[PRO] Masonic Lodge | 183m | 37 Levels | Mixed Use

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

[PRO] Re: Masonic Lodge | 183m | 37 Levels | Mixed Use

#556 Post by rev » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:28 pm

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:07 pm
MicBara wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:36 am
thanks, you raise a good point. I will have to check if the colour of the building will be that light. I suspect not, it's probably about the same as it is now and the bronze would fit better.
Hey Mic! Hows the progress going on the tower, are we getting approval from PlanSA soon?

(To any snowflake about to complain and whinge that I bumped this thread, Mic does NOT give us updates in here without a prompt. Hes a busy man building a skyscraper, doesn't have time to tell us about progress, unless we ask )

https://sappa.plan.sa.gov.au
At this link, you can look up any parcel of land, and check to see if there's any applications lodged. At the top of that page where it says street map if you click on it and select the hybrid map it will show you a satellite image view with street names which will make it easier to navigate.

https://plan.sa.gov.au/development_appl ... 030263-DAP
This link is for this development in particular.
As you'll see, it's still under assessment, which is more then likely why MicBara hasn't posted anything further about the application process.
You can even download and view some documents from such links to give you a bit of an insight into the process.

MicBara
Gold-Member ;)

#557 Post by MicBara » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:06 pm

Hey team, thanks for the bump. I've got SOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo much to show you but I need to wait until we have DA. We've got a lot of information coming back to SCAP and a hearing coming up soon.

Mpol02
High Rise Poster!

#558 Post by Mpol02 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:33 pm

Fingers crossed mate. Hope it’s good news

Prodical
Legendary Member!

#559 Post by Prodical » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:10 pm

Thank goodness this project is still alive - i am very much hoping it goes ahead and changes Adelaide's skyline profile forever. There has not been any SCAP meeting update for a month - the last meeting details are from the 27 March.

Fingers crossed...

MicBara
Gold-Member ;)

#560 Post by MicBara » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:18 pm

Yeah, we've wanted to give really detailed responses and some of the feedback required a little bit more thought on our part.
We've stepped through the process pretty carefully and every time the scap panel, traffic or heritage teams have offered feedback we've taken it back, work shopped it and refined our plans.

Some of the feedback we could have pushed back on because there is a level of detail being requested that isn't usually required for simple planning approval but to be honest, it's just making for a better project.
I'll show you guys as soon as I can but the ground floor looks way better.

We've started the geotechnical surveys down to 90 meters. The city floats on clay and the bedrock (which is still clay) is around 100m deep. However the soil conditions are what we expected so that was nice.
We're going to send all the samples off to the Uni Adelaide Geology dept if they are interested.

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#561 Post by timtam20292 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:22 pm

Another great update, Thanks MicBara 👍

jackfire
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#562 Post by jackfire » Sat May 04, 2024 5:38 pm

From the Advertiser today.
IMG_6815.jpeg
Todays advertiser

Jaymz
Legendary Member!

#563 Post by Jaymz » Tue May 07, 2024 1:32 pm

I walked past earlier today and there's a little drill rig working away out the back. Assume it's for the soil sampling that Micbara mentioned a few posts above.

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#564 Post by AG » Tue May 07, 2024 2:47 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 1:32 pm
I walked past earlier today and there's a little drill rig working away out the back. Assume it's for the soil sampling that Micbara mentioned a few posts above.
Geotechnical investigations for the foundation and retaining wall designs, most likely.

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#565 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Thu May 30, 2024 4:11 pm

:banana: Authorities have submitted their responses, with the airport submitting their approval last night!
Seems full steam ahead from here on out! :applause:
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-30 155836.png

Prodical
Legendary Member!

#566 Post by Prodical » Thu May 30, 2024 5:21 pm

Excellent :)

This is a really important project for Adelaide and SA. If this and the Tower 2 are built, it will change the look and the perception of Adelaide.

Good luck :) and I look forward to seeing the final building layout and visualisations on the SCAP agenda :)

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#567 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Thu May 30, 2024 7:37 pm

Prodical wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 5:21 pm

This is a really important project for Adelaide and SA. If this and the Tower 2 are built, it will change the look and the perception of Adelaide.

Good luck :) and I look forward to seeing the final building layout and visualisations on the SCAP agenda :)
Indeed, these buildings should in principle help will rid adelaide of its ridiculous archaic and "old town" feel, get rid of these stupid f**king titles like "city of churches". Makes us sound like stupid grey haired retirement home bastards.

As the premier said, it'll give adelaide a new optimistc look and feel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9kDdxgt3Wc

Adelaide should be know for business, defence/manufacturing, festivals & culture, wine and food, liveability and beauty. Not bloody churches and old people, thats what hobart is, where nothing ever happens.
Last edited by VinyTapestry849 on Fri May 31, 2024 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

abc
Legendary Member!

#568 Post by abc » Thu May 30, 2024 8:07 pm

VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 7:37 pm
Prodical wrote:

Indeed, these buildings should in principle help will rid adelaide of its ridiculous archaic and "old town" feel, get rid of these stupid fucking titles like "city of churches". Makes us sound like stupid grey haired retirement home bastards.

As the premier said, it'll give adelaide a new optimistc look and feel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9kDdxgt3Wc

Adelaide should be know for business, defence/manufacturing, festivals & culture, wine and food, liveability and beauty. Not fucking churches and old people, thats what hobart is, where nothing ever happens.
have you ever been to Hobart? Its actually quite a bit livelier in the city centre than Adelaide.

being known for 'defence/manufacturing' (ie offense manufacturing, regional military industrial complex which profits from wars it promotes) isn't a title that sits well with me

I'd prefer it if we could go back to building cars, but that bird has flown

VinyTapestry849
High Rise Poster!

#569 Post by VinyTapestry849 » Thu May 30, 2024 8:35 pm

abc wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 8:07 pm
VinyTapestry849 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 7:37 pm
Prodical wrote:

Indeed, these buildings should in principle help will rid adelaide of its ridiculous archaic and "old town" feel, get rid of these stupid fucking titles like "city of churches". Makes us sound like stupid grey haired retirement home bastards.

Adelaide should be know for business, defence/manufacturing, festivals & culture, wine and food, liveability and beauty. Not fucking churches and old people, thats what hobart is, where nothing ever happens.
have you ever been to Hobart? Its actually quite a bit livelier in the city centre than Adelaide.

being known for 'defence/manufacturing' (ie offense manufacturing, regional military industrial complex which profits from wars it promotes) isn't a title that sits well with me

I'd prefer it if we could go back to building cars, but that bird has flown
Get over it dude, its not like we build missiles down here, we build warships, frigates, destroyers and soon nuclear powered submarines.

We have lockheed martin, boeing, saab, BAE systems all based here in Adelaide's defence sector (mostly to do with the shipbuilding) its a great business opportunity that we need to promote

And having these new skyscraper popping up shows the world we're a business hub and our industries are worth investing in!

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#570 Post by timtam20292 » Fri May 31, 2024 12:00 am

Positive news. Next is for it to be approved.