News & Discussion: CBD Retail

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: CBD Retail

#1636 Post by The Scooter Guy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:19 pm

Ben wrote:I know someone mentioned recently about City Centre arcade but maybe they will do something soon. One of their longest tenants moved out today Symetry hairdressers that faced onto Hindmarsh square. the Wendys has also closed down. I think I counted more pigeons then people in there today at lunch.
So just like at Tea Tree Plaza, this Wendy's is also likely to be converted into Golden North Ice Creamery!
And as you know, Golden North is 100% Palm Oil Free!
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Patrick_27

#1637 Post by Patrick_27 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:50 pm

Ben wrote:I know someone mentioned recently about City Centre arcade but maybe they will do something soon. One of their longest tenants moved out today Symetry hairdressers that faced onto Hindmarsh square. the Wendys has also closed down. I think I counted more pigeons then people in there today at lunch.
I hope you're right, the office building above has aged well but the arcade is awful. If they're going to renovate I'd like to see them reconfigure the building so that it's less of a maze and a more straightforward of getting to Hindmarsh Square.

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1638 Post by Pants » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:29 pm

Myer's taking a 25% stake in Topshop/Topman Australia and will have concessions in 20 Myer stores, including Adelaide from early next year:
Myer partnership to bring Topshop into 20 stores across Australia
KIM WILSON FASHION EDITOR HERALD SUN SEPTEMBER 02, 2015 8:32AM SHARE

MYER has formed an exclusive partnership with Topshop to bring the leading British fast fashion retailer into more than 20 Myer stores across the country.

In forming this partnership, Myer will make a 25 per cent investment in the Australian Topshop Topman franchisee with its seven existing Australian stores, and will roll out concession stores commencing in Bondi in November. The first Adelaide concession store will open early next year.

Myer CEO Richard Umbers says the in-store concessions follow successful models overseas in department stores including Nordstrom and Selfridges.

“Topshop Topman is a wanted brand globally and fully aligned with our strategic objective to provide a sharper, more focused offer to our customers. The brand brings to Myer outstanding fashion and cutting-edge design for customers who appreciate up-to-the minute and affordable fashion,” Mr Umbers says.

Topshop Australia chairman Hilton Seskin says the brand will offer the Myer customer a different experience, delivering fresh new product into store twice a week.

“Topshop is the only high street fashion brand to show on the official schedule of London Fashion Week, which validates and continually asserts our position as the global fashion authority,” he says.

“This is a very exciting time for our company to take this great proposition to Myer’s customers. The Myer partnership brings scale to the business within the Australian market. The international design team from Topshop Topman UK ensures seasonally relevant, constantly updated product that reflects the local market’s demand for global trends direct from the runway.”

SRJ
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1639 Post by SRJ » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:01 pm

Has it been confirmed that it is coming to Adelaide? So good if it is true

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#1640 Post by Eurostar » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:36 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
I hope you're right, the office building above has aged well but the arcade is awful. If they're going to renovate I'd like to see them reconfigure the building so that it's less of a maze and a more straightforward of getting to Hindmarsh Square.
Get rid of the pigeons too, I avoid that mall cos of pigeons, its really unhygenic

The Scooter Guy

#1641 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:30 pm

Something is now going into the former Telstra shop on Grenfell St.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1642 Post by Pikey » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:37 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote:Something is now going into the former Telstra shop on Grenfell St.
Wow, that was specific.
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1643 Post by Ben » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Amazing news, easily one of the top 5 most run down location in the mall.

DA/732/2015
18/09/2015
Application Assessed on Merit
Demolish existing building and construct new retail building for two tenancies. Katies, GF-1F 11-13 Rundle Mall, ADELAIDE SA 5000

Patrick_27

#1644 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:45 pm

Ben wrote:Amazing news, easily one of the top 5 most run down location in the mall.

DA/732/2015
18/09/2015
Demolish existing building and construct new retail building for two tenancies. Katies, GF-1F 11-13 Rundle Mall, ADELAIDE SA 5000
Trying to picture what this building is... What's there at the moment?

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1645 Post by Ben » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:54 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Ben wrote:Amazing news, easily one of the top 5 most run down location in the mall.

DA/732/2015
18/09/2015
Trying to picture what this building is... What's there at the moment?
Katies.

Allkai
High Rise Poster!

#1646 Post by Allkai » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:05 am

Anyone tried new Pirie St eatery Hello Sarnie yet?

Brave location, "sandwiched" between a Funk and a Bean Bar........ :lol:

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1647 Post by Ben » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:15 am

Allkai wrote:Anyone tried new Pirie St eatery Hello Sarnie yet?

yeh I have. Actually very good coffee which is locally roasted. They are different to Funk and bean bar in that its almost all pre made foods with a healthy spin. Looks quite good. Funk have recently updated their menu, logo and image and is much improved. Bean bar is seriously lacking unless you want a $6 ham and cheese toastie. I think they will suffer the most unless they revamp their menu.

Llessur2002

#1648 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:41 am

Tried it yesterday – it’s got a thumbs-up from me!

Hailing from the UK, I share the view of the guys who started it that it’s really difficult to grab a good quality pre-packed sandwich for lunch in Adelaide. Man, those things are everywhere back home – lunchtime convenience at its best. Hopefully this takes off – would be nice to see a couple of other outlets spring up in the City too…

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1649 Post by crawf » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:53 am

Ben wrote:

yeh I have. Actually very good coffee which is locally roasted. They are different to Funk and bean bar in that its almost all pre made foods with a healthy spin. Looks quite good. Funk have recently updated their menu, logo and image and is much improved. Bean bar is seriously lacking unless you want a $6 ham and cheese toastie. I think they will suffer the most unless they revamp their menu.
They need to change their name. The name 'Funk' has always put me off from going there.

I'm glad they ditched this:
Tacky for a CBD coffee chain

Nathan

#1650 Post by Nathan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:58 am

crawf wrote:They need to change their name. The name 'Funk' has always put me off from going there.

I'm glad they ditched this:[/img]
Tacky
I agree. Funk is a terrible name for a food and beverage chain. The new branding is better than the old one, but it's by no means good. The only thing Funk has going for them is that they set up in areas of little competition, otherwise there's no reason why anyone would seriously go there over even a Cibo, let alone a decent independent cafe.