New Royal Adelaide Hospital

Anything goes here.. :) Now with Beer Garden for our smoking patrons.
serca
High Rise Poster!

Re: New Royal Adelaide Hospital

#16 Post by serca » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:11 pm

Sooooo what your saying is the greens pay you to post here?

Kidding!!!

Fare call mate I shouldn't have singled you out by saying "your liberal" party, so my bad.

Everything else I said I pretty much stand by

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#17 Post by rev » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:33 am

Spurdo wrote:
rev wrote:Let's be honest, this paid liberal party member/troll called stumpedjumper on this forum who refuses to admit it but instead plays innocent average citizen when the heats on, is only here posting again, this time about the hospital, because there's deep internal divisions within his own state Liberal party and there's been several damaging leaks from within the state opposition Liberal party. How do you conceal your own problems? By distracting people with other problems. They, the Liberal party and it's paid employees like Stumpjumper, do not want you to know about the deep rooted problems within the party and the infighting. Because you wont trust them and rightly so, at the next state election.
So what your saying is that everyone who disagrees with you is a paid shill? That seems like a bit of a fallacious statement.

Yeh, sure, that's exactly what I was saying. Obviously :roll:

rev

#18 Post by rev » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:50 am

OlympusAnt wrote:That building is gonna turn this state into Australia's Detroit
No, what's going to turn us into the Australian Detroit is a lack of new industries and jobs which obviously means high unemployment. We are already a welfare state, there's sweet fuck all being done or proposed by either side of politics to create more jobs.
Not temporary jobs building a bloody freeway, but long term secure jobs in new industries.

Liberals have nothing to offer.
Labor at least does something.

Have we actually had that bad of a brain drain that we are left with the shit we have the unfortunate legal obligation to vote for every few years?

Give me a candidate for Premier who has a bold and out there vision for our state and city to finally kick start REAL growth in our economy and population and I'll personally volunteer to do letterbox drops across the whole of Adelaide for that persons campaign.
Look how much angst and drama and embarrassment we go through over a hospital or any bit of infrastructure being built.

And no Mono the Greens are not that party of option. They are just a smaller version of the incompetent useless major parties.

Christ all mighty I'm surprised we didn't get a tag payer funded party and public holiday to celebrate the economy clicking over $100 finally, or a speech from one of the usual Liberal party faces of the last 30 years that are still hanging around living it up on the tax payers dime about how it was only possible because of past liberal government policies.

Fuck I've almost had enough of this slow ass backwards ass state I'm considering moving east with every other South Aussie who got fed up.

stumpjumper
Legendary Member!

#19 Post by stumpjumper » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:53 am

Well said, rev. I can't fault anything you said there.

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#20 Post by ghs » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:28 am

Rev, makes a good point in terms of new industries. The writing has been on the wall for a long time with the car industry.

What has the labor government done to replace the car industry ?

Sweet FA.

Tourism isn't done very well here in Adelaide. There's about 10 million people in Sydney and Melbourne combined and a trip
to Adelaide is a nice weekend away for them. But the state government doesn't do much to support tourism when they close the supermarkets
at 5pm on Saturday and Sundays. There would be a truck load of interstate and international tourists who would have a good laugh
at our supermarkets closing early on the weekends.

The Adelaide festival season is the best thing that happens in this state and the best venue for the Royal croquet club is Victoria
square. But we can't have it in Vic. Square anymore because there's a few conservative people who don't like it. We shoot ourselves
in the foot sometimes.

Unfortunately we have too many conservative politicians who don't have any experience in the real world.

bits
Legendary Member!

#21 Post by bits » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:19 pm

ghs wrote: But the state government doesn't do much to support tourism when they close the supermarkets
at 5pm on Saturday and Sundays. There would be a truck load of interstate and international tourists who would have a good laugh
I was shocked when I went to Melbourne Central during the week to find it didn't open until 10am. I had to check my phone that it was not Sunday.
With the opening time offset considered I am unsure if it is open any longer than malls in Adelaide.

ghs

#22 Post by ghs » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:53 pm

bits wrote:
ghs wrote: But the state government doesn't do much to support tourism when they close the supermarkets
I was shocked when I went to Melbourne Central during the week to find it didn't open until 10am. I had to check my phone that it was not Sunday.
With the opening time offset considered I am unsure if it is open any longer than malls in Adelaide.
I am sure the supermarkets are open after 5pm in Melbourne on the weekends. It's an absolute disgrace that the government
forces them to close down here in Adelaide on the weekends. Honestly we're not living in the 1980's.

