Beer Garden

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
neoballmon
Legendary Member!

Re: Beer Garden

#1531 Post by neoballmon » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:17 pm

Yes, I was talking about this one with a Smiths representative at work the other week, apparelty last time they ran it (90's or early 00's), they actually had notes inside the chip packs! This time, legistation seems to have taken over and they can only include a token with a code to be redeemed online. They have also removed a chip from packs with one (i assume 1 in a certain amount wins), so that a weight different can't be detected.
Sneaky buggers! :applause:
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1532 Post by jk1237 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:28 pm

my dream of living in the city has become a reality. An offer I put in on a place has been accepted and deposit paid, and Ive sold my little unit in the inner burbs. Just have to wait for the long settlement. Im gonna be a Hutt St yuppie :banana: :banana: :banana: I wonder if I should get a little doggy to go walk around Victoria Park with and complain about tall buildings :lol: . Cant wait

btw that outdoor wine bar during festival time has opened again beside the Crown & Anchor on Union Street. Looks better this year and was quite popular today

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1533 Post by [Shuz] » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:03 pm

Well done jk.

Recently I just moved back near Goodwood not far from the tramline renting a townhouse. Absolutely loving the location and accessibility to everything. And I already have a little doggy to walk around the streets like a inner-suburban yuppie. :P

Nowhere in a position to afford a house just yet but would totally buy the one I'm living in now if I could. Personally I wouldn't want to live in the city as I find I enjoy having a bit of a backyard to entertain in and let the pooch wander about - just started redoing my backyard this weekend - it's a real creative DIY low cost do-over though as I'm only renting and don't want to fork out hundreds of dollars on someone else's place. Trying to get as much free/recycable materials as possible. It's shaping up nicely thus far, but will take a bit of time to get done...
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1534 Post by jk1237 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:36 pm

[Shuz] wrote:Well done jk.

Recently I just moved back near Goodwood not far from the tramline renting a townhouse. Absolutely loving the location and accessibility to everything. And I already have a little doggy to walk around the streets like a inner-suburban yuppie. :P
why thankyou Shuz, and I must admit Goodwood is an excellent suburb - trains, trams, nice little high street strip, lots of character

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1535 Post by monotonehell » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:02 am

jk1237 wrote:my dream of living in the city has become a reality. An offer I put in on a place has been accepted and deposit paid, and Ive sold my little unit in the inner burbs. Just have to wait for the long settlement. Im gonna be a Hutt St yuppie :banana: :banana: :banana: I wonder if I should get a little doggy to go walk around Victoria Park with and complain about tall buildings :lol: . Cant wait

btw that outdoor wine bar during festival time has opened again beside the Crown & Anchor on Union Street. Looks better this year and was quite popular today
Welcome to the neighbourhood, jk. Which end of Hutt are you? I used to live on the South Tce end, now I'm on Rundle Street.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1536 Post by Wayno » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:59 am

JK & Mono, i'm also a new city resident, or will be soon enough. Just bought a little heritage listed place. A renovators delight last occupied in the 1980's (by a mad german who regularly threatened neighbours with machine guns, and who recently passed away in an asylum), and squatters for the last 2 years since the fire. The place needs some TLC.

Separate topic: look closely at this red brick wall in Rosina St, Adelaide. Somebody has too much time on their hands.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

rhino

#1537 Post by rhino » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:09 am

Wayno wrote:JK & Mono, i'm also a new city resident, or will be soon enough. Just bought a little heritage listed place. A renovators delight last occupied in the 1980's (by a mad german who regularly threatened neighbours with machine guns, and who recently passed away in an asylum), and squatters for the last 2 years since the fire. The place needs some TLC.

Separate topic: look closely at this red brick wall in Rosina St, Adelaide. Somebody has too much time on their hands.
Congratulations on your new purchase Wayno!

