[COM] Oaklands Crossing | $174m

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#811 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:20 am

Looks good but I hope they bother to maintain it - this has been the state of Bowden Station for over a month now...

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#812 Post by how good is he » Thu May 09, 2019 8:52 am

Is this graffiti council responsibility or DTPI?
To ML69, I agree. I’m surprised developers for either sites (or even the council) hasn’t requested/demanded it from the Govt. I mean hundreds of millions have been spent and the Govt can’t even bother doing a decent station upgrade.

Llessur2002

#813 Post by Llessur2002 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:58 am

how good is he wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:52 am
Definitely DPTI.

Nathan

#814 Post by Nathan » Thu May 09, 2019 9:41 am

Unfortunately there are a couple of taggers (I won't give them any exposure by mentioning their tags) at the moment who are making it their mission to tag every single bit of public infrastructure (down to something as small as a planter box) from Bowden all the way through to the riverbank precinct. Given the extent of what they've been doing, I would have hoped the cops could have snagged them by now.

Would be real nice to have some proper cover over Bowden station like has been installed at Oaklands. Even if it was just a short section extending from either side of the pedestrian overpass.

claybro

#815 Post by claybro » Thu May 09, 2019 10:07 am

Nathan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:41 am
Unfortunately there are a couple of taggers (I won't give them any exposure by mentioning their tags) at the moment who are making it their mission to tag every single bit of public infrastructure (down to something as small as a planter box) from Bowden all the way through to the riverbank precinct. Given the extent of what they've been doing, I would have hoped the cops could have snagged them by now.

Would be real nice to have some proper cover over Bowden station like has been installed at Oaklands. Even if it was just a short section extending from either side of the pedestrian overpass.
how good is he wrote:
To ML69, I agree. I’m surprised developers for either sites (or even the council) hasn’t requested/demanded it from the Govt. I mean hundreds of millions have been spent and the Govt can’t even bother doing a decent station upgrade.
As well as posting on here, are you guys also contacting your local member to complain about the lack of care of your taxpayers assets? The DPTI, local council and government will do sweet FA until people actually complain and threaten to expose their lack of action. I believe all of these new stations should be manned and controlled access for safety and to prevent this.

Nathan

#816 Post by Nathan » Thu May 09, 2019 10:14 am

claybro wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:07 am
Nathan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:41 am

how good is he wrote:
As well as posting on here, are you guys also contacting your local member to complain about the lack of care of your taxpayers assets? The DPTI, local council and government will do sweet FA until people actually complain and threaten to expose their lack of action. I believe all of these new stations should be manned and controlled access for safety and to prevent this.
Some of it is addressed regularly (like under the Park Tce overpass, the rail subway in Bonython Park, and the light poles from there through to Morphett St), but they're usually retagged by the same people within days. Obviously the two councils (Charles Sturt & Adelaide) are on to it, more so than DPTI with the stations. I think it requires more of a police response given the extent and perpetual reoccurrence.

claybro

#817 Post by claybro » Thu May 09, 2019 11:26 am

Nathan wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:14 am
Some of it is addressed regularly (like under the Park Tce overpass, the rail subway in Bonython Park, and the light poles from there through to Morphett St), but they're usually retagged by the same people within days. Obviously the two councils (Charles Sturt & Adelaide) are on to it, more so than DPTI with the stations. I think it requires more of a police response given the extent and perpetual reoccurrence.
Agreed, but the police wont respond unless they are asked/made to. Antisocial behaviour is simply not on their agenda, and the courts do nothing with the offenders even once caught.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#818 Post by Norman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:56 pm

A quick update of recent works:
  • The road over the train line has moved to the sides of the bridge as the road formation and kerbing is finalised in the middle of the road
  • Traffic lights have been installed at Dunrobin Road, but are not active as of yet
  • The amenities building seems to be operational
  • The train track is still present on the road, I assume this will stay in place until final asphalting occurs a bit later

kymbosa
High Rise Poster!

#819 Post by kymbosa » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:39 am

In a few weekends there will be event held at the train station.
D43AAA44-9D79-4234-ADCE-117BD287242A.jpeg
Details on their Facebook page.

Furyan
Gold-Member ;)

#820 Post by Furyan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:06 pm

As of yesterday the Oaklands Crossing Project is now officially complete. :D

This now removes the major road block along Diagonal Road which is the main corridor between the outer west and southern suburbs.
I would hope at some stage they would look at removing pinch points along the remaining parts of this corridor.
Most notably duplicating the left hand turn at Sturt Road which is the access to the Southern Expressway via Marion Road.
The Seacombe Road and Brighton Road left hand turns are also both single lanes and would also benefit.

OlympusAnt
High Rise Poster!

#821 Post by OlympusAnt » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:14 pm

Better late than never, but its finally complete. The area flows so much better now.

It really did go quick in the last few weeks. Almost Melbourne pace.
Follow me on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/135625678@N06/

ChillyPhilly

[COM] [COM] Re: Oaklands Crossing | $174m

#822 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:33 am

Posted to DPTI's LinkedIn page. Artwork at the station.

.Image

Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!

#823 Post by AndyWelsh » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 pm

Oakland station - strange place for a bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#824 Post by SRW » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Weird. Time out bench?
Keep Adelaide Weird

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#825 Post by Jaymz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:29 pm

SRW wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 pm
Weird. Time out bench?
Indeed. Surely a candidate for the Shitadelaide FB/Instagram page :?