like only a couple of properties per month were being pulled down. At a guess id say close to half the properties along r2p are already either demolished or vacated.
Also noticed a new soccer pitch and stand being built further north on churchill road. Not sure if that has anything to do with croydon kings.

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: North-South Motorway

#3726 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:48 am

aaronjameslange wrote:
how good is he wrote:
Im surprised at how quickly properties are being demolished. The t2t section seemed like only a couple of properties per month were being pulled down. At a guess id say close to half the properties along r2p are already either demolished or vacated.
Also noticed a new soccer pitch and stand being built further north on churchill road. Not sure if that has anything to do with croydon kings.
At the former site of Kilburn Primary School? That would be the home ground for West Adelaide.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#3727 Post by rev » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:07 pm

aaronjameslange wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:43 am
how good is he wrote:
I wonder if theyll use the precast yard on south road that they used for the Superway, to male sections for the regency overpass.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3728 Post by AG » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:44 pm

rev wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:07 pm
aaronjameslange wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:43 am
how good is he wrote:
I wonder if theyll use the precast yard on south road that they used for the Superway, to male sections for the regency overpass.
Maybe not that particular yard, but I would consider it likely that pre-cast beams would be brought to the site to minimise closure times during construction for Regency Road.

Bacon
High Rise Poster!

#3729 Post by Bacon » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:38 pm

how good is he wrote:
I would say South road would be widened to the point that they just start building the overpass in the middle

ChillyPhilly

#3730 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:07 pm

I thought that, based on the draft plan of R2P, Croydon would remain where they were, but that their pitch would be rotated slightly.

SBD

#3731 Post by SBD » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:52 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:07 pm
I thought that, based on the draft plan of R2P, Croydon would remain where they were, but that their pitch would be rotated slightly.
That is my understanding too, but I guess that "rotating" a pitch is functionally the same as destroying it and making a new one somewhere else (even if they overlap), which can't be done without disrupting the season.

ChillyPhilly

#3732 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:05 pm

That's why major works won't begin until August at the earliest - times up well with the end of the NPL season.

Spotto
Legendary Member!

#3733 Post by Spotto » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:20 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:07 pm
Looking at the animation video from Dec 2018, they might be avoiding the sports grounds almost entirely by sacrificing only the nature strip.

Using the video, I've roughly approximated the R2P corridor boundary with yellow lines and I've included a cap of the sports grounds from the video. Orange square is the current park (highlighted half to become nature strip) immediately south of the sports grounds, red shapes are other nature strip areas.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#3734 Post by how good is he » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:57 pm

They may take over the Soccer club & ovals to put their site offices, workers carpark, equipment/machinery etc?

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#3735 Post by Eurostar » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:53 am

Will 230/232 bus routes have to change route?

To arndale via

1) Torrens Road, South Road, Regency Road
2) Torrens Road, Days Road, Regency Road

Or have 251~254 run via

1) Hawker Street, South Road, Regency Road

With the 230,232 running direct via Torrens Road