Llessur2002

#23 Post by Llessur2002 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:14 pm

ghs wrote: But the state government doesn't do much to support tourism when they close the supermarkets at 5pm on Saturday and Sundays. There would be a truck load of interstate and international tourists who would have a good laugh at our supermarkets closing early on the weekends.
Whilst I agree that supermarket opening times really do need to be extended, I'm not really sure how much this affects interstate tourism. Supermarket opening times are pretty much the last thing on my mind when I go away for a weekend and I don't think I'm unusual in this regard. I would have thought that most people would eat out whilst on holiday as opposed to catering for themselves. Those who want to self-cater would more likely be camping or staying somewhere less central in which case you'd expect smaller shops and shorter opening hours anyway.

ghs

#24 Post by ghs » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:03 pm

Llessur2002 wrote:
ghs wrote: But the state government doesn't do much to support tourism when they close the supermarkets at 5pm on Saturday and Sundays. There would be a truck load of interstate and international tourists who would have a good laugh at our supermarkets closing early on the weekends.
Whilst I agree that supermarket opening times really do need to be extended, I'm not really sure how much this affects interstate tourism. Supermarket opening times are pretty much the last thing on my mind when I go away for a weekend and I don't think I'm unusual in this regard. I would have thought that most people would eat out whilst on holiday as opposed to catering for themselves. Those who want to self-cater would more likely be camping or staying somewhere less central in which case you'd expect smaller shops and shorter opening hours anyway.
Mate, there's plenty of backpackers who come to Adelaide on a budget who wouldn't want to eat out.
Even for middle class travelers, going interstate is not always cheap and they would be looking to save money on food. Just because you come from the chardonnay set, doesn't mean that everyone else does as well.

Llessur2002

#25 Post by Llessur2002 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:33 pm

ghs wrote:Mate, there's plenty of backpackers who come to Adelaide on a budget who wouldn't want to eat out.
Agreed. But I doubt any backpacker in the history of backpacking has ever skipped SA or reduced the length of their stay here because they've found out in advance that the supermarkets close at 5pm on a Sunday.
ghs wrote:Even for middle class travelers, going interstate is not always cheap and they would be looking to save money on food.
Also agreed. But again, I doubt supermarket opening times have put anything other than a tiny handful of particularly choosy self-caterers off a trip to SA.
ghs wrote:Just because you come from the chardonnay set, doesn't mean that everyone else does as well.
I'll take this as the joke I'm sure it was intended to be.

Look, I agree with your comments about supermarket opening times. It's archaic and inconvenient. My wife will be able to corroborate this - I've moaned about it to her for years. However, I think trying to blame supermarket opening hours for poor tourism figures is a bit far fetched. In fact, I thought I read very recently that both international and interstate tourism numbers for the state were at record highs, both in terms of overall visitors and length of stays...

bits
Legendary Member!

#26 Post by bits » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:39 pm

ghs wrote:I am sure the supermarkets are open after 5pm in Melbourne on the weekends. It's an absolute disgrace that the government
forces them to close down here in Adelaide on the weekends. Honestly we're not living in the 1980's.
I can't recall ever going on a holiday for an interstate Woolworths.
Pretty confident my mother, my wife and random friends have said it is the labels which they fly to Melbourne for, I do not believe the label is homebrand or smartbuy.

The stores that attract tourists are open basically the same amount of hours between Adelaide and Melbourne.

ghs

#27 Post by ghs » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:19 pm

I've made a similar post about this issue previously on another thread. I probably shouldn't post the same thing twice but honestly I find it so frustrating.

For a short period of time I had a job in the transport industry where I would occasionally meet tourists. There was one guy I met from Sydney who had a whinge about the supermarkets closing early on the weekends. A couple of months later I met another male from the gold coast who was in Adelaide for work. He was pretty negative about Adelaide and one of his complaints was regarding the supermakets closing early.

For tourists arriving in Adelaide late afternoon or in the evening on a saturday or sunday, where are they supposed to get food from ?

I would estimate that about 40 to 50 per cent of them would be wanting to go to a supermarket. Many of the tourists wouldn't expect the supermarkets to be closed because they come from Sydney and Melbourne where the supermarkets stay open. When the tourists leave Adelaide and go back home many of them would say to their friends 'Adelaide is a country town, the supermarkets close at 5pm on the weekends' and they would have a good laugh about it.

Our politicians here in SA also don't realise that a lot of people who work in the real world, also work on the weekends. Quite often I work all day on saturday and would like to go to the supermarket on sat. night. I live near the Coles on Grote street, but I can't go there on saturday night and have to drive to the IGA near South Terrace in my automobile. IGA stores are more expensive and have a smaller range.

The government needs to do what's good for the people and you can't tell me that closing the supermarkets early on the weekends is good for the overall population. The fact that our Labor government thinks that it's ok to close the supermarkets early just shows how incompetent they are.

rev

#28 Post by rev » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:49 pm

From nRAH to Woolworths and backpackers?

Do I have to go on another really long rant to get you guys back on track?

ghs

#29 Post by ghs » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:36 pm

rev wrote:From nRAH to Woolworths and backpackers?

In the pub, you can talk about anything that you want mate. And when it comes to the state
government there's plenty of issues to complain about.

rev

#30 Post by rev » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:39 pm

ghs wrote:
rev wrote:From nRAH to Woolworths and backpackers?

In the pub, you can talk about anything that you want mate. And when it comes to the state
government there's plenty of issues to complain about.
So you've gotten bored spraying doom in development threads? :lol: