[COM] Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Hooligan
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: COM: Adelaide Oval Redevelopment

#4096 Post by Hooligan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:37 am

We would better off spending money on new soocer stadium or upgrading the tennis centre than building a new stand on the Adelaide oval hill

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4097 Post by Wayno » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:25 am

[Shuz] wrote:It's a 100 year old scoreboard, which, doesn't matter where it belongs, can still serve its purpose by keeping the score. Whether it was at Adelaide Oval 2 or Glenelg Oval, or wherever, it would still fulfil the same purpose.
Wrong, so incredibly wrong. Where to begin...

You attended 4 games, all AFL. Ever heard of a game played in the warmer months - it's called cricket? That's AOs heritage.

/rant
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#4098 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:47 am

Cricket's not a game. Cricket is a tiny little insect.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4099 Post by SRW » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:13 am

Let's be realistic, the State has other calls on its finances. We've just spent roughly $600 million dollars on sports infrastructure that should suffice for at least the next couple decades. It's past time to turn our focus across the river to the Festival Centre and our arts infrastructure.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Maximus
Legendary Member!

#4100 Post by Maximus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:25 am

Maximus wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:I don't get why people want to remove the scoreboard.
Bruce, it's not "people". It's just Shuz. Have a read through all 273 pages of this thread (how much spare time do you have?!) and you'll see that he continually raises the idea every now and then just to throw a sh*t-bomb into the debate and prompt a rise out of everyone. Just ignore. We have a magnificent stadium that will be more than adequate for our needs for many years to come and that's all that needs to be said. :)
<sigh>... Sometimes I wonder whether my posts appear in invisible ink...! :?
It's = it is; its = everything else.
You're = you are; your = belongs to.
Than = comparative ("bigger than"); then = next.

metro
Legendary Member!

#4101 Post by metro » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:13 pm

[Shuz] wrote:Cricket's not a game. Cricket is a tiny little insect.
it's more of a game that AwFuL Victorian game :roll:

ChillyPhilly

#4102 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:56 am

Give Hindmarsh Stadium a roof instead. AO does not need, and should not have, a northern stand.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4103 Post by crawf » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:11 am

Our main sporting priority should be Memorial Drive. It desperately needs to be demolished and replaced with a new tennis/events arena. Which could replace the big shed in Hindmarsh for concerts aswell as allow Adelaide become a serious bidder again for major sporting events (namely tennis). It would allow the Southern/Telstra Plaza become more of a 'destination'.

The Adelaide Festival Centre is a high priority aswell.

SRJ
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#4104 Post by SRJ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:54 am

Definitely want to see Memorial Drive upgraded. If it is done properly we can have a sporting precinct like Melbourne.

Nathan

#4105 Post by Nathan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:01 pm

And now the rag is getting stuck in to Adelaide Oval, because Perth's new stadium will be "better". :toilet:

[Shuz]

#4106 Post by [Shuz] » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:33 pm

Even though I level my fair share of criticism of Adelaide Oval, even I don't believe that Perth's stadium will be better. It is the pure definition of a concrete bowl, with a facade of some sticks stuck on it on the outside.

At least Adelaide Oval has character. I don't fault that for a second. Each of the grandstands are different. There's a theme to it with the pavillions and the white rooves and red bricks and impressive entrances and all. I know I'm literally the only one to suggest we should have a northern grandstand similar to the Riverbank stand, but even that could be slightly different - a similar design, but with two pavillions with a video screen in the middle or something.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

obituary resider
High Rise Poster!

#4107 Post by obituary resider » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:06 pm

[Shuz] wrote:Even though I level my fair share of criticism of Adelaide Oval, even I don't believe that Perth's stadium will be better. It is the pure definition of a concrete bowl, with a facade of some sticks stuck on it on the outside.

At least Adelaide Oval has character. I don't fault that for a second. Each of the grandstands are different. There's a theme to it with the pavillions and the white rooves and red bricks and impressive entrances and all. I know I'm literally the only one to suggest we should have a northern grandstand similar to the Riverbank stand, but even that could be slightly different - a similar design, but with two pavillions with a video screen in the middle or something.
+1

Perth's stadium will most likely date horrendously. I dont think AO will suffer from this AS much.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#4108 Post by Will » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 pm

Nathan wrote:And now the rag is getting stuck in to Adelaide Oval, because Perth's new stadium will be "better". :toilet:
It was a sad and pathetic article reeking of our inferiority complex.

It was also sad that the Advertiser oversaw the 2 themes it used ad nauseam to attack Adelaide Oval when declaring Perth's new stadium to be "better" - cost and lack of a roof. Perth's stadium will cost $300 million more and still not have a roof.....

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4109 Post by crawf » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:25 pm

In times where there has been so much negativity and sadness in the media lately, the Advertiser still steeps to pathetic lows to gain dollars.

I think it's great that both Adelaide and Perth are replacing their ancient horrid stadiums.

Ofcourse I believe Adelaide Oval is better ;)

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#4110 Post by cruel_world00 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:10 pm

All I saw in that article was "WHERE IS OUR WI-FI?!?!" and let's be honest, by 2018 (when Perth's stadium opens) we'll probably have that too.

I'm happy for Perth to upgrade, it's great for them if we are any indication, but I prefer ours at the moment. Theirs will be new and fancy but when you boil it down, it only has 7,000 more seats and a higher percentage of covered fans for $350-400 million more. The rest of the "world class" features are things that people have said about our ground plus ours is way closer to the CBD than theirs.

Happy to be proven wrong when it's finished, but for Adelaide, Adelaide Oval is the perfect option that is still working through tweaking how to get the most out of it after one pretty bloody successful debut season.
Last edited by cruel_world00 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.