News & Discussion: Population Growth

All other development discussion.
abc
Legendary Member!

Re: News & Discussion: Population Growth

#151 Post by abc » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:33 pm

visa vi above post...

until you live in an affected area, you can insult NIMBYS... but when you're affected you will become the NIMBY

there needs to be some checks and balances, we still live in Australia the last time I checked.

Kimora
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: News & Discussion: Population Growth

#152 Post by Kimora » Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:16 pm

Firstly to answer Wills question, 65 000 people could fit in the lower density housing in thw 1940's cos the average household was about 5 people now its about 2 and will continue to decrease. alot of the city centre area has also been taken over by offices etc. the cbd area is fairly large and 65 000 people could be achievable with 10 storey appartments right throughout the city square. if the city continues to grow at the rate it has in the past few years the ACC will have a population of 65 000 in about 60 years (not in % but the no. of people who moved to the ACC in 2006) The infrastructure will gradually improve to cater for the increased population so i wouldnt worry about that. IMO with the mining boom the state population will grow faster and we will inevitably see more people replacing detached housing with higher density housing. so i think the ACC could have a population of 65000 before 2067. cheers