[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
aceman
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: U/C: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment | 53,500 | $545m

#3451 Post by aceman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:47 pm

joshyboy
Gold-Member ;)

#3452 Post by joshyboy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:42 pm

rockthenation wrote:Don't the new stands look imposing! But the existing western stand looks dated, and it's only a couple of years old.
What makes it look "dated"? It doesn't look brand-new, I'll grant; but "dated"?

fkj
Gold-Member ;)

#3453 Post by fkj » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:57 pm

Last post didn't work so I'll just have to post the link.
Here's a panorama I took yesterday. Big fans at the top of the stands look interesting to say the least.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/854 ... .35.34.jpg

joshyboy
Gold-Member ;)

#3454 Post by joshyboy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:20 pm

fkj wrote:Big fans at the top of the stands look interesting to say the least.
Best idea ever. Loved them last summer. Just helped keep the air moving. Was great, even though I'm not sure how much was placebo effect and how much was actually the fans :P

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3455 Post by claybro » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:48 pm

joshyboy wrote:
Best idea ever. Loved them last summer. Just helped keep the air moving. Was great, even though I'm not sure how much was placebo effect and how much was actually the fans :P
Are the fans noisy? They are huge!

joshyboy
Gold-Member ;)

#3456 Post by joshyboy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:20 pm

claybro wrote:
joshyboy wrote:
Are the fans noisy? They are huge!
On full-bore with no crowd noise they are minimal - just like the buzz of the light towers at a quiet Shield game.
Add crowd noise etc and no problems whatsoever.

Laidback-Luke
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#3457 Post by Laidback-Luke » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Great pics aceman, for anyone with instagram there are a TON of pics going up everyday during the shield match. Just search #AdelaideOval and Adelaide Oval even has it's own account as of a week ago. Here are some of the best shots:

Will be heading down myself tomorrow
Hooligan wrote:They should've built a stadium there.

*runs away*

Vee
Legendary Member!

#3458 Post by Vee » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:44 am

Makeover set to place picturesque Adelaide on ‘global map’

Great piece on the redeveloped Adelaide Oval by Richard Sutcliffe in the Yorkshire Post
All that is missing is up to date pics of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval.
AUSTRALIA has never been short of iconic Test grounds.

From the sheer enormity of the MCG through to the wonderful fusion of traditional and modern that makes a day at the cricket in Sydney such a joy, any Pom heading Down Under has always been able to assuage the pain of even the heaviest defeat by enjoying the surrounds.

Nowhere has this been truer than in Adelaide, where the Oval – which first hosted Test cricket in 1884 – has long been regarded as the most picturesque of Australian cricket grounds.
More:
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/cr ... 07#content

The redeveloped AO is fabulous. I enjoyed the venue and the atmosphere at the recent Sheffield Shield match.
So did a number of tourists, keen to check out the Oval. These included visitors from countries unfamiliar with the game of cricket. One group were especially intrigued by an Attendant's description that this game goes for FOUR days and can still end in a DRAW!!

ml69
Legendary Member!

#3459 Post by ml69 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:52 pm

Laidback-Luke wrote: Image

I love this photo ... Adelaide Oval when complete will look amazing (especially at night) when crossing the footbridge.

Without doubt the most impressive stadium 'approach' in Australia.

Kasey771
Legendary Member!

#3460 Post by Kasey771 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:39 am

ml69 wrote:
Laidback-Luke wrote: Image

I love this photo ... Adelaide Oval when complete will look amazing (especially at night) when crossing the footbridge.

Without doubt the most impressive stadium 'approach' in Australia.
Cue the hoardes of invading Victorians whose spider-senses will be tingling because someone dared say a stadium in Australia had a better 'something' than the MCG!

FWIW I agree with you, but those whiny Vics can only see their precious G and thats all for them..waah waah G is best, doesn't matter when you tell them for example that it sucks for watching Soccer. The more oval shape of Adelaide Oval will make it better than the circular G for International amd A-League Soccer IMO.
Big infrastructure investments are usually under-valued and & over-criticized while in the planning stage. It's much easier to envision the here and now costs and inconveniences, and far more difficult to imagine fully the eventual benefits.

sib
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#3461 Post by sib » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:17 am

I thought the installments for Adelaide Oval Football Membership were starting last week. My card still is yet to be charged.

[Shuz]

#3462 Post by [Shuz] » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:38 am

The Oval and footbridge combination from the Intercontinental is quite the postcard shot. The whole precinct is amazing. I went last week to check out the stadium and was just left absolutely in awe and impressed. Proud to be an Adelaidian / South Australian right now. The Vics can go stick it. :P
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#3463 Post by Brucetiki » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:56 pm

sib wrote:I thought the installments for Adelaide Oval Football Membership were starting last week. My card still is yet to be charged.
I thought the same for my Essential Crows Membership (the first debit last year was in November), but the AFC has advised that our Memberships will automatically renew this time next month, so maybe debits for both Club and Stadium memberships start next month.

sib
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#3464 Post by sib » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Its gone thorugh now. Thanks

claybro

#3465 Post by claybro » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:05 pm

[Shuz] wrote:The Oval and footbridge combination from the Intercontinental is quite the postcard shot. The whole precinct is amazing. I went last week to check out the stadium and was just left absolutely in awe and impressed. Proud to be an Adelaidian / South Australian right now. The Vics can go stick it. :P

Agree Shuz, the shape of the bridge really works well, it looks spectacular from above. The entrance to the oval resembles a spaceship from the Southern Plaza, but not in a tacky way. There will be a real buzz at this end on game days.