[SWP] Lot 14 (Old RAH Site)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

[SWP] Re: Lot 14 (Old RAH Site)

#721 Post by rev » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:21 pm

Global tech and services company Accenture to set up Adelaide hub, with a plan to create 2000 jobs

Daniel Wills, State Political Editor, The Advertiser
September 27, 2020 9:58pm
Subscriber only

Global technology and services giant Accenture will set up an Adelaide hub, with a plan to create 2000 local jobs.

In one of the biggest announcements yet for the hyped growth of future technologies industries in SA, the US-listed firm will launch a recruitment campaign for workers from today. It expects to ramp up to the 2000 jobs over five years.

It comes amid expansion of the Lot Fourteen development on the old Royal Adelaide Hospital site.

Premier Steven Marshall said the company’s commitment was “a massive coup for the state”, and strengthened SA’s position as a global leader in hi-tech industries. Accenture describes itself as a leading global professional services company. It works across strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations and has digital capabilities for those products.

It operates in more than 40 industries, with 506,000 staff in 120-plus countries and drove $US44bn in revenue during the last financial year.

Mr Marshall said the scale of Accenture’s investment in SA “cannot be underestimated”, and was expected to inject $1bn into the economy, along with “thousands of jobs”.

“This is a jobs bonanza for SA at a time when we need it most,” Mr Marshall said.

“Accenture’s Adelaide hub will serve as a magnet for talented young people who will help drive our state’s economic growth and bolster our defence, space and cyber sectors.

“The decision by Accenture to invest here is proof that SA is a major drawcard to international companies across hi-tech and high-growth sectors.”

The Adelaide hub includes development of national security and cyber defence capabilities as well as new “advanced technology centres of excellence” in areas such as IT. It also boasts artificial intelligence and analytics.

The Lot Fourteen site is already home to the Australian Space Agency, the SmartSat Cooperative Research Centre, MIT Living Lab, the Australian Institute of Machine Learning and the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre.

Accenture Australia and New Zealand chairman Bob Easton said Adelaide had “a high-quality labour force, committed business community and a government that embraces new opportunities”.

“This makes South Australia an ideal location for Accenture’s latest hub and a new collaborative approach to business and technology,” he said.

Mr Easton said Accenture was “committed to serve as a key member of the local community, investing and working together with other businesses and educational institutions”.

The Accenture Adelaide Hub will collaborate with the company’s other similar ventures in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Canberra. They are connected to more than 100 Accenture innovation hubs and centres around the globe.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... ddda34a62f

Already in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Canberra, but at least we beat Brisbane :lol:

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#722 Post by ghs » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:55 pm

2000 jobs is an impressive figure. We had a labor government for about 10 years and they were never able to lure big companies to setup in adelaide.

d3v310per
High Rise Poster!

#723 Post by d3v310per » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:24 am

ghs wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:55 pm
2000 jobs is an impressive figure. We had a labor government for about 10 years and they were never able to lure big companies to setup in adelaide.
Up to 2000 jobs over 5 years. Impressive for Adelaide. Would love to see more of this more frequently

AndyWelsh
Legendary Member!

#724 Post by AndyWelsh » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:41 pm

This is turning into a big hole:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#725 Post by Ben » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:51 pm

Application for a 17 level building has been lodged

Lot 14 North Terrace Adelaide
UNDER ASSESSMENT
Description
Construction of 17 storey building ‘Entrepreneur & Innovation Centre’ within the Lot 14 Precinct comprising office, research and educational land uses
Application ID

Application number
020/L161/20

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#726 Post by SRW » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:52 pm

Fair bit taller than I was expecting (and hoping, tbh -- I'd prefer lower in this space) and quite a bit more ambitious than I thought (in terms of leasable area they expect to be able to fill).
Keep Adelaide Weird

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#727 Post by SRW » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:13 pm

Article over at InDaily:

'Plans lodged for "iconic flagship" building at Lot Fourteen'

Lettable area of 35,000 sqm, apparently. With Festival Square and the Charter Hall proposal on KWS similarly large, it's hard to see all three getting up within 5 years.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

#728 Post by Pikey » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:44 pm

SRW wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:13 pm
Article over at InDaily:

Lettable area of 35,000 sqm, apparently. With Festival Square and the Charter Hall proposal on KWS similarly large, it's hard to see all three getting up within 5 years.
Different objectives in terms of tenants I'd say, FS and KWS would be private/government enterprise with big space commitments, it'd say this would be more of a high end flex fit, designed to hold multiple smaller firms.

But, that's purely a guess on my behalf!
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#729 Post by wilkiebarkid » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:38 pm

SRW wrote:
Article over at InDaily:

Charter Hall has secured Services Australia I believe, combining these services from 5 different locations. i.e. Medicare, Centrelink, and everything else that comes under 'human services'.

I don't think they would be speculators. They would have had this potential tenant all but stitched up before the announcement of the development.

The Walker building also has plenty of government pre-commitment from what I have read.

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#730 Post by Jaymz » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:02 pm

wilkiebarkid wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:38 pm
SRW wrote:
Article over at InDaily:

Charter Hall has secured Services Australia I believe, combining these services from 5 different locations. i.e. Medicare, Centrelink, and everything else that comes under 'human services'.

I don't think they would be speculators. They would have had this potential tenant all but stitched up before the announcement of the development.

The Walker building also has plenty of government pre-commitment from what I have read.
Pretty sad then, underwritten by the government. Would've been impressive if a non-govt company had taken up even a small part of the space.

SBD

#731 Post by SBD » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:37 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:02 pm
wilkiebarkid wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:38 pm
SRW wrote:
Article over at InDaily:

Pretty sad then, underwritten by the government. Would've been impressive if a non-govt company had taken up even a small part of the space.
The Commonwealth Government doesn't have any particular vested interest in Adelaide. It's not that much different than any other national business with multiple brands having the SA regional offices being brought together.

I also imagine Lot 14 to be aimed at lots of small and startup enterprises, but there could well be an anchor tenant in Accenture announced last month to be "expected to create up to 2000 jobs" there over the next five years.

Alyx
High Rise Poster!

#732 Post by Alyx » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:03 pm

From Crowne Plaza this morning:

And last night:

Algernon

#733 Post by Algernon » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:27 am

I had family that worked in one of the now demolished wings in that picture. 25 years after i was last in there, i can still recall the hepatitis piss smell of that place.

EBG

#734 Post by EBG » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:10 am

Great pictures Alyx

Alyx
High Rise Poster!

#735 Post by Alyx » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:37 pm

EBG wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:10 am
Great pictures Alyx
A very belated thank you!

The Advertiser wrote:The first designs for a $200m Indigenous art gallery at Lot Fourteen, inspired by Aboriginal temporary shelters, are being unveiled as the future centrepiece of the landmark site.

The Advertiser can reveal the long-awaited Aboriginal Art and Cultures Centre (AACC) concept plans, which have been based on shelters known as wurlies or humpies.

Architect Woods Bagot will develop the designs into detailed plans for the North Tce site during the next 12 months, in concert with an Aboriginal reference group led by AACC ambassador and community leader David Rathman.

Premier Steven Marshall said the striking reference design, featuring overlapping layers surrounding a central gathering space, embodied the centre’s vision as a gateway to the world’s oldest living cultures.

“The AACC will offer extraordinary immersive experiences, combining traditional storytelling with modern technology, celebrating 65,000 years of Aboriginal cultures and creating a global tourism attraction,” he said.

“We will share with the world, with great pride, the incredible stories and unique cultures of Australia’s first people, as never told or shown before.”

Construction is scheduled to start later this year and the centre is due to open in early 2025.

Full article: https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... 9cc8a0f0fe