[PRO] Port Adelaide Dock Spur Line

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
SouthAussie94
High Rise Poster!

[PRO] Re: Port Adelaide Dock Spur Line

#316 Post by SouthAussie94 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:41 pm

Railway museum to shunt trains for Port rail line revival

The National Railway Museum says it may have to lose some rolling stock exhibits as it downsizes after losing land and tracks to a $51 million plan to return a passenger rail line to the heart of Port Adelaide.

Labor pledged before the state election to bring passenger trains back into the Port Adelaide city centre by rebuilding the mothballed Port Dock Railway, which runs off the existing Outer Harbor line and into the eastern side of the National Railway Museum.

The line has been closed since 1981. The Department says early works to revitalise the 1km railway will start later this year ahead of completion in 2024.

Full Article: https://indaily.com.au/news/local/2022/ ... e-revival/
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

1NEEDS2POST
High Rise Poster!

[PRO] Re: Port Adelaide Dock Spur Line

#317 Post by 1NEEDS2POST » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:31 pm

That was bound to happen to the museum. There's room to the south for the museum to expand, but I don't think they control that land.