I remember the first time I saw that wall on Rosina Street - it's fantastic! But my neighbour who collects toy cars thought it was a bit of a waste. :)
cheers,
Rhino

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1538 Post by jk1237 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:21 pm

monotonehell wrote:Welcome to the neighbourhood, jk. Which end of Hutt are you? I used to live on the South Tce end, now I'm on Rundle Street.
why thanks, just near Halifax and Hutt

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1539 Post by monotonehell » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Wayno wrote:JK & Mono, i'm also a new city resident,
There goes the neighbourhood!
Wayno wrote:... or will be soon enough. Just bought a little heritage listed place. A renovators delight last occupied in the 1980's (by a mad german who regularly threatened neighbours with machine guns, and who recently passed away in an asylum), and squatters for the last 2 years since the fire. The place needs some TLC.
I think I know where you mean. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's been on the market for years. That does need a LOT of TLC.
Wayno wrote:Separate topic: look closely at this red brick wall in Rosina St, Adelaide. Somebody has too much time on their hands.
Heh yeah I remember when the artist was looking for donations of toy cars to make this. It's looking a little worse for wear these days. But I like the whimsy of it.
According to Wikipedia it happened during the 2000 Adelaide Festival...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matej_Andr ... %8Di%C4%8D

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1540 Post by Wayno » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:06 am

monotonehell wrote:I think I know where you mean. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's been on the market for years. That does need a LOT of TLC.
Unoccupied for ~30 years, came on the market for sale November 2012. Watch that space!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

The Scooter Guy

#1541 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:52 pm

The interior of the Myer Centre is now getting a year long makeover! This will include replacement of the escalators & gutting out the former toys section on level 5.
Does that mean they're finally doing something to the former Dazzeland areas after a decade of languishing?
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

The Scooter Guy

#1542 Post by The Scooter Guy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:47 pm

When Chuck Norris makes an 'Ultra Whopper' at HJ: :lol:
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 6587814310
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

claybro

Re: Plans for AAMI Stadium land released today

#1543 Post by claybro » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:07 pm

From AMII rezone discussion:
http://www.sensational-adelaide.com/for ... 84#p111084
buildit83 wrote:the long term time frame would be most probably because there isn't all that much demand with quite a number of housing developments happening around Adelaide over the next 10 years or so such as St. Clair, New Port Quays, Bowden, Tonsley, Woodville West and the west end CBD to name a few. there isn't much point in building a larger development like this till the demand is there. the last thing they want is another New Port Quays disaster where they built to much to soon.
Surprising that with such soft demand there is still a need to be sub dividing up at Direk, and packages in St Clair, Woodville West Bowden etc attract prices of $450-$500000, well above the Adelaide median. Seems that the whole property market is maniulated by all players to get maximum return for developers. Meanwhile, the average wage earner stuggles to buy a house and builders, who employ tradesman are still going broke. Just makes me wonder what is going on here?

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1544 Post by monotonehell » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:45 pm

claybro wrote:Surprising that with such soft demand there is still a need to be sub dividing up at Direk, and packages in St Clair, Woodville West Bowden etc attract prices of $450-$500000, well above the Adelaide median. Seems that the whole property market is maniulated by all players to get maximum return for developers. Meanwhile, the average wage earner stuggles to buy a house and builders, who employ tradesman are still going broke. Just makes me wonder what is going on here?
Didn't you answer your own question there?

claybro

#1545 Post by claybro » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:12 pm

monotonehell wrote:
claybro wrote:Surprising that with such soft demand there is still a need to be sub dividing up at Direk, and packages in St Clair, Woodville West Bowden etc attract prices of $450-$500000, well above the Adelaide median. Seems that the whole property market is maniulated by all players to get maximum return for developers. Meanwhile, the average wage earner stuggles to buy a house and builders, who employ tradesman are still going broke. Just makes me wonder what is going on here?
Didn't you answer your own question there?
I Guess then my question should not be what is going on, but why then the government is playing a part in allowing an artificially high cost of housing. Surely less costly new house and land packages as a result of plentiful supply by bringing surplus land quickly onto the market across all areas would result in more buidling activity, therefore more jobs and services and more tax etc etc. I'm no economist, so I must be missing something here.